SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

46 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Nope. It's gotta be fake news. This is all a hoax, remember? (sarcasm) :silly:

I don’t think anyone ever called it a “hoax” did they?  I think the debate has always been the myth vs reality of its lethality and disruption....now the reality is we’ve shut down the world over something that has killed fewer people than dogs have this year...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That speech he gave last night wasn't like him at all. Must of listened to his aids, read the script, had none of his own usual poise. 
He wouldn't be coming down with something?

Usual poise=arrogance

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I don’t think anyone ever called it a “hoax” did they?  I think the debate has always been the myth vs reality of its lethality and disruption....now the reality is we’ve shut down the world over something that has killed fewer people than dogs have this year...

Just the president...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

OK? He still called it a hoax, which was what I was responding too from yzerman.

Also, is that link supposed to instill confidence in how it's being handled? 

Here's a timeline of how this administration has consistently downplayed the seriousness and size of Covid-19.

Slightly more than two weeks ago, he said 

within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.

Here's an extensive article highlighting the history of Coronavirus, the rate of growth throughout the world, and the difference between how countries have handled it. The only thing the U.S. is leading the way in is the fewest number of tests available per million people.

If you want a textbook example of how not to handle a pandemic, look at the U.S. since Coronavirus was first announced in China in December.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

OK? He still called it a hoax, which was what I was responding too from yzerman.

Also, is that link supposed to instill confidence in how it's being handled? 

Here's a timeline of how this administration has consistently downplayed the seriousness and size of Covid-19.

Slightly more than two weeks ago, he said 

Here's an extensive article highlighting the history of Coronavirus, the rate of growth throughout the world, and the difference between how countries have handled it. The only thing the U.S. is leading the way in is the fewest number of tests available per million people.

If you want a textbook example of how not to handle a pandemic, look at the U.S. since Coronavirus was first announced in China in December.

He never called the virus a hoax.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their true agenda is. 

And now in the midst of a global pandemic, their main goal is not to inform and educate, but rather manipulate statements and data all in the goal of trashing everyone tasked with making the difficult decisions.  

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 6

In the midst of this he made sure to remind us that even though the stock market is down more than 20% in a week it is still higher than when he took office - comforting that this is where his priorities and concerns are. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

In the midst of this he made sure to remind us that even though the stock market is down more than 20% in a week it is still higher than when he took office - comforting that this is where his priorities and concerns are. 

The economy is always a great concern of every president. As usual his delivery is of his typical style.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic