SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

5G Corona (Enter at your own risk)

14 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Shame is an equal sword...I cast shame on everyone that donates less than $5k/ year to charity.  I cast shame on people who haven’t saved a million bucks. Lots of ways to cast shame

Really?

13 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I’m just tired.   80+...give me a bottle of good scotch and a triple dose of ketamine.  Honsestly.  I don’t wish Ill upon anyone, but what would you do?  Hold on for one more Christmas?   Stop the world for one. Ire trip to Walmart or the fair?  

Ok I understand you were tired, but you really believe this is all to save one person? The US has lost almost 100,000 lives over a two month period. 

This came through my Twitter feed today. 

39 minutes ago, keikla said:

I was talking to a colleague yesterday, and she compared this experience to her experience post 9/11.  She said this was worse because 1) it's open-ended, and 2) after 9/11 the country unified. Now everyone is angry and divided, and we're left in this isolated hell without much support.

For a very short time there was a sense of unity before we went back to our individual sides. For a brief moment, we had that moment where we came together. 

“I want you all to know that America today, America today is on bended knee, in prayer for the people whose lives were lost here, for the workers who work here, for the families who mourn. This nation stands with the good people of New York City and New Jersey and Connecticut as we mourn the loss of thousands of our citizens,” Bush said.

25 minutes ago, Goon said:

For a very short time there was a sense of unity before we went back to our individual sides. For a brief moment, we had that moment where we came together. 

“I want you all to know that America today, America today is on bended knee, in prayer for the people whose lives were lost here, for the workers who work here, for the families who mourn. This nation stands with the good people of New York City and New Jersey and Connecticut as we mourn the loss of thousands of our citizens,” Bush said.

There isn't a single issue in this country that doesn't result in it being politisized that divides the country.  Sad that people can come to a bipartisan agreement on anything.  Unfortunately the times we live in today.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There isn't a single issue in this country that doesn't result in it being politisized that divides the country.  Sad that people can come to a bipartisan agreement on anything.  Unfortunately the times we live in today.

The hilarious thing about "partisanship" is that people don't even ask anymore, or even require some evidence of your disposition.  You question aspects of the COVID response and people will just ASSUME (to a degree beyond certainty) that you are a right-wing MAGAmaniac.  It blows my mind that so many people have lost all sense of reason and the capacity for critical thought.

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The hilarious thing about "partisanship" is that people don't even ask anymore, or even require some evidence of your disposition.  You question aspects of the COVID response and people will just ASSUME (to a degree beyond certainty) that you are a right-wing MAGAmaniac.  It blows my mind that so many people have lost all sense of reason and the capacity for critical thought.

Totally.  It’s The immediate discounting of the message based on a bias against the messenger.

Left:  nothing you say matters because you are a heartless bigot that doesn’t share my values!  Which are the correct values!  You only think about yourself!

Right:  nothing you say matters because you are a mindless crybaby that doesn’t share my values!  Which are the correct values!  Stop worrying about everybody else and worry about yourself!

• Upvote 3

In honor of 
https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/28844-5g-corona-enter-at-your-own-risk/page/239/?tab=comments#comment-1132136
and
https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/28844-5g-corona-enter-at-your-own-risk/page/239/?tab=comments#comment-1132138

.. another Bryan Adams classic ... 

I got my first real exposure
Got it at the five-and-dime
Coughed 'til my lungs just bled
Was the summer of Covid-One-Nine

Me and some guys from school
Stood together, not real far
Me antibodies,, but granny got buried
We spread that virus, near and far

Oh, when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah, I never wanna be there
Those were the worst days of my life

Ain't no use in complainin'
When you've got no job to do
Governor shut all the store fronts
'Cause of China wet market flu, yeah

Standin' on your mama's porch
You told me that you'd wait fourteen days
Oh, and when you held my hand
I knew that it was Wuhan fever
Oh, yeah
Back in the summer of Covid-One-Nine, oh

Man we were killin' time
We were just quarantined 
We needed to unwind
I guess nothin' can last forever, two more weeks, no!
Yeah!

And now the times are changin'
Look at the economy, it's just plain gone
Sometimes when in the lockdown
I think about China, I wonder what went wrong

You told me that it'd last just two more weeks, yeah
I knew that it was Corona virus 
Oh, yeah

It was the summer of Covid-One-Nine, oh, yeah
Me and my baby in Covid-One-Nine, oh
It was the summer
The summer, the summer of Covid-One-Nine, yeah

Note: I've made some tweets.

