SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Family friend just confirmed in Burleigh.  Mid 70 male. This Tuesday spiked a high fever with a moderate headache. Went to clinic Tuesday. Confirmed today. Fever almost gone as of today with no other issues. Almost feeling back to normal.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Family friend just confirmed in Burleigh.  Mid 70 male. This Tuesday spiked a high fever with a moderate headache. Went to clinic Tuesday. Confirmed today. Fever almost gone as of today with no other issues. Almost feeling back to normal.

Community spread or travel? 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Community spread or travel? 

Community.

I think we all need to realize this virus has probably been everywhere in this country for months and we are chasing a ghost right now.

Fauci is part of the issue with his pooh poohing of the use of Plaquenil in this arena.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Community.

I think we all needs to realize this virus has probably been everywhere in this country for months and we are chasing a ghost right now.

Fauci is part of the issue with his pooh poohing of the use of Plaquenil in this arena.

Agree- why not put everyone on it right now??

31 minutes ago, keikla said:

Let's assume we have 12 million tabs of hydroxychloroquine... 2M from Bayer, 6M from Teva, additional 4M already distributed.  I admit I have no idea how many tabs are actually in circulation at distributors and hospitals.

12 tabs per patient for treatment dosing means 1M patients who can get treated with that supply.

Assume 40% infection nationwide cause estimates range from 20-60%.  I don't think it's a huge overestimate that 3% of that 40% requires ICU level care.  That's just under 3M people needing ICU level care.

So with rough math, we have enough hydroxychloroquine to treat a third of the patients requiring ICU level care, without using any supply for med surg or outpatient.

Maybe adding in chloroquine numbers greatly modifies this outlook, but it looks like there needs to be some restrictions.

It is my understanding that there is vastly more available than what we just received.    It is a pretty simple molecule too, so could be easily and quickly mass produced.  I don’t think we are in a shortage scenario.

55 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I think we all needs to realize this virus has probably been everywhere in this country for months and we are chasing a ghost right now.

100% agree.  Everyone seems to know several people who were "more sick than they have ever been" or tested negative for strep, flu, etc.

I had a tenant go to Disney World last month.  All the kids and grand kids got very sick and spent the whole vacation in the hotel.

All of the cases and deaths this winter would just be filed as influenza, pneumonia, etc.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, keikla said:

I don't know what's happening on the outpatient side, but things are currently being rationed for our ability to order. 

If the distributors are going to ration, we're petitioning that they ration based on the prevalence of covid patients per hospital, not based on previous order history.

Obviously there's a new worldwide demand for the med and there will not be enough of it for a very long time I'd assume?

What are the chances the chinese know of another treatment but don't want to share and kill the supply?

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Dow at lowest since 11/30/16.

Worst week of losses since 2008.

I was unable to hedge my long positions towards the end of the day due to daytrading rules.  Absolutely ridiculous.    Thank you govt for protecting me!!!!!  Heaven forbid I buy put options or inverse etf's to protect me over the weekend.

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I was unable to hedge my long positions towards the end of the day due to daytrading rules.  Absolutely ridiculous.    Thank you govt for protecting me!!!!!  Heaven forbid I buy put options or inverse etf's to protect me over the weekend.

Who is writing puts right now?  Gotta be some ridiculous premiums on all options.

42 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Obviously there's a new worldwide demand for the med and there will not be enough of it for a very long time I'd assume?

What are the chances the chinese know of another treatment but don't want to share and kill the supply?

I doubt that...I mean they've been so forthcoming on this issue from the start.;)

8 minutes ago, keikla said:

You make me want to have hope.  And I want more than anything for you to be right.

We currently have enough to treat seven patients.  Seven.  With a total inability to order more.  Until I see that change, it sounds too good to be true.

And now I’m hearing of shortages and runs on the med...changed in 24 hours in CA

but...supposedly there’s a vast military stockpile that can be released

44 minutes ago, keikla said:

I'm not really one for the conspiracy theories.  Most of what we do know is from the Chinese.  The top medical experts from Wuhan just flew to Italy to help there.  Maybe I'm naive, but I'd like to think (despite their initial attempts to keep the extent of the issue under wraps) that they aren't keeping secrets on treatment.

File that under, “protecting our investments.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3002986/china-wants-invest-ports-maritime-transport-italy-xi-jinping

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Why don't MN and ND just combine state governments right now? We'd all save money and resources. Walz mandates something.....2-3 days later Dougie does the same. Just a domino effect. 

Some people are leaders others are followers.