SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

5 days? WTF is going to change in 5 days.

So Doug says the cut of for a mass gathering is 50 people.

I'm getting motion sickness from the sign lady...

Does Doug not realize he'll follow the domino effect and he'll be shuttering everything by Thursday.

CDC recommends shutting down all 50 plus gatherings

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

5 days? WTF is going to change in 5 days.

So Doug says the cut of for a mass gathering is 50 people.

I'm getting motion sickness from the sign lady...

Does Doug not realize he'll follow the domino effect and he'll be shuttering everything by Thursday.

According to the Washington Post, the CDC says there was no evidence that countries that closed schools decreased spread of the virus anymore than those that didn’t. They did comment that closing may allow for cleaning and sanitizing which may help in select areas.

Therefore, those that question closing schools especially in areas where there has been few cases have some points. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, shep said:

CDC recommends shutting down all 50 plus gatherings

Correct but also said no evidence that closing schools in other countries have made a difference. That makes it tough on the decision makers. 

2 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

According to the Washington Post, the CDC says there was no evidence that countries that closed schools decreased spread of the virus anymore than those that didn’t. They did comment that closing may allow for cleaning and sanitizing which may help in select areas.

Therefore, those that question closing schools especially in areas where there has been few cases have some points. 

It's far better to be overly cautious in these times. Shutting down schools for a week or even a month could save numerous lives and stop the spread of the virus.

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

Correct but also said no evidence that closing schools in other countries have made a difference. That makes it tough on the decision makers. 

We know social distancing is the best way to flatten the peak of this. I understand the effects this has on parents who won't have daycare, but the entire society needs to take a break from each other for awhile anyway.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

117K kids in K-12 in ND.......close it up.

44k kids in daycare facilities.....ok to stay open.

Makes sense..........

What Gong Show

If we want to avoid what's happening in Italy, we actually have to do what's happening in Italy.

2 weeks of effective personal isolation. Go to the pharmacy for pills; let the elderly get their grocery early in the day before others get to the stores and that's it.

17 minutes ago, shep said:

We know social distancing is the best way to flatten the peak of this. I understand the effects this has on parents who won't have daycare, but the entire society needs to take a break from each other for awhile anyway.

11 minutes ago, shep said:

If we want to avoid what's happening in Italy, we actually have to do what's happening in Italy.

2 weeks of effective personal isolation. Go to the pharmacy for pills; let the elderly get their grocery early in the day before others get to the stores and that's it.

Well, no problem.  I’ll just grab some Monopoly money and head out to the grocery store to stock up on a few things, then I’m all set!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, shep said:

It's far better to be overly cautious in these times. Shutting down schools for a week or even a month could save numerous lives and stop the spread of the virus.

I’m not disagreeing,  but thus far, the evidence doesn’t support that assumption.  In my world we try and base life and death decisions based on evidence. I realize it may be too early to rely on the evidence thus far but these are the hard decisions we have to make in health care, as leaders and in society. 

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

I’m not disagreeing,  but thus far, the evidence doesn’t support that assumption.  In my world we try and base life and death decisions based on evidence. I realize it may be too early to rely on the evidence thus far but these are the hard decisions we have to make in health care, as leaders and in society. 

Look at the graph of cases in Italy and you'll see the US is trending almost the same if not worse than there. They are in a societal lockdown. People staying only in their homes. Rome is a ghost town. 

30 minutes ago, shep said:

We need to do what has worked well elsewhere. Italy is a SH..show. 

• Upvote 1