Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

5G Corona (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

Postpone makes perfect sense rather than cancel like they did. Postpone it for a month or so and see where we’re at. If we’re still knee deep in corona hysteria, then cancel. If not, get those tourneys rolling at campus venues or wherever. To just not have a champion after 9/10 of the season is played out is crazy.

I liked the idea of declaring UND the national champions based on the pairwise ratings.  Let Denver and Duluth have their pitty party  and hissy fit.  We earned this title fair and square on paper just like how many college football national champions for many years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I liked the idea of declaring UND the national champions based on the pairwise ratings.  Let Denver and Duluth have their pitty party  and hissy fit.  We earned this title fair and square on paper just like how many college football national champions for many years.

Can not see anyone going to get the hardware.
Everyone but UND would be against it, because they are not #1 at season's end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding the ER, or otherwise taking up the health systems time and resources you are an a$$hole and part of the problem.  Stay home, self quarantine, ride the illness out.  If things start getting worse for you then seek help, otherwise use some common sense and don't be a strain on the system.

Oh, and the media lies, they are a bunch of liars that push their narrative and it has been that way for a couple decades now.  The Trump administration, they lie too.  So did the Obama administration, do did the Bush administration, so did the Clinton administration, etc., etc.  It's all a game of gotcha and spin, and that folks is the F'ing problem, we can't believe any of them.

 

Rant over.

Rather than testing the elderly and people with chronic conditions, I’m interested in testing the people who have some symptoms but are not all that sick. This would help us know the extent to which it may be spread by people who feel good enough to leave the house, as well as help guide which hospitalized patients should be maintained in special isolation. 
My local health department has said to test patients with symptoms who have risk by contact with known cases or by travel, or patients with severe illness even in the absence of other risk factors. Makes no sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring sport athletes have not completed 30% of a season (redshirt rule) so the year should not count against them. 

However, winter sports have, and that year of eligibility should count (no matter how much I’d like to see Cole Smith flying around some more). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Carlson is a Sanford and NDSU infectious disease doctor. 

The last sentence is interesting considering this virus was labeled one of "rapid spread" and "highly contagious". 

The 1-2% transmission rate for non-household cases is telling too. Means it's quite safe to leave your basement.

 

Screenshot_20200313-213102.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Governor of North Dakota implying if they shut the schools down it would be based on fears and not facts.

Yet they cancel North Dakota High School Basketball Tournament.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Governor of North Dakota implying if they shut the schools down it would be based on fears and not facts.

Yet they cancel North Dakota High School Basketball Tournament.

 

Two different entities making the decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Two different entities making the decision. 

Can I infer if Bergum was running the NDHSAA they'd still be playing basketball?

Because 6,000+ high school kids gather at a handful of locations in Fargo everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Can I infer if Bergum was running the NDHSAA they'd still be playing basketball?

Because 6,000+ high school kids gather at a few locations in Fargo everyday.

Man, I don't know. Haven't had a conversation with him. All I know is people are losing their minds. Walmart is completely out of toilet paper, and adults are buying baby wipes. I swear to god, as a father with 2 in diapers yet, if they don't get wipes in soon, I'm going to bust caps in people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sioux90 said:

Give Michaud and Smith one more year!!!

Ummm Poolman!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Ummm Poolman!

I'd say yes if it wasn't for all of the talented D men trying to come in over the next few years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.voltairenet.org/article209437.html

30,000 soldiers arrive in Europe without masks

by Manlio Dinucci
 
"..
"The 30,000 US soldiers, who will « deploy throughout the European region », are thus exempt from the preventative standards set up to deal with the coronavirus crisis which, on the other hand, do apply to civilians..."
 
This gets more & more comical. Much of Italy is going under lockdown, with the rest of Europe following suit, but I guess US troops are immune from this growing pandemic. Lol. These US troops will also be interacting with the local populations of the various European countries to one degree or another. 
 
Good excuse if the economy crashes; can blame it on this supermcduper virus & not mismanagement. Also makes people forget other relevant news, like the rampant pedophilia in the upper echelons of power, & other important topics. A red herring of epic proportions. Welcome to The Hunger Games. 
 
Hey, folks, the Truth wants to be recognized & accepted. 
 
 
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, .357 said:

https://www.voltairenet.org/article209437.html

30,000 soldiers arrive in Europe without masks

by Manlio Dinucci
 
"..
"The 30,000 US soldiers, who will « deploy throughout the European region », are thus exempt from the preventative standards set up to deal with the coronavirus crisis which, on the other hand, do apply to civilians..."
 
This gets more & more comical. Much of Italy is going under lockdown, with the rest of Europe following suit, but I guess US troops are immune from this growing pandemic. Lol. These US troops will also be interacting with the local populations of the various European countries to one degree or another. 
 
