SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Lot of good information but that was a lot to read this early in the morning.

Regardless of how you or I see this.....what are you implying bases on the bolded part for this country to get back to some normalcy? When can we sit and eat in a restaurant? No kids in an actual school building next academic year? When can I watch my daughter participate any of the HS activities she's involved in? When can any of us sit in a church service? When can we go to the gym? When can we go visit family in an assisted living facility or nursing home? Basically when do we get back to living???

Once the country starts following the Shelter in Place rules and takes this thing seriously. The more people that act like they're immune, or that it's not so bad, or that they can't spread it even if they're not showing symptoms, the more it will need to be extended further and further.

Honestly, how did China's number drop? Because they instituted a severe lockdown.
Why are Italy's number's holding steady? Because they instituted a lockdown.
Why does South Korea have so few cases? Because they tested thousands of people a day within a week of their first case and implemented a lockdown.

Why are the U.S. numbers rising at a drastic rate? Because the lockdowns took too long and because many states don't have them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Once the country starts following the Shelter in Place rules and takes this thing seriously. The more people that act like they're immune, or that it's not so bad, or that they can't spread it even if they're not showing symptoms, the more it will need to be extended further and further.

You seem to be an expert......when is that? You seem to see this whole crisis in this country, from across the ocean, as a one trick pony. Do we continue to shutdown society until the death totals fit the narrative?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Not a political post but an observation....

The states that are still open for business appear to be mostly red states. If getting over this virus is going to take a real lockdown, the states will need to set politics aside just like we have here at Siouxsports.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Mods:

Where are the facts or does 'no political' not apply here.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Walz still good for his 74K during that timeframe? He needs 73390 more in 3 weeks. 

That looks like a fact to me, Old Fella.  Governor Walz has trotted out his model of 74,000 deaths and shut down the state.  Right now, the state is at 10 deaths.

I guess we’re still going to break into two camps here.  One will cheer madly and say that crushing the state’s economy has been an overwhelming success as the shutdown has “prevented” 73,000+ deaths...the other will think that the original claim was wildly off and that some government heads should roll.  

We’ll see how this plays out...

Also, from the forum guidelines:

Selectively quote copyrighted material within "fair use" guidelines. Also be sure to cite, and link if possible, the original source. Reward other sites for their quality material by sending them traffic (as opposed to stealing and reproducing their content).

Feel free to brush up on the other guidelines at https://forum.siouxsports.com/guidelines/

20 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Honest Question. 

Do you believe China's reported numbers?

China is only reporting people that test positive and that show symptoms.  Since many people have mild to no symptoms those people aren't being reported which causes underreporting.  Regardless of which side of this issue people come down on in the US, not believing what China says on this should be pretty universal .

• Upvote 1

I drove by tiny LM the other day and couldn't believe how busy the parking lot was. But it made sense with how out of meat walmarts were.

Wonder if they need to be shut down too?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/retail/5015742-Retail-Reacts-LM-Meats-continues-serving-devoted-customer-base

People are not skimping on their meat products, he said. Over a recent three-day period, L&M sold more than 2,000 pounds of hamburger – that’s 1,300 pounds more than it usually sells within the same time period, he said.

Headline from Fargo Forum Yesterday. They have since changed it

Minnesota testing more people for coronavirus, but you probably still can’t get one unless you’re critically ill.

---According to the MN Dept. of health website, they've tested 18,882 people for coronavirus with 517 positive tests and 56 hospitalizations as of March 30, 2020. That means less than 3% tested positive and far less that a half a percent are hospitalized. 97% have tested negative. So how is it that you have to be "critically ill" to get a test?

4 minutes ago, keikla said:

Silly me.  I thought this thread was supposed to be about the actual medical aspect of the virus and not the same old rehashing from the other thread.

Well I appreciated your input anyway.

Back to posting on facebook for the rest of you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That looks like a fact to me, Old Fella.  Governor Walz has trotted out his model of 74,000 deaths and shut down the state.  Right now, the state is at 10 deaths.

I guess we’re still going to break into two camps here.  One will cheer madly and say that crushing the state’s economy has been an overwhelming success as the shutdown has “prevented” 73,000+ deaths...the other will think that the original claim was wildly off and that some government heads should roll.  

We’ll see how this plays out...

Yes we will.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Walz made his shelter in place order at least partially based on a "model" for the potential of 74K deaths in MN from this virus. MN has 10 deaths......that's it of this morning. Both of those things are fact.

Nice effort in trying to "silence" someone with a different viewpoint though.

Mods

So now it is fair game to mention Mr. T's fabrications?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to Staying healthy

USA Today,     Staying Healthy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/more-than-1000-in-us-die-in-a-single-day-from-coronavirus-doubling-the-worst-daily-death-toll-of-the-flu/ar-BB122UBy?ocid=spartandhp

The U.S. topped 1,000 coronavirus deaths in a single day for the first time Wednesday.
This year's flu season has recorded an average of 383 deaths per day, CDC figures show.