SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That's a very good point.   

We had a black President and, I assume, many blacks expected change.  Never happened.   It exemplifies just how systematic this injustice is.     

Don't worry. Come November you'll have a chance to vote for the guy who was with him for eight years as he promises you change and how things will be different.

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Don't worry. Come November you'll have a chance to vote for the guy who was with him for eight years as he promises you change and how things will be different.

Biden is gonna get done in the first 100 days what he couldn't get done or even try to get done in his over 16000 days in DC while people try and manage his dementia.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wonder what would happen is the MSM highlighted how GF handled the last week?  the procession for Holte was beautiful. first responders from twin valley, lisbon, fargo, shelly.......

They’d be disappointed in how grand forks handled it, I mean they didn’t storm the hospital or jail demanding the suspect. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

It's my opinion that true racial justice won't come from any politician (left or right).  It's too ingrained.

However change WILL occur when America's demographics shift.   Like it or not, it's gonna happen.  A lot in white America are scared $hitless of this eventuality because the notion of what 'traditional cultural America' is will be flipped upside down.  White privilege will cease to exist.     

...but until that time, in my opinion, politicians have the duty to pave the way for justice, or at least not make the situation worse.  This is certainly not occurring at the highest level right now.    

-100k coronavirus dead; 1 in 4 Americans unemployed; the economy in the toilet; race riots in the streets; cities on fire.......and Trump hiding in a bunker after-which he does a photo op with a bible in the air.  

Is America Great Again yet?  Is this seriously the America you guys want? 

Or is everything fine and dandy as long as the 'slowflakes' are owned.   

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It's my opinion that true racial justice won't come from any politician (left or right).  It's too ingrained.

However change WILL occur when America's demographics shift.   Like it or not, it's gonna happen.  A lot in white America are scared $hitless of this eventuality because the notion of what 'traditional cultural America' is will be flipped upside down.  White privilege will cease to exist.     

I don’t know if white America is scared, but I do agree that the death of the boomer generation will advance equality. 

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

...but until that time, in my opinion, politicians have the duty to pave the way for justice, or at least not make the situation worse.  This is certainly not occurring at the highest level right now.    

-100k coronavirus dead; 1 in 4 Americans unemployed; the economy in the toilet; race riots in the streets; cities on fire.......and Trump hiding in a bunker after-which he does a photo op with a bible in the air.  

It almost feels orchestrated how things were just kinda coasting along, then bang, bang the whole underbelly exposed.  

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It's just all a coincidence, isn't it? Country was doing quite well. So well that Trump was going to cake walk his way to a second term. And then boom. !@#$ hits the fan. Just all one big coincidence. Nothing to see here.

• Upvote 2

Cody Holte was honored today as a true hero. Cody was white. The individual who killed him was not.

Anyone expect protests, riots and looting in the downtown streets of GF any time soon over this senseless killing? 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

It almost feels orchestrated how things were just kinda coasting along, then bang, bang the whole underbelly exposed.  

It certainly happened quickly. 

But remember, even before coronavirus this country was walking on egg-shells with division.  Obviously division has always existed, and it has bubbled up  more explicitly at times. But never, ever, have we had President whose platform was built on exploiting division to the extent Trump does.   Look at his rallies. There is not 1 single unifying word coming out of his mouth....“us against them” and “he's a loser” reality TV show mentality.  He set the tone, and now our entire country (left and right) is following this method and has become a joke.       

Politics aside, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, GWB, Obama all had the decency to not utterly demonize the segment of America that didn't agree with them.  Trump doesn't do this, he does the opposite.  I can understand how it may be appealing to some, but it doesn't work if you're job is to represent every citizen.    

I’m not surprised in the slightest this country is on fire.  You elect a divisive clown, expect a circus.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Cody Holte was honored today as a true hero. Cody was white. The individual who killed him was not. Anyone expect riots and looting in the downtown streets of GF any time soon? 