Good excuse if the economy crashes; can blame it on this supermcduper virus & not mismanagement. Also makes people forget other relevant news, like the rampant pedophilia in the upper echelons of power, & other important topics. A red herring of epic proportions. Welcome to The Hunger Games. 
 
Hey, folks, the Truth wants to be recognized & accepted. 
 
 

Take a supermcduper chill pill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Take a supermcduper chill 

So 30,000 troops are immune from this pandemic? Personal attacks don't win arguments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Dr. Carlson is a Sanford and NDSU infectious disease doctor. 

The last sentence is interesting considering this virus was labeled one of "rapid spread" and "highly contagious". 

The 1-2% transmission rate for non-household cases is telling too. Means it's quite safe to leave your basement.

 

Screenshot_20200313-213102.png

Amazing that if you remove one of the countries with the worst transmission rate, the average goes down.

Italy? We can't base it off them! Let's just pick China and South Korea, two countries that have had a significantly harsher and quicker response to the outbreak than America.

The medium article posted before does a great job of showing the transmission rates throughout the world. Guess whose rate America matches the most? Italy.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Governor of North Dakota implying if they shut the schools down it would be based on fears and not facts.

Yet they cancel North Dakota High School Basketball Tournament.

 

Thankfully Baesler isn’t locked up so she was able to assist in this decision and fact finding efforts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, southpaw said:

Amazing that if you remove one of the countries with the worst transmission rate, the average goes down.

Italy? We can't base it off them! Let's just pick China and South Korea, two countries that have had a significantly harsher and quicker response to the outbreak than America.

The medium article posted before does a great job of showing the transmission rates throughout the world. Guess whose rate America matches the most? Italy.

So stay curled up in the fetal position in your basement if you need to...and our "medical" expertise on this issue compared to Dr. Carlson is that you beat your wife in a game of "Operation" last night? 

Clarify...is that great medium article and its statistical hypotheticals "facts", "truths" or both? 

Outliers statically are just that outliers. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but it's like Sesamee Street.......one of these things in not like the others.

Let's do this, even though I'm wrong as is Dr. Carlson......let's take his worst suspected transmission rate across the board at 7%. Then I'll play the game of "this is 10x deadlier than the flu". So 1% mortality of all the 7% that get infected and we know that number is not close to that high and still dropping.

Here's what you get potentially from this outbreak:

330M in US population

23.1M infected

231K deaths

The CDC just posted these numbers for this flu season thru March 7 and I picked their low end range to soften the blow...

36M infected

22K deaths

We can argue about the mortality rate of corona but numbers appear most likely to be around 1/2% in the end if not lower but still higher than the flu. More severe than the flu....but less contagious as was in my original post from Dr. Carlson. As of yesterday 4 pm the CDC reported 41 deaths from the corona outbreak in this country with a first reported case almost 8 weeks ago. An average seasonal flu season is 13-15 weeks.

What if....just what if Dr. Carlson is remotely close to what he thinks of the virus from a contagious standpoint and it comes to fruition? This country will have been ravaged from a normalcy standpoint and our society flipped upside down because basically we are in the midst of a 2nd bad "flu" season. Let that sink in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Governor of North Dakota implying if they shut the schools down it would be based on fears and not facts.

Yet they cancel North Dakota High School Basketball Tournament.

 

Where's Sherm Sylling when you need him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So stay curled up in the fetal position in you basement...and our "medical" expertise on this issue compared to Dr. Carlson is you beat your wife in a game of "Operation" last night? 

Clarify...is that great medium article you cite "facts", "truths" or both? 

Outliers statically are just that outliers. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but it's like Sesamee Street.......one of these things in not like the others.

Let's do this, even though I'm wrong as is Dr. Carlson......let's take his worst suspected transmission rate across the board at 7%. Then I'll play the game of "this is 10x deadlier than the flu". So 1% mortality of all the 7% that get infected and we know that number is high and dropping.

Here's what you get potentially from this outbreak:

330M in US population

23.1M infected

231K deaths 

The CDC just posted these numbers for this flu season thru March 7 and I picked their low end range to soften the blow...

36M infected

22K deaths

We can argue about the mortality rate of corona but numbers appear most likely to be around 1/2% in the end if not lower but still higher than the flu. More severe than the flu....but less contagious as was in my original post from Dr. Carlson. As of yesterday 4 pm the CDC reported 41 deaths from the corona outbreak in this country with a first reported case almost 8 weeks ago. An average seasonal flu season is 13-15 weeks.

What if....just what if Dr. Carlson is remotely close to what he thinks of the virus from a contagious standpoint? This country will have been ravaged from a normalcy standpoint and our society flipped upside down because basically we are in the midst of a 2nd bad "flu" season. Let that sink in.

What if... just what if Dr. Carlson based his data on the experience in China and South Korea, where containment measure were rapidly put into place and more widespread testing was available? Some people may have called those containment measures “panicking” at that time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...