SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Governor of North Dakota implying if they shut the schools down it would be based on fears and not facts.

Yet they cancel North Dakota High School Basketball Tournament.

Two different entities making the decision. 

7 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Two different entities making the decision. 

Can I infer if Bergum was running the NDHSAA they'd still be playing basketball?

Because 6,000+ high school kids gather at a handful of locations in Fargo everyday.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Can I infer if Bergum was running the NDHSAA they'd still be playing basketball?

Because 6,000+ high school kids gather at a few locations in Fargo everyday.

Man, I don't know. Haven't had a conversation with him. All I know is people are losing their minds. Walmart is completely out of toilet paper, and adults are buying baby wipes. I swear to god, as a father with 2 in diapers yet, if they don't get wipes in soon, I'm going to bust caps in people. 

https://www.voltairenet.org/article209437.html

30,000 soldiers arrive in Europe without masks

by Manlio Dinucci

"..
"The 30,000 US soldiers, who will « deploy throughout the European region », are thus exempt from the preventative standards set up to deal with the coronavirus crisis which, on the other hand, do apply to civilians..."

This gets more & more comical. Much of Italy is going under lockdown, with the rest of Europe following suit, but I guess US troops are immune from this growing pandemic. Lol. These US troops will also be interacting with the local populations of the various European countries to one degree or another. 

Good excuse if the economy crashes; can blame it on this supermcduper virus & not mismanagement. Also makes people forget other relevant news, like the rampant pedophilia in the upper echelons of power, & other important topics. A red herring of epic proportions. Welcome to The Hunger Games. 

Hey, folks, the Truth wants to be recognized & accepted. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, .357 said:

https://www.voltairenet.org/article209437.html

30,000 soldiers arrive in Europe without masks

by Manlio Dinucci

"..
"The 30,000 US soldiers, who will « deploy throughout the European region », are thus exempt from the preventative standards set up to deal with the coronavirus crisis which, on the other hand, do apply to civilians..."

This gets more & more comical. Much of Italy is going under lockdown, with the rest of Europe following suit, but I guess US troops are immune from this growing pandemic. Lol. These US troops will also be interacting with the local populations of the various European countries to one degree or another. 

Good excuse if the economy crashes; can blame it on this supermcduper virus & not mismanagement. Also makes people forget other relevant news, like the rampant pedophilia in the upper echelons of power, & other important topics. A red herring of epic proportions. Welcome to The Hunger Games. 

Hey, folks, the Truth wants to be recognized & accepted. 

Take a supermcduper chill pill

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Dr. Carlson is a Sanford and NDSU infectious disease doctor. 

The last sentence is interesting considering this virus was labeled one of "rapid spread" and "highly contagious". 

The 1-2% transmission rate for non-household cases is telling too. Means it's quite safe to leave your basement.

Screenshot_20200313-213102.png

Amazing that if you remove one of the countries with the worst transmission rate, the average goes down.

Italy? We can't base it off them! Let's just pick China and South Korea, two countries that have had a significantly harsher and quicker response to the outbreak than America.

The medium article posted before does a great job of showing the transmission rates throughout the world. Guess whose rate America matches the most? Italy.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Governor of North Dakota implying if they shut the schools down it would be based on fears and not facts.

Thankfully Baesler isn’t locked up so she was able to assist in this decision and fact finding efforts!

6 hours ago, southpaw said:

Amazing that if you remove one of the countries with the worst transmission rate, the average goes down.

Italy? We can't base it off them! Let's just pick China and South Korea, two countries that have had a significantly harsher and quicker response to the outbreak than America.

The medium article posted before does a great job of showing the transmission rates throughout the world. Guess whose rate America matches the most? Italy.

So stay curled up in the fetal position in your basement if you need to...and our "medical" expertise on this issue compared to Dr. Carlson is that you beat your wife in a game of "Operation" last night? 

Clarify...is that great medium article and its statistical hypotheticals "facts", "truths" or both? 

Outliers statically are just that outliers. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but it's like Sesamee Street.......one of these things in not like the others.

Let's do this, even though I'm wrong as is Dr. Carlson......let's take his worst suspected transmission rate across the board at 7%. Then I'll play the game of "this is 10x deadlier than the flu". So 1% mortality of all the 7% that get infected and we know that number is not close to that high and still dropping.

Here's what you get potentially from this outbreak:

330M in US population

23.1M infected

231K deaths

The CDC just posted these numbers for this flu season thru March 7 and I picked their low end range to soften the blow...

36M infected

22K deaths

We can argue about the mortality rate of corona but numbers appear most likely to be around 1/2% in the end if not lower but still higher than the flu. More severe than the flu....but less contagious as was in my original post from Dr. Carlson. As of yesterday 4 pm the CDC reported 41 deaths from the corona outbreak in this country with a first reported case almost 8 weeks ago. An average seasonal flu season is 13-15 weeks.