I would fully expect riots if the city decided to wait for a few days and not immediately apprehend the murderer, especially if his death was live streamed to the world for all to see. 

24 minutes ago, dynato said:

I would fully expect riots if the city decided to wait for a few days and not immediately apprehend the murderer, especially if his death was live streamed to the world for all to see. 

Uh, the guy shot multiple people and was apprehended after doing it, like immediately while the gun was still smoking.  The Minneapolis cop situation was a bit more complex than that.  Even you can admit that, right?

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Never driven a semi have no idea how long it takes. I knew he was on the highway legally before they announced the closing and said that in my posts. Still doesn't mean he couldn't have exited off, there was like 2 hours between when they announced they'd  be closing the interstate at 5 and when the incident happened. Maybe he did his best to slow down and he certainly did lay on the horn. There was no way he had slowed down to 30 by the time he got to the front of that crowd though. Watching cell phone video he was way over 30 when you saw those protesters diving out of the way. No matter the intent or lack thereof it was a scary situation and thankfully disaster seems to have been avoided.

What makes you think he knew what  was going on in Minny at the time? Watching the news while he was driving?  I listen to Sirrus . There is no news.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Uh, the guy shot multiple people and was apprehended after doing it, like immediately while the gun was still smoking.  The Minneapolis cop situation was a bit more complex than that.  Even you can admit that, right?

Define complexity. Both individuals were murdered in broad daylight. In one of these murders, justice was served immediately and the community could move on to recovering. The other murder was live streamed and resulted in widespread riots because the murderers were protected instead of being apprehended and held accountable in urgent fashion. 

Reminder: I am not the one trying to stretch the situation, draw parallels, and use an officers death to favor my narrative.

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I don’t agree that any race is scared.  Just cause you suggest it doesn’t make it true.  I think most would welcome all the issues facing urban areas to disappear when the demographics flip like you suggest.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dynato said:

The Floyd situation isn’t anywhere near as black and white (pardon the pun) as the Grand Forks shooting. 
Going by the letter of the law, proving beyond a reasonable doubt the charge of murder by the cop is going to be difficult to prove.  At which point the riot to end all riots will probably commence. 

1 minute ago, homer said:

I don’t agree that any race is scared.  Just cause you suggest it doesn’t make it true.  I think most would welcome all the issues facing urban areas to disappear when the demographics flip like you suggest.  

This.

This is the problem, it wasn't taught by parents to kids, it wasn't taught in school. 

In fact the opposite was, their special little opinions matter, no matter the lack of validity, this attitude also makes them vulnerable to others insane incorrect suggestions.

• Upvote 2

Justice takes time. And patience. And fortitude. And belief.

Sadly we live in a world of immediate gratification, where violence is confused with strength, and moral ambiguity is lauded. 

What the Minneapolis cop did was wrong. 

Harming others by mayhem is wrong.

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This.

This is the problem, it wasn't taught by parents to kids, it wasn't taught in school. 

In fact the opposite was, their special little opinions matter, no matter the lack of validity, this attitude also makes them vulnerable to others insane incorrect suggestions.

Holy crap and not 20 seconds after I post this, the idiocracy is demonstrated by a tweet...... Point. Validated

"Dozens of public health and disease experts have signed an open letter in support of the nationwide anti-racism protests.

"White supremacy is a lethal public health issue that predates and contributes to COVID-19," they wrote.
https://t.co/EewPNgDSu3 "

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Define complexity. Both individuals were murdered in broad daylight. In one of these murders, justice was served immediately and the community could move on to recovering. The other murder was live streamed and resulted in widespread riots because the murderers were protected instead of being apprehended and held accountable in urgent fashion. 

Reminder: I am not the one trying to stretch the situation, draw parallels, and use an officers death to favor my narrative.

It took them 1.5 days to charge the shooter in GF.  It took 4 days to charge the police officer, who is obviously extended a greater benefit of the doubt due to his position and the unknowns of what led up to it.