SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Not to mention the World Health Organization OPPOSED the travel restrictions from china.

Bill de Blasio 2016-January 2020: “TRUMP’S A DICTATOR HELL-BENT ON RUNNING THE WHOLE COUNTRY HIMSELF!”

Same guy 15 minutes ago:  “TRUMP ISN’T DOING ENOUGH TO HELP US!  WE NEED HIM TO LOCK THE COUNTRY DOWN AND DECLARE MARTIAL LAW!”

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Hold up for a second...these moves were called xenophobic by Joe Biden, Democrats, and the news media...now you’re suggesting that it’s Trump’s fault because the “right” team would have resulted in the flights being stopped even SOONER?  

My head is literally whirling from the left wing spin cycle...

There's no way to reason with some folks.  Just remember, these are the same people who still think Trump referred to the coronavirus pandemic as a hoax.  It's hard to drive home a point with people who refuse to acknowledge the actual facts.  

Restricting travel from abroad was an appropriate move. But if there is any evidence that it would ever do anything other than temporarily delay the exponential rise in covid19 cases I have yet to see it. The issue of international travel restictions by all appearances is not much more than a side show. 

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Calling for a national lockdown.

And the army mobilized.

Where does it end?

Only 22500 more worldwide deaths to break even on the estimated of flu death this season in the US.

1 minute ago, TBR said:

Restricting travel from abroad was an appropriate move. But if there is any evidence that it would ever do anything other than temporarily delay the exponential rise in covid19 cases I have yet to see it. The issue of international travel restictions by all appearances is not much more than a side show. 

The side show is CNN having Sean Penn interviewed for his expert advice on fighting global viral pandemics.  

7 minutes ago, TBR said:

A virus doesn’t comprehend lines drawn on a map by humans.

1 hour ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I'm glad those flights were stopped. With the right pandemic response team in place, perhaps they would have even been stopped sooner? We'll never know. Red flags were going up inside our intelligence community about this virus long before there was a significant response from the executive branch conveying the seriousness of the situation.

I don't think everything Trump has done in response to the pandemic has been wrong. I disagree with a lot of it - in particular his early messaging of "it's just the flu" "15 cases, zero soon", "keep them on the boat, I like the numbers where they are". This also allowed Fox News to spread similar and dangerous messages that misinformed many of the elderly/compromised that needed to hear the truth sooner.

If he would take a back seat to medical professionals re: messaging and stay in the back room working on the stimulus package and getting ventilator/mask/Rx/etc production ramped up to "wartime" levels, I'd give him a high five when this is all done and be glad we made it through. 

The ending script that will be your Bible has already been written, with one of two outcomes.  

#1.   Through a combo of medicine and policy, the virus is contained quickly with very few lives lost.  The stories written will say Trump did everything wrong; thankfully we got lucky.

#2.   The virus persists and is tough to contain, resulting in a significant loss of life and crippling of the economy.  The stories written will say everything Trump did was wrong.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

NYC is not trending the right direction...

So as the over all total cases in NY goes from 46% and climbs higher we locked down the rest of the country with some form of Martial Law??

Slope County (ND) 800 people in 1219 square miles.

NYC 27000 per square mile.

I'll throw this out there......maybe it's partly a disease of density?

But I'm thankful Doug closed the rest area 7 miles east of Medora.

21 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

The side show is CNN having Sean Penn interviewed for his expert advice on fighting global viral pandemics.  

No. Sean Hannity called the coronavirus a hoax a short time ago. Now he is claiming he never called it a hoax. That type of reversal epitomizes side show. Those of you that parroted Fox News, which called the pandemic an attempt by the so called liberal media to impeach Trump, need to hang your heads in shame.

1 minute ago, TBR said:

No. Sean Hannity called the coronavirus a hoax a short time ago. Now he is claiming he never called it a hoax. That type of reversal epitomizes side show. Those of you that parroted Fox News, which called the pandemic an attempt by the so called liberal media to impeach Trump, need to hang your heads in shame.

Well, he's been impeached for a lot less.  I had not heard that, but it sounds like something that side would do.  

I have no idea what Sean Hannity said; I haven't caught his show for a few months.  All I know is Trump never called it a hoax.  Sadly, half the country continues to think he did thanks to the nonstop spin effort from the left.   

8 minutes ago, TBR said:

I’m sure none of the other news outlets have said anything to hang their head in shame

don lemon ring a bell

6 minutes ago, TBR said:

You forgot to mention that Hannity is trying to “shift the blame” for coronavirus onto the Chinese because he a racist!  I know it’s every liberal’s fantasy that President Sanders issues executes Order 66 and authorizes the replacement of Fox News with American Pravda, but until then, please seek some help for that Trump Derangement Syndrome.  

Russia...Ukraine...coronavirus...give it up already.  Even the tingle running up Chris Matthews’ leg is long-gone...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TBR said:

Wrong again.  Hannity was referring to the "new hoax" Trump described in his rally speech in South Carolina I believe it was, at the end of February.  You know, the one we've been talking about on here ad nauseum where the left spun Trump's words, and claimed he called the corona virus itself, a hoax.  

Thanks for posting; this article is yet another perfect example of the left spinning a story, and then spinning comments made about that story.  Hopefully some start to see the light; although I doubt it.     

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Who is the right pandemic team.

please name each one you would replace and by whom would you replace them with

I wouldn't have authorized the disbanding (or whatever we're calling it) of the pandemic response team like Trump did.

I don't have any names (obviously), but I do have a healthy respect for science and scientists so I bet I could have figured something out. OR I would have allowed some experts in the field to provide some recommendations for qualified individuals, and I would have used that guidance to make an informed decision. Of course, I'll never come within a dogleg par-5 of making these decisions so does it really matter?

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic