SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If being set back a month financially was going to turn u crazy....you were already crazy, weren’t you?

A lot of businesses and people aren't going to just return to normal operations after 30 days.

LA Times: Coronavirus outbreak may be over sooner than you think

But he also blames the media for causing unnecessary panic by focusing on the relentless increase in the cumulative number of cases and spotlighting celebrities who contract the virus. By contrast, the flu has sickened 36 million Americans since September and killed an estimated 22,000, according to the CDC, but those deaths are largely unreported.

He fears the public health measures that have shut down large swaths of the economy could cause their own health catastrophe, as lost jobs lead to poverty and hopelessness. Time and again, researchers have seen that suicide rates go up when the economy spirals down.

While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist,says the data simply don’t support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place.

“What we need is to control the panic,” he said. In the grand scheme, “we’re going to be fine.”

50 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

What’s the rush on the $1200 checks? Only 25% of the country has been kept home. If you are unemployed they are still taking unemployment applications. I don’t think you can really blame one side over the other here.

It’s not the checks , it’s all the BS they want to jamb thru.

i would rather wait and keep that crap out of here than give in, next again you will have abortion funding in here, this virus must be causing a lot of unwanted pregnancies

52 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Where you come up with 6-12 months? Trumps 15 day plan is almost over!

Edit...

if this goes 6 plus months I’ll share with you some of my hoarded tp supply mafia;)

AFTER 6 months?  I’ll be breaking into my neighbor’s house in about another week to get some! 

15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So what killed this man:

1) Trump? ABC News says yes.

2) The Media? They feared they might get the Corona.

3) Coronavirus? Do we list him with the others.

4) Darwinism? Yum fish tank cleaner.

I vote 4

i mean I went a similar route with Gin and tonic for a little quinine...

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

...and there goes the economy in Pick City.

Wait.... it had an economy? 

1 minute ago, shep said:

Feds will dole out some payout to Pick City.

The 100 people there will be happy,  including my future in-laws.