SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

RE: The I-35 truck.

First time I saw the video I half expected it to either:
(a) not stop, or 
(b) burst into flames. 

I cringed; and then I cringed. 

I saw it live and kept saying: oh no. oh no. oh no. 

1 hour ago, planet2county said:

How does any of that relate to a man in Nashville walking a dog?  
Hint- it doesn’t.

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The idiots were the people on the interstate. What was he supposed to do just stop on the interstate and let the thugs burn his rig down after getting beat up. F no. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because if he wanted to run over people he could have taken out hundreds.

The real answer is he should have exited the interstate when they decided to close them and avoid the whole situation. This was a very peaceful group that was just marching down the road. Don't know where you get "thugs" from. Someone comes blasting in at 70-80mph causing people to dive all over the place and I'd probably have the same reaction as those protesters.

12 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Why is it hard for you to believe he didn’t see the protestors? They were gathered behind a curve, he laid on his horn and slammed on the brakes. Thankfully there were a few in the crowd trying to protect him but to say the protestors stayed peaceful is dead wrong he was beat for minutes. Those protestors didn’t need to be on 35w and this was also another fail on MN state patrol for not barricading the highway.

I guess I didn't realize there was a curve that may have hindered his view. With 5-6,000 people packed tightly together it just seems like it'd be easy to see but if there was a curve right before that could be part of an explanation. The protestors were peacefully protesting and even after the incident some helped protect him. A lot of places around the country that guy doesn't get out of that situation alive. It sounds like the police knew where they were going with this march and were alright with. Needed to do a better job of making sure drivers were getting off the road though.

I guess you don't feel this has anything to do with the guy in Nashville either.  ;

His neighbors could have laughed at him, they could say this type of stuff doesn't. happen here.  Instead, they took action.

This may seem insignificant to you,.  While it may not be earth changing, it seems whole lot better than the heads of both political parties tweeting back and forth saying they are right.  These people found a common objective and took action.  That is what makes America great.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Need to stop the riots and looting.  Dems are not interested.

So they decided to tear gas a peaceful protest, thus potentially escalating the situation, just so the President could walk over and have a photo opportunity in front of a church, whose leaders were not even informed of his presence or frankly even want him there. That doesn't seem like a very good strategy to stopping the "riots and looting" or for anything at all to be honest.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDGrad06 said:

So they decided to tear gas a peaceful protest, thus potentially escalating the situation, just so the President could walk over and have a photo opportunity in front of a church, whose leaders were not even informed of his presence or frankly even want him there. That doesn't seem like a very good strategy to stopping the "riots and looting" or for anything at all to be honest.   

The crowd was told to disperse 3 times.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, planet2county said:

I guess you don't feel this has anything to do with the guy in Nashville either.  ;

His neighbors could have laughed at him, they could say this type of stuff doesn't. happen here.  Instead, they took action.

This may seem insignificant to you,.  While it may not be earth changing, it seems whole lot better than the heads of both political parties tweeting back and forth saying they are right.  These people found a common objective and took action.  That is what makes America great.

Thank God the officer who shot him wasn’t white, and Trump wasn’t  president then.  Otherwise that incident would’ve evoked uncontrolled riots and vandalism, with CNN and NBC making excuses for the criminal activity. 

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

The crowd was told to disperse 3 times.  

Still doesn't make it a good strategy. Why were the, on all accounts, peaceful protesters being asked to disperse 15 minutes before the mandated curfew? Was an unlaful assembly pronounced? Hard to believe that would be the case in the area around the White House, which is a common free speech zone. The only reason seems to be so the President could get a photo opportunity. Frankly there are better avenues for the President to get whatever message he wants across in the current environment. There is no reason to arbitrarily escalate a situation if it is not absolutely necessary. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, UNDGrad06 said:

Still doesn't make it a good strategy. Why were the, on all accounts, peaceful protesters being asked to disperse 15 minutes before the mandated curfew? Was an unlaful assembly pronounced? Hard to believe that would be the case in the area around the White House, which is a common free speech zone. The only reason seems to be so the President could get a photo opportunity. Frankly there are better avenues for the President to get whatever message he wants across in the current environment. There is no reason to arbitrarily escalate a situation if it is not absolutely necessary. 

Says every business owner who just had their livelihood destroyed.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Need to stop the riots and looting.  Dems are not interested.

Rioting needs to stop, I do not disagree.  But going in too heavy is not the answer.

I know Trump spoke with Putin today, but he needs to understand we’re not Russia.  Sending police/military forces to ‘crush’ civilians isn’t what we do. That's not us.   In fact that's the antithesis of traditional Republican values.  So much so that if Trump isn't careful he's gonna inflame militant elements of his own party - against him.  Timothy McVeigh types whose #1 fear is just what Trump is advocating.  Those guys are another set of lunatics this country doesn’t need involved in things.

i believe the people that have caused damage by rioting and are caught should go through the judicial system.  I also believe police officers that abuse their authority, should  receive the same treatment.  That has not always happened,  I do not feel that makes me anti-police.  If someone assaults police or worse, then they should face the consequences.  i do not agree with the riots. But, I am not going to be dismissive and a say stuff happens and just move on, no big deal,  and look the other way regarding the Floyd incident.  I believe there are issues that need to looked and addressed from whatever side of the aisle in regards to Minneapolis police department and other departments across the country,

Most officers feel what happened violated procedure and ethics. The MPD union chief feels his officers rights were violated.

All this over a fake $ 20 bill, which the owner of the facility feels Floyd may not realized it was fake. 

I do understand this country was not founded just by addressing issues through legal means such as Boston Tea Party.

I keep seeing references to the Boston Tea Party. What were the "rioters" protesting when they destroyed the tea? A tax on tea. What does Target have to do with police brutality? 

What did the Boston Tea Party ultimately lead to? War. Is that what the current protesters want? 

I do not know what the agenda  was regarding Target.  Could be just plain criminals.  Are all protesters rioters?  Could there be agitators across all political spectrum's involved in rioting with agendas not having to do with police brutality and inequality?  Could there be people with no agenda  caught up with emotion causing damage and later regretting there actions?

Does Target symbolize something different than a bank, post office, or a number of minority owned businesses in the case of Minneapolis?

I have heard people say that if they try to take my guns, there will be an uprising?  Is one cause better than another or more noble? 

Do protesters in Minneapolis want the same thing as protesters in other cities?  Some of the protesters in Minneapolis said they wanted a plan to address police reform from the leaders.  Some expressed the 3 others should charged.  Some want to know why there were not charges right way and feel without protests charges would never have been brought. 

Are there people that feel the police in Minneapolis did nothing wrong in the  Floyd case?  Have there been protest leaders that have denounced rioting and discussed the negative impacts in the community?

Can there be many layers to this or is does there only have to be one narrative?   Can some common ground be found?  Does it have be only one way or another?  

Can there be ideas and solutions that can come from some compromise?