SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Lets get back to daily updates about whether ONE person contracted it....or not.  

Sure, and the discussion among actual medical professionals on the board was interesting as well....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

So far my favorite fake news were the posts about Putin releasing something like 500 lions in the streets of Russia to keep people in. 

I found a video with italian mayors doing PSA's with english subtitles and if the subtitles were accurate at all it was pure gold. 

"Why are you people going outside? You have nowhere to f'ing go!!!"

"I cant stop you from leaving your property? Fine. I'll just arrest you for being on public property then! Idiots.."

I heard a chinese doctor was in cahoots with Putin to spin the committes in favor of the Fighting Hawks name and the logo actually came from a secret red commie lab in Wuhan, next to the biolab, Not the same one.

Apparently the whole thing is an attempt to redirect REA hockey revenue to the soon to be announced lacrosse and rugby teams..... who are taking over the the Alerus.

After the rapture.

Might as well go with this in this thread now.

The healthcare workers opinions where interesring though.

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, the good news is, I stopped referring my illness from last week as the "Chinese Virus" and here we are on Monday morning and I'm feeling 100% better!  :lol: 

We’re glad to hear you’re better. Especially with you being just 4 years shy of elderly...  :lol:

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Alright Doug we bought some time.

Now let's start to get back to normalcy.

Start with reopening businesses but have then shut down at 10pm.

I wish we could do that, I'm afraid we are going in the other direction based on the back log of tests in ND I've heard about. 

What's strange is why haven't malls and other non essential retailers where people are gathering been shut down? Why did the shutdown apply specifically to restaurants and bars? Not really fair to them to be singled out but allow the malls to stay open.

Leaving religion and belief aside, the Old Testament is quite honestly one of the first public health and civil engineering books. It covers safe food preparation, sanitary services (latrines out of the camps and villages), and safe dealing with human remains. 

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I wish we could do that, I'm afraid we are going in the other direction based on the back log of tests in ND I've heard about. 

What's strange is why haven't malls and other non essential retailers where people are gathering been shut down? Why did the shutdown apply specifically to restaurants and bars? Not really fair to them to be singled out but allow the malls to stay open.

West Acres is closed I think.  Not sure about Bismarck

26 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

A lot of business have closed, reduced hours, or closed the lobby (banks).

It's a strange mix. No one really knows what's going on. Or if they can even be open.

But we need an end plan soon. This cant go on too much longer?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I wish the numbers could stay low, unfortunately it doesn't look like that's how this thing is going to play out.

So we have heard - hopefully those cases start skyrocketing so people can be right about destroying our economy.  

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

A lot of business have closed, reduced hours, or closed the lobby (banks).

It's a strange mix. No one really knows what's going on. Or if they can even be open.

But we need an end plan soon. This cant go on too much longer?

It is strange and it would be nice to get some clear direction from the government, either our governer or our president.

Since there are so many unknowns, at this point the only factual info we have to go off of is number of deaths that have happened in other countries. I'm afraid the only end plan ahead is to shut everything down before it's too late and this continues to spread further here. We know it's coming so why don't we pull the trigger now to get this over with sooner?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It is strange and it would be nice to get some clear direction from the government, either our governer or our president.

Since there are so many unknowns, at this point the only factual info we have to go off of is number of deaths that have happened in other countries. I'm afraid the only end plan ahead is to shut everything down before it's too late and this continues to spread further here. We know it's coming so why don't we pull the trigger now to get this over with sooner?

16400 deaths worldwide due to coronavirus to date.....fact.

67000+ deaths in the country due to drug overdose last year.......fact.

88000+ deaths in the country due to alcohol related issues last year......fact.

Do you need the seasonal flu numbers again too?

I agree that a measure of success would be outstanding.  Everyone knows that, but they can’t give that because the situation is too fluid.  

It is also so varied in the different pockets within the US, and that symptom onset is delayed from exposure.  I’m thinking we are probably 7-10 days away from getting a handle on where we sit in CA.