SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

We all know Trump needs his ego stroked, but what’s the rationale for an indoor rally?  Is it a political statement? Defiance?   I mean no American sports league in their right mind would entertain such an idea right now.   Why not an outdoor one; at least for the safety of everyone involved?    Whatever though, just sign the waiver and don't hold Trump liable.  

Meanwhile, it starts...  6 of his staffers working on the event just tested positive.  

14 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We all know Trump needs his ego stroked, but what’s the rationale for an indoor rally?  Is it a political statement? Defiance?   I mean no American sports league in their right mind would entertain such an idea right now.   Why not an outdoor one; at least for the safety of everyone involved?    Whatever though, just sign the waiver and don't hold Trump liable.  

Meanwhile, it starts...  6 of his staffers working on the event just tested positive.  

Meanwhile in the early morning hours today one was shot dead and one shot with life threatening injuries in Seattle's CHOP. The PD was met with significant resistance so that they were not able to reach the victims. Safety and health issues come in all shapes and sizes.

22 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We all know Trump needs his ego stroked, but what’s the rationale for an indoor rally?  Is it a political statement? Defiance?   I mean no American sports league in their right mind would entertain such an idea right now.   Why not an outdoor one; at least for the safety of everyone involved?

Pro sports leagues are also dealing with players unions.  Trump holds a rally, it’s peoples options if they want to attend.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Meanwhile in the early morning hours today one was shot dead and one shot with life threatening injuries in CHOP. The PD was met with resistance so that they were not able to reach the victims. Safety and health issues come in all shapes and sizes.

Yea, Seattle is worry-some.  Tell us something we don't know.    In fact many BLM activists are coming out in opposition to Seattle, saying they're hijacking the cause. 

But your deflection about Seattle doesn't answer my question about Trump.               

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Crazy the number of you that have been silent the last few weeks, are now just popping up with concern over Trump holding a rally. You're not fooling anyone.

My bad I’ve kinda had more important things going on. But I’ll stop trying to fool you now!

5 hours ago, Goon said:

Yea, that's not good.  Unfortunately situations like we're currently experiencing often give fringe groups a window to operate.  We saw this same crap in the 1960s. 

Sadly, political entities tend to focus on fringe elements as a means to discredit the general wants, wishes and demands of a movement they disagree with.  We're seeing that with the far-right wing focusing on Antifa at every opportunity possible.            

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

My bad I’ve kinda had more important things going on. But I’ll stop trying to fool you now!

You finally found someone else to hold your sign "Get Tested Or Die!" in front of your house?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Crazy the number of you that have been silent the last few weeks, are now just popping up with concern over Trump holding a rally. You're not fooling anyone.

Some of us have lives and other priorities.  Posting 24/7 on a forum is insignificant. 

If my purpose was to gloat and or prove a point,  I would have been posting every second the last 2 weeks considering this time frame has been utterly brutal for Trump in every capacity.  

Carry on.  

In Minnesota during a week once expected by "experts" to mark the peak of the outbreak positive numbers are lowest in 30 days.....half the daily average of 30 days ago.

ICU beds lowest since May 3. Non-ICU hospitalizations lowest in 60 days. 

• Upvote 1

Slow the spread.

Flatten the curve.

Both of those admit the virus will come through humanity.

We have a little control over how, but none over if.

The virus owns if, and it’s not if, it’s will.

The virus will go through.

The big crowds? To me they are accelerated herd immunity events. 

17 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Some of us have lives and other priorities.  Posting 24/7 on a forum is insignificant. 

If my purpose was to gloat and or prove a point,  I would have been posting every second the last 2 weeks considering this time frame has been utterly brutal for Trump in every capacity.  

Carry on.  

But Trump holds a rally and suddenly here you are....huh

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Hah. No. Shoot me a pm and I’ll be happy to share with you though:)

you asked me to PM you a few weeks ago too...me thinking you might be on here for different reasons than the other average fighting Sioux fans...just saying.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Carry on.  

Then you decide to come back and post the same day that Trump holds a rally? Again, you're not fooling anyone.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:12 PM, 90siouxfan said:

I occasionally listen to Eric Weinstein , and also his brother Bret.  Eric has some theories on the financial state of the country that I find eye brow raising.  Bret is my covid knowledge base, evolutionary biologist that studied bats.  Many things these guys say are over my head, but I generally can follow their thinking.

Bret was on the Joe Rogan podcast couple days ago.

Said he thinks it's likely the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab and sees things that lead them to believe there was human manipulation in the virus.

• Like 1

How about the maga rally attendance? Maybe it won’t be a covid outbreak, looked like there may have been a couple thousand in attendance tops.

But there was a million ticket demand??

Mr president you’ve just been outsmarted by tic Tok teens and Kpop fans, or as he will likely claim, the radical left. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/style/tiktok-trump-rally-tulsa.html

23 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Who, other than Trump and racist law enforcement, have said that CHOP is being ran by Antifa?

This will give you a pretty good idea what's going on in Seattle

SEATTLE — On June 8, Seattle police frantically loaded what they could from the east precinct onto trucks and cars. Within hours, they boarded up and abandoned the station. That night, left-wing protesters from Black Lives Matter and Antifa declared ownership of the six-block neighborhood in the middle of the Pacific Northwest’s largest city. They named their new territory the “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone,” or CHAZ. No laws or rules applied here except for one: “No cops allowed.”

Attacks on journalists who are accused of not toeing the line have become commonplace. On Monday, a masked Antifa militant pointed me out to her comrades and tried to assemble a mob. I left before I could be injured. The following day, a Fox News crew was forced out of the zone.

Knowing the danger journalists faced in CHAZ, I tried to blend in by dressing in the “black bloc” uniform popularized by Antifa. I avoided speaking to people on the chance they would recognize my voice. When they viewed me as one of their own, they were incredibly kind. They offered me water and snacks throughout the day. Suspicious “outsiders,” on the other hand, were immediately tailed by security.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

How about the maga rally attendance? Maybe it won’t be a covid outbreak, looked like there may have been a couple thousand in attendance tops.

But there was a million ticket demand??

Mr president you’ve just been outsmarted by tic Tok teens and Kpop fans, or as he will likely claim, the radical left. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/style/tiktok-trump-rally-tulsa.html

Amid the Covid hysteria it probably wasn't too bad. Not sure why they thought they'd get so many people.  

You only saw 2,000 there?

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Amid the Covid hysteria it probably wasn't too bad. Not sure why they thought they'd get so many people.  

You only saw 2,000 there?

Not sure on the actual count but it was definitely less attended than a gopher hockey game. Guessing it was less than quarter capacity. Still too many people not wearing masks in one building with the pandemic, especially with the president of the US breathing that recirculated air.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Not sure on the actual count but it was definitely less attended than a gopher hockey game. Guessing it was less than quarter capacity. Still too many people not wearing masks in one building with the pandemic, especially with the president of the US breathing that recirculated air.

Spare us your "concern".