SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Yeah movement isn't a real accurate measure for rural areas.  They should see whether they ever came within 500 feet of another cell phone while they were checking their cattle.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Or when your closest gas station or grocery store is 20-30 miles away.

25-30?  That's how far my sister and her family is away from one - and they live right on Highway 85!  Some of their "neighbors" live another 10-45 miles away from one as they're down in the hills.  Killdeer (Dunn County) and Belfield (Stark County) are the closest locations for most folks who don't live in the county seat of Medora.  But damn those country bumpkins for not "sheltering in place," right?        

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, petey23 said:

That is a little generous.

95% telling the truth is mucho generous.  Now CNN and MSNBC are leaving the national press conferences after Trump turnover the presser to VP Pence.  That is when the juicy News starts.  Unless you interest is just trying to take down Trump.

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

They are pulling away because their polling is showing Trump's approval numbers for the handling of the Corona Virus crisis are higher than they would like despite their efforts to craft a narrative.

1000+

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

We’re Italy any second now, right?  

We have states trending that direction. And others getting closer. And not one state has taken the draconian measures that other countries have taken to slow the spread.

The longer our government keeps brushing this off, the longer citizens will continue to do the same unfortunately.

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

I find people complaining about this thread to be hilarious. Do you guys also go to restaurants that you don't like just to complain about not liking them? The thread title says enter at your own risk. Feel free to just not enter the thread.

Not shooting arrows at you, just seems hard for a reader to find your post and to take heed here?

Being,    we're in the middle of a page on the 99th page in a thread covered with a mother load of political mud?

If you’ve been active on here in real time from the beginning it’s much better than if you popped in and are trying to catch up.

that said, there’s been great posts, we have some healthcare heroes in the middle of the fight, we’ve got some healthy opposing viewpoints, we’ve got info that we otherwise might not have because of the geographic and employment diversity of members....

we also have some very opinionated politicos, partisans, tinfoil hats, cultists, blowhards, etc...

In other  words...this forum resembles a Congress

• Upvote 1

I've pretty much bailed on this thread for similar reasons to keikla and the guy a few pages back. No discussion, just the same handful of people knocking back any post that doesn't fall 100% in line with their mindset about the situation. I pop in train wreck style every other day or so, and if anything it's gotten worse from when I stopped posting. Keep it classy NoDak.

This thread sure has the possibility of not aging well, that's for darn sure.

6 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I've pretty much bailed on this thread for similar reasons to keikla and the guy a few pages back. No discussion, just the same handful of people knocking back any post that doesn't fall 100% in line with their mindset about the situation. I pop in train wreck style every other day or so, and if anything it's gotten worse from when I stopped posting. Keep it classy NoDak.

Thanks for stopping by.  We are doing fine.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Thanks for stopping by.  We are doing fine.

You know you're nailing it when the person doing their best to give actual reports and unbiased discussion about the frontlines of the pandemic quits the thread over the general tone. If you're reading this thread keikla - thanks for all your work, sacrifice, and risk and best of luck to you. Looking forward to all of us getting to watch some Sioux hockey as soon as possible.

If you meant you're doing fine ganging up on anyone that doesn't agree with the "party line" and turning the thread into an example of how partisan and effed up by entertainment/political news our country has become - then yes, I would agree that you are doing just fine. Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

So brave. So stunning. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Are they lying?

OR

What are they doing differently?

They addressed it like super early, duh. Or whatever Trump didn't do is what they did... so they were right.  I think that's how it works.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

.....about a 1000+ more confirmed cases nation wide as of now than the projected death total in MN.

Serious question... how many deaths and infections need to occur before you would admit that this is a problem?  Is it 12K?  100K? 1M?  

• Upvote 1

If we eliminate social distancing and let the virus ‘run its course’, it’s imperative this country’s medical infrastructure be adequately equipped to deal with the inevitable surge of cases.  Not doing as such WILL result in an absolute shitshow that will spill into every other aspect of people’s lives. 

So here we are.  We knew this was coming, yet this nation's hospitals are woefully ill-equipped and unprepared, even for something as simple as basic testing.  And Trump is requesting all of America be open by Easter?  I understand the need to get America working again, but thank god he cannot override state and local decisions.    

Yea this is America, not Russia.  

• Upvote 2