What if....just what if Dr. Carlson is remotely close to what he thinks of the virus from a contagious standpoint and it comes to fruition? This country will have been ravaged from a normalcy standpoint and our society flipped upside down because basically we are in the midst of a 2nd bad "flu" season. Let that sink in.

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

Where's Sherm Sylling when you need him?

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So stay curled up in the fetal position in you basement...and our "medical" expertise on this issue compared to Dr. Carlson is you beat your wife in a game of "Operation" last night? 

Clarify...is that great medium article you cite "facts", "truths" or both? 

Outliers statically are just that outliers. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but it's like Sesamee Street.......one of these things in not like the others.

Let's do this, even though I'm wrong as is Dr. Carlson......let's take his worst suspected transmission rate across the board at 7%. Then I'll play the game of "this is 10x deadlier than the flu". So 1% mortality of all the 7% that get infected and we know that number is high and dropping.

Here's what you get potentially from this outbreak:

330M in US population

23.1M infected

231K deaths 

The CDC just posted these numbers for this flu season thru March 7 and I picked their low end range to soften the blow...

36M infected

22K deaths

We can argue about the mortality rate of corona but numbers appear most likely to be around 1/2% in the end if not lower but still higher than the flu. More severe than the flu....but less contagious as was in my original post from Dr. Carlson. As of yesterday 4 pm the CDC reported 41 deaths from the corona outbreak in this country with a first reported case almost 8 weeks ago. An average seasonal flu season is 13-15 weeks.

What if....just what if Dr. Carlson is remotely close to what he thinks of the virus from a contagious standpoint? This country will have been ravaged from a normalcy standpoint and our society flipped upside down because basically we are in the midst of a 2nd bad "flu" season. Let that sink in.

What if... just what if Dr. Carlson based his data on the experience in China and South Korea, where containment measure were rapidly put into place and more widespread testing was available? Some people may have called those containment measures “panicking” at that time. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

What if... just what if Dr. Carlson based his data on the experience in China and South Korea, where containment measure were rapidly put into place and more widespread testing was available? Some people may have called those containment measures “panicking” at that time. 

Our containment measures here started when? We are 8 weeks into this....41 CDC reported deaths. They death total will inevitably go up but some here make it sound like dead bodies will be falling from the sky soon.

As far as panic........some civil unrest took place at a Costco in NY and a Sam's Club in GA yesterday. Someone was stabbed at the Sam's Club.........over bottled water. Bottled water!

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Our containment measures here started when? We are 8 weeks into this....41 CDC reported deaths. They death total will inevitably go up but some here make it sound like dead bodies will be falling from the sky soon.

As far as panic........some civil unrest took place at a Costco in NY and a Sam's Club in GA yesterday. Someone was stabbed at the Sam's Club.........over bottled water. Bottled water!

Problem is drastic measures were not immediately taken in those countries. Our government had a chance to learn what was going on in countries it had previously hit and we ignored those warnings. Our own president said that 15 cases would turn to zero about a week ago. And now the world is dealing with a pandemic, the US is under a federal emergency, and almost everything is shut down. And we have our governer still going with facts over fear statements. 

People are freaking out because our government has failed us and we cannot trust them.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Problem is drastic measures were not immediately taken in those countries. Our government had a chance to learn what was going on in countries it had previously hit and we ignored those warnings. Our own president said that 15 cases would turn to zero about a week ago. And now the world is dealing with a pandemic, the US is under a federal emergency, and almost everything is shut down. And we have our governer still going with facts over fear statements. 

People are freaking out because our government has failed us and we cannot trust them.

Take your TDS pills.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

So stay curled up in the fetal position in your basement if you need to...and our "medical" expertise on this issue compared to Dr. Carlson is that you beat your wife in a game of "Operation" last night? 

Clarify...is that great medium article and its statistical hypotheticals "facts", "truths" or both? 

As of yesterday 4 pm the CDC reported 41 deaths from the corona outbreak in this country with a first reported case almost 8 weeks ago. An average seasonal flu season is 13-15 weeks.

I have no medical expertise but I defer to experts who look at all data instead of discarding unpleasant data. Excuse me if I don't have a lot of faith in governmental research in the US right now. 

If you're going to call Italy an outlier, then so is South Korea, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. 

The second death in the US was on March 1st. There have been 40 more in the last 13 days. Definitely not scary numbers right now.

But considering the average death comes 17 days after symptoms, and the spread is uncontained in the US right now and the numbers will undoubtedly rise. 

Not to mention keeping someone in the hospital for 17 days til they die is going to shut down our hospital system. You're going to see more and more deaths because people can't get the care they need, whether from Covid 19 or something else. 

Even the number of deaths from the regular flu is going to spike this year due to lack of facilities.