SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

How many deaths?

How many recoveries that we don’t even know about?

Oh, wait, I was told that despite not knowing much about the virus, we know that anyone afflicted who recovers faces a lifetime of health issues.

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

How many recoveries that we don’t even know about?

Oh, wait, I was told that despite not knowing much about the virus, we know that anyone afflicted who recovers faces a lifetime of health issues.

100% of the 50% of all infected patients that will be asymptomatic or have minimal symptoms.

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

100% of the 50% of all infected patients that will be asymptomatic or have minimal symptoms.

Well, I’ve heard enough. Time for Bergum to authorize cyanide pills for every man, woman and child in the state.  Clearly there is no way out of this.

1 hour ago, keikla said:

No one is saying that hydroxychloroquine and azith in combo, or hydroxychloroquine alone shouldn't be considered. Treatment isn't one size fits all and needs to be assessed on a case by case basis.  There are side effects of those medications, all the more so when used in combination, that could cause more harm than good in certain patients.

I'll defer to your inpatient and ICU/CCU experience. I know nothing about these two meds in combination. All meds as you know have side effects more so in patients with certain conditions. What I do know is Plaquenil has been one med that has been the standard of care in treating rheumatology patient specifically for RA and SLE. The reason it is still widely used over 70+ years......it's effective and it has minimal side effects. 200 mg BID daily can and is tolerated for years. Main issues I've seen to discontinue the med is GI issues or a rash outbreak. To contradict Dr. Drew Pinsky last night on TV it doesn't not cause corneal deposits. Slight risk taken long term greater than 12 month of retinal toxicity or called maculopathy. Z-Pak is what it is. It works. It is one of the top Rx'd antibiotics in this country.

Now if that combo is the only arrow you have in your quiver or just Plaquenil alone...........you let it fly.

5 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Wrong again.  Hannity was referring to the "new hoax" Trump described in his rally speech in South Carolina I believe it was, at the end of February.  You know, the one we've been talking about on here ad nauseum where the left spun Trump's words, and claimed he called the corona virus itself, a hoax.  

Thanks for posting; this article is yet another perfect example of the left spinning a story, and then spinning comments made about that story.  Hopefully some start to see the light; although I doubt it.     

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/20/21186727/hannity-coronavirus-coverage-fox-news

Take a look at the second video. Hannity is not talking about what Trump said.

59 minutes ago, keikla said:

No one is saying that hydroxychloroquine and azith in combo, or hydroxychloroquine alone shouldn't be considered. Treatment isn't one size fits all and needs to be assessed on a case by case basis.  There are side effects of those medications, all the more so when used in combination, that could cause more harm than good in certain patients.

I would think reasonable to try in known cases. We will have the crazy TP hoarders crawling out of their bomb shelters demanding prescriptions “just in case”. It should be saved for hospitalized patients until we gather more information. Keep us posted on your experience. 

• Like 1

There seems to be a truck driver shortage on the East Coast.  One person explained to me that Pennsylvania is the cause as many of their truck rest areas have been closed, but the shelves here locally are not being replenished.

Walmart is moving up it's closing seeming continually, as they were 24 hr stores, then closed at 11, then at 10, now it's up to 8:30.  Went there yesterday, and the store was full of restockers at 8pm.  The other major chains in the area are doing the same and the shelves still aren't full.  Corona is still rare here in E Tenn, less than ND's, but is affecting everything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jennysplitter/2020/03/18/covid-19-and-truck-driver-shortage-may-threaten-food-supply-chain/amp/

2 minutes ago, keikla said:

I would hope when we get through this, the Ohio State Board of Medical Examiners reviews the providers who did this. This is egregious. Worse than hoarding TP. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Cuomo and Trump have been in chats.

Cuomo I'm sure has been in chats with doctors who have already been treating patients with said drugs.

Must be pretty good results.

That's why Cuomo is going public now.

Cuomo/Trump 2024

:whistling:

1 hour ago, TBR said:

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/20/21186727/hannity-coronavirus-coverage-fox-news

Take a look at the second video. Hannity is not talking about what Trump said.

Yes, he is.   Trump was referring to the media hysteria over the coronavirus.  So was Hannity.  

In that clip you refer to, Hannity  starts by saying he doesn’t like the way the mainstream media is deliberately trying to scare people.   He then laid out the info available at the time  regarding the age and type of people most vulnerable to the coronavirus, and what percentage of those infected (1%)might die.  He then followed those stats with his comment about  yeah, so let’s scare the living hell out of people with this new hoax. 

The ‘hoax’ he refers to is not the virus. The ‘hoax’ is the treatment of the virus by the media because of who is in office.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

LOL.  I thought there was no basis for tromp being excited about this.  The MSM told me he's an idiot?

Well, Cuomo’s a Democrat and a much better public speaker, so now it’s hip to be optimistic about things... 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

2nd video down.....

I wish all the pundits would be quarantined with NO electronic devices including cell phones till after the pandemic is over. Sensationalism and opinion is not what we need now. The truth and calm guidance is what we need.

• Upvote 2

Here's a piece from 60 Minutes Australia that talks about the origins of corona virus:. Asian Wild animal food markets.  That practice is a direct violation of Old Testament laws and practices.

Also from Australia, is one of the best pastors IMHO.  Steve is multiethnic knows America has a key to the future.

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Yes, he is.   Trump was referring to the media hysteria over the coronavirus.  So was Hannity.  

In that clip you refer to, Hannity  starts by saying he doesn’t like the way the mainstream media is deliberately trying to scare people.   He then laid out the info available at the time  regarding the age and type of people most vulnerable to the coronavirus, and what percentage of those infected (1%)might die.  He then followed those stats with his comment about  yeah, so let’s scare the living hell out of people with this new hoax. 

The ‘hoax’ he refers to is not the virus. The ‘hoax’ is the treatment of the virus by the media because of who is in office.  

There's nothing in the Hannity segment under consideration to support your contention, as any objective observer can see. Indeed, the context of the discussion is whether the threat of the virus is exaggerated. There's zero content at all concerning whether Trump called the virus a hoax.  Hannity explicitly refers to the virus itself as a hoax.

Marc Levin has Dr. Fauci on tonight. Great interview. They should make the media jackels have to watch it and pass a test on it before they are even allowed in another press conference. Then they should hook up electricity to their chairs that would send them a jolt everytime they ask a stupid question.