SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

It’s very sad that both political party’s and the media try to turn everything into a political advantage.  Disgusting. 

I find the media to be worst of all.  They should be impartial and present just the facts.  Unfortunately a very large part have an agenda and will distort or present the facts that bolster their viewpoint and ignore everything else.  That has led to a huge polarization in this country.  

The fact that all of this is happening in an election year just magnifies the reaction.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

NY state up to 59.4% of total cases. 10K+ more than yesterday.

Breaking news out of Bismarck...

In response to seeing the numbers coming in out of New York, Governor Doug Burgum has called up the National Guard to seal off Reeder in order to safeguard the town’s residens.

15 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

CNN reports that Russia is handling the coronavirus well...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/21/europe/putin-coronavirus-russia-intl/index.html

...and we’ve officially jumped the shark.

Putin shut down the 2,600 mile border with China on January 30th.  Not long afterward, Trump wants to ban flights to the US from China.  Coincidence?  Get Stetler and Acosta on it!

THIS is CNN.  

Now that post made me laugh. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

It’s very sad that both political party’s and the media try to turn everything into a political advantage.  Disgusting. 

I find the media to be worst of all.  They should be impartial and present just the facts.  Unfortunately a very large part have an agenda and will distort or present the facts that bolster their viewpoint and ignore everything else.  That has led to a huge polarization in this country.  

The fact that all of this is happening in an election year just magnifies the reaction.  

Ironically, I find Bloomberg, of all TV news networks, to be the most palatable.  

9 minutes ago, keikla said:

Well lockdown starts tonight at 8.  Only leave the house for essential purposes, though I think people can walk outside if they stay away from other people.  No gatherings of any size allowed.

The rest of nation will be watching to see if De Blasio has a pair.

48 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Breaking news out of Bismarck...

In response to seeing the numbers coming in out of New York, Governor Doug Burgum has called up the National Guard to seal off Reeder in order to safeguard the town’s residens.

Both of them?:D

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Wrong again.  Hannity was referring to the "new hoax" Trump described in his rally speech in South Carolina I believe it was, at the end of February.  You know, the one we've been talking about on here ad nauseum where the left spun Trump's words, and claimed he called the corona virus itself, a hoax.  

Thanks for posting; this article is yet another perfect example of the left spinning a story, and then spinning comments made about that story.  Hopefully some start to see the light; although I doubt it.     

Right before, Hannity was talking about how the media is scaring people and this virus won't kill 99% of people. But those with other illnesses may be affected.

Longer clip 

https://www.mediamatters.org/sean-hannity/sean-hannity-claims-people-are-faking-concern-about-coronavirus-bludgeon-trump-new

• Upvote 1

Looks like the experts might be wrong.

"Two weeks til we are Italy"

The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus.

On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” he says. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/have-many-coronavirus-patients-died-italy/

14 minutes ago, keikla said:

Lol I generally don't consider 53 to be elderly.  There's no denying that there is anecdotal support for the med.

Going to be a run on Cream of Wheat if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:
China 81,397 3,265
Italy 59,138 5,476
USA 32,640

If you double the numbers in the USA to "become italy" you see only 800 deaths vs 5,476.

First confirmed case of wrongful fearmongering. 

YOU’RE NOT PANICKING ENOUGH, CRATTER! 

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You’re a couple of years older than me, Ox...need me to pick up an extra bag of Depends for you while I’m out?

And a Ninja Blender 

Despite the limitations of this study, in the absence of any effective treatment, in this urgent situation, this Plaquenil and Azithromycin combination therapy should be given to patients with COVID-19 as a treatment option,” Ying Zhang, a professor of microbiology at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, wrote in an email. “For now, there is no time to wait.”

41 minutes ago, Cratter said:
China 81,397 3,265
Italy 59,138 5,476
USA 32,640

If you double the numbers in the USA to "become italy" you see only 800 deaths vs 5,476.

First confirmed case of wrongful fearmongering. 

5x or 6x would be better comparison.

On 3/20/2020 at 3:50 PM, yzerman19 said:

Who is writing puts right now?  Gotta be some ridiculous premiums on all options.

On 3/20/2020 at 6:07 PM, nodak651 said:

Insurance isnt free.  But the premium from volatility will still be there come Monday.  Market is gonna open limit down on Monday.

Not looking good...

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic