Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

5G Corona (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their true agenda is. 

And now in the midst of a global pandemic, their main goal is not to inform and educate, but rather manipulate statements and data all in the goal of trashing everyone tasked with making the difficult decisions.  

  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the midst of this he made sure to remind us that even though the stock market is down more than 20% in a week it is still higher than when he took office - comforting that this is where his priorities and concerns are. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Can you elaborate how he is not treating the pandemic as a hoax?

 

Have a good feeling that if I did, it wouldn't matter to you. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

In the midst of this he made sure to remind us that even though the stock market is down more than 20% in a week it is still higher than when he took office - comforting that this is where his priorities and concerns are. 

The economy is always a great concern of every president. As usual his delivery is of his typical style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Have a good feeling that if I did, it wouldn't matter to you. 

In other words, you can’t?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their true agenda is. 

And now in the midst of a global pandemic, their main goal is not to inform and educate, but rather manipulate statements and data all in the goal of trashing everyone tasked with making the difficult decisions.  

wow, that's uniquely dumb.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
 Issac Asimov

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you mandate testing and force isolation?  Now who is being fascist? 
 

Identifying those infected does what exactly?  It does nothing in terms of treatment.  
 

if sick or vulnerable you should lay low, hydrate and rest. Don’t expose others.  You will likely experience nothing beyond a flu.
 

if you take a serious turn for the worse you should seek treatment and if then tested positive you will be admitted in isolation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news......I didn't have to drive over any dead bodies on the streets on my way to work.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Good news......I didn't have to drive over any dead bodies on the streets on my way to work.

You must not live in North Fargo lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a few years we will all have had this virus. Stopping it has never been the goal. Slowing it so as not to overburden the system with extreme cases is the goal.  In that way we minimize death toll. 
 

in the meantime, just lay low and please don’t go to the doctor with cold and flu symptoms.  It isn’t cancer, early diagnosis will not save your life.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

In a few years we will all have had this virus. Stopping it has never been the goal. Slowing it so as not to overburden the system with extreme cases is the goal.  In that way we minimize death toll. 
 

in the meantime, just lay low and please don’t go to the doctor with cold and flu symptoms.  It isn’t cancer, early diagnosis will not save your life.

Please stop exercising rational thought and common sense.  In a time like this neither are appropriate.  The world is ending and nothing will ever be the same.

I forgot - Go get a couple years worth of toilet paper.  It's your only hope of survival.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Please stop exercising rational thought and common sense.  In a time like this neither are appropriate.  The world is ending and nothing will ever be the same.

I forgot - Go get a couple years worth of toilet paper.  It's your only hope of survival.

 

806C4E3B-CA74-451A-8EB7-C6CF26FB992F.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I propose that every 4th-year true senior or 5th-year redshirt senior of a winter or spring sport should get another season of NCAA eligibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, green_sioux said:

wow, that's uniquely dumb.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
 Issac Asimov

So by stating facts, and pointing out the deliberate misleading misstatements by cnn and msnbc, I’m uniquely dumb?  

Very appropriate you chose to quote a science fiction writer  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

In the midst of this he made sure to remind us that even though the stock market is down more than 20% in a week it is still higher than when he took office - comforting that this is where his priorities and concerns are. 

 I guess he should’ve said the stock market is probably headed towards zero, and anyone not severely weakened by the coronavirus should climb to the top of the nearest building and jump 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

do you mandate testing and force isolation?  Now who is being fascist? 
 

Identifying those infected does what exactly?  It does nothing in terms of treatment.  
 

if sick or vulnerable you should lay low, hydrate and rest. Don’t expose others.  You will likely experience nothing beyond a flu.
 

if you take a serious turn for the worse you should seek treatment and if then tested positive you will be admitted in isolation. 

Um, being able to know if anyone who works in healthcare is an asymptomatic carrier is a pretty huge freaking deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this thread really belong in the hockey subsection?
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got word one of my good friends from HS just passed from ALS after midnight. 

Perspective...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, keikla said:

Um, being able to know if anyone who works in healthcare is an asymptomatic carrier is a pretty huge freaking deal.

Agreed- healthcare workers should be tested.  I was thinking of the broader general population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long after the 2009 pandemic was introduced were tests widely and easily available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is the Mall of America still open?  10x worse than any high school basketball game or college hockey game with 3,000 people in attendance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just got word one of my good friends from HS just passed from ALS after midnight. 

Perspective...

Sorry to hear that. A good reminder that pandemic or not, hug your loved ones. Call your friends. Be thankful for every day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...