SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

54 minutes ago, southpaw said:

That guy is lucky to still be in the game. The ones who aren't can't write articles and aren't just 60+ year olds or those with immune issues. 

It's not the flu.

What is that number if I can ask? The "unlucky" ones?

You're right it's not the flu.........tens of thousands have died this flu season already.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Letting individuals decide what's best for them and not forcing it upon others.

You mean to tell me high risk individuals have the option not to go to hockey games?

What a crazy concept!

Or bingo.

If you don’t feel well, stay home, rest, hydrate heavily, take something OTC to manage symptoms. If that ain’t cutting it in 24-36 hours get to a professional.

Grandma taught me that decades ago. It still holds today. 

There was a manager who put together his annual budget, with reductions in one if his departments, as he thought that department was inefficient and did same of the same work as another department. He forwarded his budget to the people who reviewed the budget and funded the departments. They disagreed with his assessment and funded how they thought best. 

The budget was not cut, nor were the inefficiencies corrected. Am I close?

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

While I personally am more worried about other deadly situations despite the fact that so far four people in my office building have tested positive, I understand that city and hospital officials are more concerned. 

There is no vaccine, it spreads as fast as, if not faster, than the flu, the known death rate is higher than the flu, and hospitals can't handle a massive number of cases regardless of the illness.

There's a reason events here in Europe are being canceled: the hospitals are full. I can understand why cities could be asking for these events to be canceled. If 1% of a regional gets sick, you're looking at maybe 80 people.  If 1% of Detroit gets sick, there's a major problem.

Not to mention that this lasts a lot longer than the flu so those hospital beds don't turn over as fast.  

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Again........as of today in the US you have a much greater chance of getting influenza than coronavirus......and dying from it. 

More kids went to/or missed school in the FM area this past week with the flu or some other URI condition than there are total coronavirus cases in the US.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gma loves hockey said:

If they develop a coronavirus flu shot, maybe all this hype will convince people to take the shot. (edit)

Maybe that's the purpose, tv-induced fear is a powerful motivator & will make people do things they normally wouldn't do. This "outbreak" is more rampant in people's hysterical minds than in the streets or their bloodstreams; with infection rates near or at zero in households with no tv.

Corporate news is almost entirely agenda-driven & is the antithesis of actual Truth. If people can't see that, or don't want to see it, then they've been successfully conditioned to love, obey & never question the state's edicts.

Rod Serling would have a field day with this, was a master at portraying how fear, hysteria & other base emotions can be used to manipulate & control the fragile human psyche, as well as entire societies. 

I have a better chance of passing away from a boring conversation at work, or being t-boned by a psychotic driver here in Phoenix, than contracting the coronavirus.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic