SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

36 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Feels hydroxychloroquine for treatment vs this virus is a version of snake oil but has no issues locking us down as a country until Labor Day so 20-30% of the country can become street entertainers or windshield washers to try to earn a buck once a deep recession or depression takes hold.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

You know this is being handled poorly when the vp is due to be tested because of exposure and standing directly next to the president and no ppe in use.

Good thing that Nancy Pelosi was safely being holed up in Darth Vader’s life support pod just in case...

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Feels hydroxychloroquine for treatment vs this virus is a version of snake oil but has no issues locking us down as a country until Labor Day so 20-30% of the country can become street entertainers or windshield washers to try to earn a buck once a deep recession or depression takes hold.

No kidding!   Ruin the country economically, no brainer.  But we can’t take the chance a 98 year old on a ventilator has an adverse reaction 

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Thankfully the FDA isn’t in charge of dry humor.  

Nah, Dr. Fauci is likely tired of Trump's petulance and the circus atmosphere.  

Most grown adults roll their eyes at things that resemble a WWE event; which is what most of what Trump touches devolves into.  His recent press conferences =  ¼ information for the public, ½ Trump ceaselessly praising himself, ¼ bickering with the media.

Then again, I can understand why his hardened-supporters would find that attractive. It’s not exactly Hulk Hogan off the top rope, but it’s the next best thing I suppose.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, UNDlaw80 said:

Nah, Dr. Fauci is likely tired of Trump's petulance and the circus atmosphere.  

Most grown adults roll their eyes at things that resembles a WWE event; which is what at most things Trump touches turns into.  His recent press conferences =  ¼ information for the public, ½ Trump ceaselessly praising himself, ¼ bickering with the media.

Then again, I can understand why his hardened-supporters would find that attractive. It’s not exactly Hulk Hogan off the top rope, but it’s the next best thing I suppose.  

Also Democrats:  “You go, Joe Biden, and tell that renegade hillbilly UAW worker that he’s full of sh*t!  THAT’S the Joe we NEED!”

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Also Democrats:  “You go, Joe Biden, and tell that renegade hillbilly UAW worker that he’s full of sh*t!  THAT’S the Joe we NEED!”

Thing is, this isn’t about the election. This is about how our president is handling the pandemic.

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That's quite the deflection, seeing as Biden's shortcomings have nothing to do with Trump's current mishandling of the situation. 

Either way, I'd hope most adults with at least an ounce of intellect (on both sides) would be displeased of such unprofessional behavior, regardless of who acts as such.     

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Thing is, this isn’t about the election. This is about how our president is handling the pandemic.

Which is why he needs a shadow president spouting off that the opposite of whatever Trump does would be the right choice?

We all know if Trump came out today and announced he was implementing the Green New Deal with the stroke of a pen via executive order, the news media would be up in arms over the tyranny of Trump and how we cannot possibly survive without fossil fuels and gas guzzling SUV’s.

Or did you not notice that the leftie loony bins suddenly could not care less about the environment as you can no longer a) use your take-home Big Gulp or Holiday plastic cup and need to get a new one for each use and b) you can’t use your own shopping bag at the grocery store and now (EGADS!) are required to use their plastic bags?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Which is why he needs a shadow president spouting off that the opposite of whatever Trump does would be the right choice?

We all know if Trump came out today and announced he was implementing the Green New Deal with the stroke of a pen via executive order, the news media would be up in arms over the tyranny of Trump and how we cannot possibly survive without fossil fuels and gas guzzling SUV’s.

Or did you not notice that the leftie loony bins suddenly could not care less about the environment as you can no longer a) use your take-home Big Gulp or Holiday plastic cup and need to get a new one for each use and b) you can’t use your own shopping bag at the grocery store and now (EGADS!) are required to use their plastic bags?

"It's the liberal media!!!", "They're politically out to get Trump!!!".  Give it a rest already man.  Getting torn to shreds by the media is part of the job. Every president had to deal with it,

Why people fail to realize Trump's thin skin isn't a huge detriment, I'll never understand.  He needs to STFU, quit complaining like a little girl every time he opens his mouth, and do his job like a man.  Spending copious amounts of his energy and time blaming the media for everything is childish and detracts from his job, especially in a time like this.....which gets to my original point of why he's turned everything into a freakin' circus.    

• Upvote 2

I have no beef with how Trump has managed this.  Is he a blowhard- yep.  But I’m not sure what actions I would’ve had him do earlier.  You didn’t want to jump to this, because you knew the fallout would be terrible.  

we don’t have people dying in the streets.  It’s being managed as best as I would hope at the time being.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4,000 cities in the world with population over 100,000.

32 of those with level 4 biolabs.

Outbreak occurred in the city with one of those labs.

That lab was also doing research on coronaviruses.

Coronaviruses transmitted through bats.

• Upvote 1

Just had a conversation with a friend who's a top level exec with Texas department of public health. I trust this guy.

"Daily increase is still at around 1.4. If the non pharmaceutical interventions in place don’t start flattening that curve next week we will have 3 million infected next month and 100,000 dead."

We need to listen to health care providers.

1 minute ago, mikejm said:

Just had a conversation with a friend who's a top level exec with Texas department of public health. I trust this guy.

We need to listen to health care providers.

100,000 USA deaths even with this shutdown by this time next month?

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

100,000 USA deaths even with this shutdown by this time next month?

Those deaths per day will have to start increasing very quickly if that’s happening. Over 3k/day instead of the actual ~300 in the past month.