SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, farce poobah said:

In a related story, researchers heard groups of viruses singing "Copacabana".   There's no cure for Barry Manilow.

Dammit...now I have that song stuck in my head.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Cuomo: 

At the end of the day, 40 to 80% of the population is going to be affected.

So, only question is how fast is the rate to the 40 / 80%.

Translation: You're gonna get the coronavirus. The only question is when.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Andrew Cuomo: 

Translation: You're gonna get the coronavirus. The only question is when.

I kinda just want the damn thing now... before the hospitals are maxed.  

It that or pray to hold out for better treatments... The numbers just dont add up to avoiding the thing.

The numbers....

If this virus can live for up to 17 days beyond infected people leaving it behind....People who may or may not be symptomatic.... for 35+ days, so really a period of like 50 days or more of danger for someone... who doesnt show symptoms...

It's just not humanly possible to quarantine this thing away.

Combine this with the rate of transfer this thing has attained and it's impossible. 

The absolute truth is the cycle of distancing and quarantining would need to be maintained globally for years ...would it not?

Italy isn't a mirage, with distancing the numbers are just too high of needing medical care.

The death rate is low here, well it won't be as low when the medical resources are stressed so its stupid to keep up this "its only a flu bs".  

But the world can't just shut the duck down, even more will die of homelessness, suicide, starvation, crime... its a no win.

So damn it, I dont see much more of an option than to just go full send on getting the world back to work and invest everything into a vaccine or at least some type of Tamiflu / Tamirona treatment thing.

Deal with the hand we have and put the hammer down ... 

Its all more complicated than that but..  sometimes the card in your hand suck, gotta play what we have though.

I dont know its just getting !@#!$... 2 people I know, not locally, have it, 1 is bad 1 is recovering. And I know some very close people that will be financially ruined, loseing their home and generationally crushed by the economics right now. 

And theres not a goddamn thing we can do about it. 

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

Today (Tuesday), the daily number of deaths from Coronavirus in the U.S. will top the daily number of deaths from the flu this season.

2/3rds of them will be outside of New York.

That's roughly 400 deaths today.

22 minutes ago, southpaw said:

152.5 for Flu and Pneumonia according to the CDC.

You said this flu season.

CDC estimates 22K to 59K deaths this flu season........ we'll go with the median of 41K deaths.

Average length of flu season is 13-15 weeks.....we'll go with 15 weeks or 105 days.

41000 ÷ 105 = 390 deaths per day

Now even if we take the time from this CDC estimate: October 1 thru March 14 that's still around 250 deaths per day. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Old Fella said:

Was asking if there were any takers from this message board who are advocating opening up the country,

I'm still socially interacting for work.

If there was some UND hockey games this weekend. 

I'd be there.

Did you not hear the part where they said you're more than likely going to the Corona anyways.

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

CDC estimates 22K to 59K deaths this flu season........ we'll go with the median of 41K deaths.

Average length of flu season is 13-15 weeks.....we'll go with 15 weeks or 105 days.

Now even if we take the time from this CDC estimate: October 1 thru March 14 that's still around 250 deaths per day. 

Apologies. I misquoted the information. We'll pass the average number of deaths per day during the 2017 calendar year (the last year they have specific numbers for).

43 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yet the MSM keeps trying their best to fuel the panic.  All of the media outlets should be required to have a split screen......with the reporter on one side and Oxbow on the other side just holding up signs with real facts putting this Corona stuff in perspective.  Country would be mostly back open in a week.   

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

But the flu is worse. 

Here’s an idea. Let’s quarantine all the anti vaxxers and those that want to be social butterflies together and see how this thing plays out.

Or those with pre-existing conditions can quarantine themselves.... You've already admitted you really only care about yourself and your family anyway.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Or those with pre-existing conditions can quarantine themselves.... You've already admitted you really only care about yourself and your family anyway.

Sorry bud but you don’t have a clue. I never admitted I only care about myself and my family. If you want to see those that only care about themselves check out the social butterflies allowing the virus to spread while our hospital systems are overwhelmed.

47 minutes ago, keikla said:

My intention is not to generate fear or validate the quarantines or whatever, but  that wouldn't work.  It is very clear in NY that we are not matching what happened in China. 

Within the past few days we've seen several patients, young (20-45) with zero pre-existing conditions tank very quickly, requiring intubation and blood pressure support.  Over 50% of our patients admitted for covid are under 50.  Some have pre-existing conditions but many without.

Are you trying the malaria Zpack combo?  It’s not evidence based yet, but battlefield reports by 3 different MD sources are showing success on a small scale.  

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

152.5 for Flu and Pneumonia according to the CDC.

53 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Apologies. I misquoted the information. We'll pass the average number of deaths per day during the 2017 calendar year (the last year they have specific numbers for).

“Misquoted.”  

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, keikla said:

We are on a case by case basis, though not because of the study.  Many of the patients are showing evidence of concurrent pneumonia.  We frequently use azith for community acquired pneumonia, all the moreso when there is suspicion of it being an atypical pathogen. 

Supposedly we're getting 500 tabs of hydroxychloroquine from Teva on wednesday.  Enough to treat 50 patients.  We have more than 50 covid patients admitted currently, and who knows how many to come.  So that continues to be restricted for the most severe cases.

Keep up the fight!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2