SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

5G Corona (Enter at your own risk)

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Remainder of all ND HS activities for school year suspended. 

Suspended instead of cancelled.  Take notes, NCAA.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Suspended instead of cancelled.  Take notes, NCAA.

Code for cancelled

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Code for cancelled

Yeah, but it leaves a little wiggle room just in case.

10 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

So the stock market...

Made some purchases first thing this morning!

• Upvote 1

Too much volatility...can’t time the markets, but today was an excellent opportunity to recover and reposition.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Spring sports, makes sense. Don’t know how it’d work for winter sports when essentially almost the entire season had been played. Granted, they are missing out on the tournament which is pretty damn big part to miss out on due to outside impact.

I know the logistics of it wouldn’t be easy but it would’ve been better if the NCAA postponed the tournament indefinitely to leave some wiggle room as well as hope. Perfect opportunity to try campus hosted regionals again? Maybe instead of 4 regionals, do a East and West super regionals?

As long as the NHL and all other hockey leagues are suspended, the players have no where to leave for.

Terrible idea by the NCAA to give a redo year for winter sports.  Think about hockey for a second, how many times do we hear about players getting delayed entry to college and sent back to Juniors?  Now multiple that by the hundreds.  How about all those players who are aging out this season who now all of the sudden do not have a spot on the team because seniors get another year of eligibility.  Now think about the ripple effects of this going back 4 years worth of recruiting classes.  Talk about kids now in high school getting f--ked out of a chance to play college hockey because there are players several years older than them still in college using up that last year of eligibility.  All this for players who have already completed 95+% of the season.  Hell, many teams seasons were effectively over as they had already been eliminated from conference tournaments and had no chance at the NCAAs.

Just one incredibly stupid idea after another being made in this world lately.  The whole world has gone insane.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, green_sioux said:

"deliberate misleading statements".????   that's beyond dumb.   enjoy the cult.

Yes.  Like the one posted here from an MSNBC link, claiming Trump called the corona virus a hoax.  Which is why I replied in the first place. 

enjoy your kool aid.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I just don't see how the NCAA will give another year to winter sport athletes. 

They completed 95% of their season - I agree.

• Upvote 1

I think they are just saying this to make them feel better about the situation before finally saying no can do.

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

Apparently you have forgotten about the 3 years of the Russian hoax that cnn & msnbc built their ratings on.  Now it's this.

Yes, mass graves in Iran are fake bro.

20 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Terrible idea by the NCAA to give a redo year for winter sports.  Think about hockey for a second, how many times do we hear about players getting delayed entry to college and sent back to Juniors?  Now multiple that by the hundreds.  How about all those players who are aging out this season who now all of the sudden do not have a spot on the team because seniors get another year of eligibility.  Now think about the ripple effects of this going back 4 years worth of recruiting classes.  Talk about kids now in high school getting f--ked out of a chance to play college hockey because there are players several years older than them still in college using up that last year of eligibility.  All this for players who have already completed 95+% of the season.  Hell, many teams seasons were effectively over as they had already been eliminated from conference tournaments and had no chance at the NCAAs.

Just one incredibly stupid idea after another being made in this world lately.  The whole world has gone insane.

Big time log jam.

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Thank you.  Some people here prefer "truth over facts."   I prefer both.  

Unfortunately Siouxphan, i have enjoyed so many of your messages/your half truths are full lies,

5 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Unfortunately Siouxphan, i have enjoyed so many of your messages/your half truths are full lies,

What?

6 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Are you Joe Biden?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Big time log jam.

...and it would be awkward for teams to make the decision if they would want some of the seniors for another year instead of deferring, and possibly losing, incoming players. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

LOL

I admire your wit.

Please do not insule your intelligence.

Now i will exit stage left and leave the last word to you.

Over/under CFB start on time?  

Just to be clear "this is all a media hoax to "get Trump" and he's done an excellent job preparing for this and managing it." 

On 3/12/2020 at 6:34 PM, Old Fella said:

Is it true that someone in the admnistration had to talk the president out of asking for more money for his wall/He thought the CORONA virus came from Mexico.

What part of "No Politics" did you not see? 

The Moderation Team