SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

45 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their true agenda is. 

And now in the midst of a global pandemic, their main goal is not to inform and educate, but rather manipulate statements and data all in the goal of trashing everyone tasked with making the difficult decisions.  

wow, that's uniquely dumb.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
 Issac Asimov

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

do you mandate testing and force isolation?  Now who is being fascist? 

Identifying those infected does what exactly?  It does nothing in terms of treatment.  

if sick or vulnerable you should lay low, hydrate and rest. Don’t expose others.  You will likely experience nothing beyond a flu.

if you take a serious turn for the worse you should seek treatment and if then tested positive you will be admitted in isolation. 

In a few years we will all have had this virus. Stopping it has never been the goal. Slowing it so as not to overburden the system with extreme cases is the goal.  In that way we minimize death toll. 

in the meantime, just lay low and please don’t go to the doctor with cold and flu symptoms.  It isn’t cancer, early diagnosis will not save your life.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

In a few years we will all have had this virus. Stopping it has never been the goal. Slowing it so as not to overburden the system with extreme cases is the goal.  In that way we minimize death toll. 

in the meantime, just lay low and please don’t go to the doctor with cold and flu symptoms.  It isn’t cancer, early diagnosis will not save your life.

Please stop exercising rational thought and common sense.  In a time like this neither are appropriate.  The world is ending and nothing will ever be the same.

I forgot - Go get a couple years worth of toilet paper.  It's your only hope of survival.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Please stop exercising rational thought and common sense.  In a time like this neither are appropriate.  The world is ending and nothing will ever be the same.

I forgot - Go get a couple years worth of toilet paper.  It's your only hope of survival.

806C4E3B-CA74-451A-8EB7-C6CF26FB992F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, green_sioux said:

wow, that's uniquely dumb.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
 Issac Asimov

So by stating facts, and pointing out the deliberate misleading misstatements by cnn and msnbc, I’m uniquely dumb?  

Very appropriate you chose to quote a science fiction writer  

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

In the midst of this he made sure to remind us that even though the stock market is down more than 20% in a week it is still higher than when he took office - comforting that this is where his priorities and concerns are. 

I guess he should’ve said the stock market is probably headed towards zero, and anyone not severely weakened by the coronavirus should climb to the top of the nearest building and jump 

13 minutes ago, keikla said:

Um, being able to know if anyone who works in healthcare is an asymptomatic carrier is a pretty huge freaking deal.

Agreed- healthcare workers should be tested.  I was thinking of the broader general population.

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just got word one of my good friends from HS just passed from ALS after midnight. 

Perspective...

Sorry to hear that. A good reminder that pandemic or not, hug your loved ones. Call your friends. Be thankful for every day.  

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Can you elaborate how he is not treating the pandemic as a hoax?

I guess the way I'm hearing it, he was calling the Democrats' framing of his administration's reaction to the virus a hoax.  

With that said, it's obvious more funding and priority should've been given to the production and distribution of testing kits.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just got word one of my good friends from HS just passed from ALS after midnight. 

Perspective...

Oof.  Too young, Oxbow, too young.  ALS is an awful, AWFUl disease.  I'm sorry to hear of this.  

As for the coronavirus impact, God help us all.  I think the tipping point has already occurred in terms of panic.  I can't keep up with my customers cancelling orders today. 

18 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Why wait until then? NHL is suspended so nobody is leaving to go pro. Wait until the end of April to start the regionals and everything can be completed this school year.

Wasn't an actual suggestion...just a parallel to a "rain out" at races