SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Without opining on whether this should happen, I think there's a decent chance all the tournament games are played without fans present. I base this on the various company announcements restricting domestic travel and conferences from many industries being cancelled.  That would at least take attendance out of the committee's considerations. 

4 minutes ago, jk said:

Without opining on whether this should happen, I think there's a decent chance all the tournament games are played without fans present. I base this on the various company announcements restricting domestic travel and conferences from many industries being cancelled.  That would at least take attendance out of the committee's considerations. 

Who's going to refund my airline tickets to Detroit?

While some actions may eventually be viewed in hindsight as an overabundance of caution, there are serious people taking serious steps for good reason, not because they're influenced by media hysteria.  Real money is chasing bonds like they're not going to issue any more, and that doesn't happen for mirages.  I suspect it is more serious than your post suggests. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, jk said:

While some actions may eventually be viewed in hindsight as an overabundance of caution, there are serious people taking serious steps for good reason, not because they're influenced by media hysteria.  Real money is chasing bonds like they're not going to issue any more, and that doesn't happen for mirages.  I suspect it is more serious than your post suggests. 

You are completely incorrect with your last statement. The facts and science don't bear that out this stage.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Total overblown hysteria...

Well, considering the R0 factor is between 2 and 3.5, perhaps twice as infectious as the Spanish Flu and 3 times that of 1N1, swine. Or, the current death rate is 5 fold that of the seasonal flu. Or, a person can have nominal symptoms yet be contagious for as long as 2 weeks to a month. These numbers most likely will lower, with additional evidence and testing results. Certainly no “hoax” as many have suggested, and maybe enough evidence to show some concern.  Unfortunately, sick employees don’t stay home... I sent two home today.  The elderly will be hard hit.  Heed the advice of medical experts.  Call your parents.  

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ranger said:

Well, considering the R0 factor is between 2 and 3.5, perhaps twice as infectious as the Spanish Flu and 3 times that of 1N1, swine. Or, the current death rate is 5 fold that of the seasonal flu. Or, a person can have nominal symptoms yet be contagious for as long as 2 weeks to a month. These numbers most likely will lower, with additional evidence and testing results. Certainly no “hoax” as many have suggested, and maybe enough evidence to show some concern.  Unfortunately, sick employees don’t stay home... I sent two home today.  The elderly will be hard hit.  Heed the advice of medical experts.  Call your parents.  

17 and 308.

Your "statistics"...........

Pump the brakes there Don Lemon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's ridiculous. If that happens it's out of complete unsubstantiated fear and ignorance...period.

Total overblown hysteria.

Coming from a guy with a lot of f you money and often tells things like it is.

People are absolutely influenced by media hysteria.

Everyone sees it.

• Upvote 4

SXSW, a massive event with an estimated economic impact of over $300 million, cancelled.  The odds of this happening to the various NCAA tournaments are growing.

Edit: not cancelling the tournaments, but the spectators. 

55 minutes ago, jk said:

SXSW, a massive event with an estimated economic impact of over $300 million, cancelled.  The odds of this happening to the various NCAA tournaments are growing.

Edit: not cancelling the tournaments, but the spectators. 

So are you suggesting that this precedent should now require all activities that congregate 10+ or more people be cancelled moving forward?  Especially from the months of October thru April in this country? No school during those months?

I'm watching oxbows favorite channel right now, CNN.

Elons tweet might to helping change the coronavirus narrative already.

Show host went on a long rant about how he hasn't changed any of his plans. Told his son to go on spring break. Hes still traveling all over the country. Then they showed the Elon tweet. Then showed another blue check mark guys tweet about how the fear has become greater than the disease. And now brought on a Harvard physician who wrote an article about how the coronavirus might not be nearly as deadly as originally thought.

COVID-19 Isn’t As Deadly As We Think

40 minutes ago, keikla said:

If UND gets sent to any of the 3 regional sites out east, I still plan to attend unless I'm under quarantine.  That being said, I live in a hotspot area with roughly 4000 people under quarantine, so that is a real possibility...

Seems extreme you'd fly from Iran just for hockey. You're a true fan!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, petey23 said:

If we had a different President from a different political party right now and the W.H.O. and CDC reports were exactly the same as they have been, the media reports and hysteria would be a complete 180 from what they are right now.

So you are gonna go political on this site. If we had a president that did not cut the C D C and put some preparation into this (it was only a surprise to him)'we would not be here.

• Upvote 3

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic