SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

5G Corona (Enter at your own risk)

On 5/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, keikla said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I would be very surprised if they test it in culture.  We're part of the Mayo Clinic's official study on convalescent plasma, so it's not an internal process for us, and I'm not privy to much of the behind the scenes info related to it.  

I am guessing most places are not setup to test convalescent plasma in culture (no BSL3).   A preliminary matched control study in NY appears to show that 80% of convalescent plasma recipients survive, but plasma does not work after intubation (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.20.20102236v1.full.pdf).

26 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I am guessing most places are not setup to test convalescent plasma in culture (no BSL3).   A preliminary matched control study in NY appears to show that 80% of convalescent plasma recipients survive, but plasma does not work after intubation (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.20.20102236v1.full.pdf).

Just anecdotally, I would agree with the 80%.  We're seeing quite good responses with it, moreso than what some colleagues have noted.

31 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Just read 81% of Canada’s deaths have been nursing home residents

I've seen that number someplace before........

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Fauci has openly admitted that his information is from the medical side of the equation only, and it's on a novel virus that the smartest people in the world in that field are still learning a ton about it. He's never claimed to be giving advice on the entire problem (nor advocated for strict/permanent lockdowns as the only solution) and stated his information needs to be weighed with other factors. Politicians have economic experts they are relying on to give the other side of the equation. How they choose to balance that is what they are elected to do. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/i-m-going-keep-pushing-anthony-fauci-tries-make-white-house-listen-facts-pandemic

Let's be fair........Fauci's been a disaster.

• Upvote 2

Saw my first face shield in public.

Can we shame people who shame nonmasks wears for not being faceshield wears?

Because then it doesnt matter if the nonmask wears aren't wearing masks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Went to Home Depot for a pickup order. 90% in store with no masks. Majority of employees had no masks on.  Saw 7 African Americans in store......high risk group. One had a mask on. 

21 minutes ago, Cratter said:

redneckgopher is currently shopping for his faceshield to be the first one to wear one at trader joes and scowl at the cloth mask wearers while buying organic ovacados

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

redneckgopher is currently shopping for his faceshield to be the first one to wear one at trader joes and scowl at the cloth mask wearers while buying organic ovacados

Wait, wha?  NoDak has a Trader Joe’s?

1 minute ago, Ranger said:

Wait, wha?  NoDak has a Trader Joe’s?

he hangs around dinkytown...he's a gopher fan

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Went to Home Depot for a pickup order. 90% in store with no masks. Majority of employees had no masks on.  Saw 7 African Americans in store......high risk group. One had a mask on. 

I’ve witnessed just the opposite at several HDs in Minneapolis and even the one in Fergus Falls... and I made it past the customer support counter.  This was before the mayor’s mandate too.

My daughter just showed me a pic off of Twitter of Alyssa Milano wearing a......... crocheted mask! 

You just can't make this s**t up.

14 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I’ve witnessed just the opposite at several HDs in Minneapolis and even the one in Fergus Falls... and I made it past the customer support counter.  This was before the mayor’s mandate too.

Maybe those in MN think the virus is more racist than those in ND?

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My daughter just showed me a pic off of Twitter of Alyssa Milano wearing a......... crocheted mask! 

Actually, you can.  Milano says it had a carbon filter inside.  

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Of course it did........how did anyone else miss that? Ventilator not included.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Um OK. Would you want to try to breathe through that? I wouldn’t. 

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Well she is a deranged dingbat so it’s understandable 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um OK. Would you want to try to breathe through that? I wouldn’t. 

That’s about what it is here in Jamestown too 

Folks, I put no belief in a good working effective safe vaccine in under 18 months.

It is herd immunity or bust. And yes the virus will take some. Virus gonna virus. 

29 minutes ago, Ranger said:

That didn't cover her nose apparently.   Look again, if it was even there.

Random thoughts: 

CA saying all mail in election because polling stations would not be safe. So why not put polling stations in Costco and grocery and gas stations and Walmart? They’re safe enough to be open ... right?

I have two close relatives on the front lines of this. One is intern in Boston area hospital; one is nursing director of ND care center for elderly. The one flew back to ND recently and back to MA and said why not. She said demographics matter and she’s not in a target group and doesn’t work with target groups. The other looked at me and said based on my age and health status find something else to worry about. But both say this virus is “lazy” meaning it’s taking the old and the weak, and not much else.

Would it be wrong to say Mother Nature is doing some pruning? Before you jump on me, I still have two close relatives in ND memory care facilities. I don’t want them to have to go alone. To me that’s the hardest part of all of this is the loneliness, for both the isolated living, and the dying. 

• Upvote 4

I would be fine with no mask shaming either way.  If people feel better with them on, more power to them.  In the same token people that decide to wear them, shouldn’t cast judgement on those that choose not to wear them.

• Upvote 2