• Upvote 3

No sh×t Fauci, you idiot. People much smarter than him have been saying this for a month or more.  He could only see things through his narrow lens and nobody can argue because of liability issues based on his findings and recommendations.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

In honor of 
https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/28844-5g-corona-enter-at-your-own-risk/page/239/?tab=comments#comment-1132136
and
https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/28844-5g-corona-enter-at-your-own-risk/page/239/?tab=comments#comment-1132138

.. another Bryan Adams classic ... 

I got my first real exposure
Got it at the five-and-dime
Coughed 'til my lungs just bled
Was the summer of Covid-One-Nine

Me and some guys from school
Stood together, not real far
We're all fine, granny got buried
We spread that virus, near and far

Oh, when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah, I never wanna be there

Ain't no use in complainin'
When you've got no job to do
Governor shut all the store fronts
So there's nothing to do, yeah

You told me that you'd wait fourteen days
I knew that it was Wuhan fever
Oh, yeah

Man we were killin' time
We were just quarantined 
We needed to unwind
I guess nothin' can last forever, two more weeks, no!
Yeah!

And now the times are changin'
Look at the economy, it's just plain gone
Sometimes when in the lockdown
I think about China, I wonder what went wrong

You told me that it'd last just two more weeks, yeah
I knew that it was touch exposure 
Oh, yeah

It was the summer of Covid-One-Nine, oh, yeah
Me and my baby in Covid-One-Nine, oh
It was the summer
The summer, the summer of Covid-One-Nine, yeah

Excellent 

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

No sh×t Fauci, you idiot. People much smarter than him have been saying this for a month or more.  He could only see things through his narrow lens and nobody can argue because of liability issues based on his findings and recommendations.  

why is that all the most horrible men in history has/had little man's disease?

39 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Dave Portnoy >>>>>> Anthony Fauci

• Upvote 1

Between Fauci and the CDC I'm trying to figure which is more bipolar in their "expertise" and opinions.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I see Alaska is fully open. Precovid style open.

What about Michig.........nevermind.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

"Expert": One dimensional thinking on a multidimensional problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Expert": One dimensional thinking on a multidimensional problem.

Fauci has openly admitted that his information is from the medical side of the equation only, and it's on a novel virus that the smartest people in the world in that field are still learning a ton about it. He's never claimed to be giving advice on the entire problem (nor advocated for strict/permanent lockdowns as the only solution) and stated his information needs to be weighed with other factors. Politicians have economic experts they are relying on to give the other side of the equation. How they choose to balance that is what they are elected to do. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/i-m-going-keep-pushing-anthony-fauci-tries-make-white-house-listen-facts-pandemic

Q: I’m curious about some things that aren’t happening on a national scale. One is, why are shelter in place orders happening state by state? Why are we doing this sequentially? Is that a mistake?

A: No, I don’t think we could say it’s a mistake or not a mistake. There is a discussion and a delicate balance about what’s the overall impact of shutting everything down completely for an indefinite period of time. So, there’s a compromise. If you knock down the economy completely and disrupt infrastructure, you may be causing health issues, unintended consequences, for people who need to be able to get to places and can’t. You do the best you can. I’ve emphasized very emphatically at every press conference, that everybody in the country, at a minimum, should be following the fundamental guidelines. Elderly, stay out of society in self isolation. Don’t go to work if you don’t have to. Yada, yada, yada. No bars, no restaurants, no nothing. Only essential services. When you get a place like New York or Washington or California, you have got to ratchet it up. But it is felt—and it isn’t me only speaking, it’s a bunch of people who make the decisions—that if you lock down everything now, you’re going to crash the whole society. So, you do what you can do, as best as you can. Do as much physical separation as you can and ratchet it up at the places you know are at highest risk.

• Upvote 1

Illinois Governor Pritzker:  It’s not safe for Illinois residents to go to church!

Also Illinois Governor Pritzker:  It is safe, however, for the construction crew I hired to go across state lines and build my horse mansion in Wisconsin.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Dave Portnoy >>>>>> Anthony Fauci

de santis>portnoy>fauci

• Upvote 1