SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

A local Chamber of Commerce sent out an email this afternoon complete with a link to Governor Tony Evers’ press release on Wisconsin’s first two deaths due to COVID-19.  I am sympathetic to anyone who loses a family member and not making light of this, but the immediate sense of panic that comes with press releases like this is NOT helping.  The Chamber director called the deaths “tragic,” which led me to immediately seek the ages of the now deceased.  Again, I am NOT making light of someone dying, but the 2nd “victim” of coronavirus in Wisconsin was...

...90+ years old.

5 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I'd be curious to hear to SV's answer on this.  Could see him/her name some clunkers and a tenbagger.

Skyworks Solutions (Irvine, CA), Ceragon (Israeli corp), and Aseego (San Diego) could be in both lists.  A major stock market fall again in 10 years or so.  Nvidia was the big 4G winner from San Diego and Qualcom, also San Diego, was a big winner in previous generations.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So then the prophecy that it will die out quickly is incorrect? Or are the faked recovery articles correct?

20 minutes ago, Cratter said:

They best not screw up our summer. Ain't no one gonna listen. 

If bars are still closed then, everyone will be headed out to sandbar parties.

A city of 8.5M shelter in place til mid June??? 

I'll put the odds of that at 5% and all my chips are on the under.

55 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

115 per MN DoH. Rate of positives per test has not yet been over 3% daily. Yesterday was the biggest jump with 26, but over 800 tests done. The number will continue to grow, but so far, they have been growing relatively slowly (known cases).

and most of those cases were from the backlogs they were freezing.

I think I saw from the Mayo private testing that they had 16 out of 400 tests. 

This is the actual ND DOT statement:

It has been indicated that transmission of the COVID-19 virus could infect people in “high touch” areas such as those found at public facilities like rest areas. 

Meanwhile in New York City you can still ride the subway.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

So then the prophecy that it will die out quickly is incorrect? Or are the faked recovery articles correct?

They both can true.  I believe the Lord God wants miracles to announce his precense in the world and  in believing people.  People were called to pray and obey Him since the beginning.

This is the last days (maybe a decade or more).  Suddenly all the human kings are "dead", as Hollywood, music stars, sports stars, our idols, are all shut up very suddenly.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

They both can true.  I believe the Lord God wants miracles to announce his precense in the world and  in believing people.  People were called to pray and obey Him since the beginning.

This is the last days (maybe a decade or more).  Suddenly all the human kings are "dead", as Hollywood, music stars, sports stars, our idols, are all shut up very suddenly.

Worry is such a wasted emotion. When people are freaking out over every little thing like toilet paper it just makes you wonder what this country would look like if the pioneers would have had the same lack of resolve.  We will have a few uncomfortable months, while that was a daily grind for them.  Relax people.  Philippians 4:6.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Talking heads say Washington's states curve is already starting to flatten.

But just like elections probably "too early to call."

A lot of states will see their confirmed infected numbers level off as they run out of tests ???

The Chinese communists are comparable to the Nazi's historically.  There has been reports that minority people are executed to get their vital organs to sell for transplants.  Much of Xinjiang is in reeducation camps and if they don't show progress, their organs get sold.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/china-harvesting-organs-of-uighur-muslims-china-tribunal-tells-un-2019-9%3famp

Dont believe anything they say.

15 minutes ago, keikla said:

Shutting down the subway would have huge ramifications for healthcare workers being able to get to work.  I wouldn't be surprised if schedules change after the lockdown goes into effect, but they can't shut it down entirely.

Besides, the concept of catching some disease on a NYC subway is not anything new...

But did they close down the Subway bathrooms?

• Upvote 1