SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

This is disgusting. Complete lawlessness is starting to spread around this nation. 

At this point if you live anywhere in MN that isn't MSP you need to start going about your normal lives pre-COVID. Assemble in church. Open your restaurants. Open your businesses. You need to do what's best for you and you family and communities. Walz basically said there won't be arrests for what has gone in during the riots, looting and destruction. He's been nothing short of an absolute train wreck for months now. Criminals, thugs and degenerates are destroying Minneapolis yet local authorities in rural MN are supposed to impose the lockdown measures imposed by Walz? Don't be surprised when law abiding armed citizens say enough is enough. 

BTW what about COVID in MSP? Social distancing? Saving one life? 

...and in no way should Target, Cub, AutoZone or any other major store chain that was destroyed even think about restoring businesses in those destroyed areas. Let the Lake St. area rot for decades. 

Decide to open a salon in Texas to cut hair and provide for your family......go straight to jail.

• Upvote 2

Send four cops to arrest a guy who passed a fake $20, but send two deputies to evict a guy with a record that includes assault of a law enforcement officer.

I only say it because it fits here in this thread full of expert hindsight. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

You are just 100% wrong on this one Dynato.  The (3) days were always served,  there were  just no eviction hearings being held so no one was being evicted.  The folks couldn’t be formally evicted until the hearings were allowed.  You are correct than no evictions were/are issued, but the process never stopped, it was delayed.

The other documents were still being done and served to hopefully have the Tenants move voluntarily and to be ready to move the eviction when the prohibition is/was lifted.

I never said eviction paperwork would not be started nor did I say they will never get evicted once the ban ends. I''m speaking directly on evictions and the eviction ban.

"Eviction" is the act of physically removing a tenant from the property. That act of filing to removing tenants was banned across all 50 states by Trump, now it is only banned across 31 states. Meaning evictions have not actually taken place due to financial hardship from pandemic. I gave you several references that evictions are still banned. I gave you additional references of papers not being allowed to be filed nor served, as well as reference to where landlords who have decided to bypass federal/state law to evict have faced legal consequences resulting in a null in their eviction process. You even acknowledge the truth in this and yet sadly contradict yourself and claim Trump, Fox,  State Supreme courts, and me to be 100% wrong about evictions taking place without any evidence to support yourself. 

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

I'm sure that would help the number of unemployment claims, and many of those employees likely live in other communities nearby and had no part in the destruction. 

The buildings will take a year or more to rebuild.  Unemployment is already at 40 million plus, who cares now.  

• Upvote 1

Isn't it amazing how over the few years we just keep going from one "event" to another seamlessly?  Almost like the Covid situation was starting to die off so something new popped up. 

Impeachments, Russia, Ukraine, Covid, Riots...hmmm

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Isn't it amazing how over the few years we just keep going from one "event" to another seamlessly?  Almost like the Covid situation was starting to die off so something new popped up. 

Impeachments, Russia, Ukraine, Covid, Riots...hmmm

soros

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, dynato said:

I never said eviction paperwork would not be started nor did I say they will never get evicted once the ban ends. I''m speaking directly on evictions and the eviction ban.

"Eviction" is the act of physically removing a tenant from the property. That act of filing to removing tenants was banned across all 50 states by Trump, now it is only banned across 31 states. Meaning evictions have not actually taken place due to financial hardship from pandemic. I gave you several references that evictions are still banned. I gave you additional references of papers not being allowed to be filed nor served, as well as reference to where landlords who have decided to bypass federal/state law to evict have faced legal consequences resulting in a null in their eviction process. You even acknowledge the truth in this and yet sadly contradict yourself and claim Trump, Fox,  State Supreme courts, and me to be 100% wrong about evictions taking place without any evidence to support yourself. 

You stated if evictions were banned he wouldn’t have been killed.  You are 100% wrong.  He would have still been served, which is when the event happened.  Your statement was 100% wrong.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Ummm...the DFL has had a stranglehold on pretty much every single electable office in MN and in Minneapolis and St Paul for a LONG time now. 

The Republicans have been in charge of at least some part of the MN legislature for the last decade. But you are right the state has mainly been electing more and more radical liberals. I don’t feel sorry for MN......

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, keikla said:

I was under the impression that Oxbow cares, because he lists the numbers every single week. 

You're way smarter than that. Don't try to connect the dots on this one.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, keikla said:

I was under the impression that Oxbow cares, because he lists the numbers every single week. 

by him reminding people every monday about the loss of jobs SHOWS he cares...one of the most sane people on here regarding this "pandemic"

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

by him reminding people every monday about the loss of jobs SHOWS he cares...one of the most sane people on here regarding this "pandemic"

Generous comment since I've been pumping myself full of hydroxychloroquine and insulin for a couple weeks now.........

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, keikla said:

The issues at hand are totally different, but it essentially comes down to one thing: people being unemployed because of circumstances outside of their control.  

Exactly.  This country has been a powder keg for awhile.  Covid economic shutdown put us past the tipping point.  All that’s needed was a spark.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Generous comment since I've been pumping myself full of hydroxychloroquine and insulin for a couple weeks now.........

And bleach, don’t forget the bleach.

With a Lysol chaser. 

20 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

You stated if evictions were banned he wouldn’t have been killed.  You are 100% wrong.  He would have still been served, which is when the event happened.  Your statement was 100% wrong.

Now you are just trolling. Trump banned evictions on a federal level for the pandemic and 31 states extended his order. I posted sources that clearly highlight this also showing no sheriffs show up to serve you if you reside in a state with an existing ban. No officers show up to remove a tenant = no eviction = no officer entering the residence of a cop killer = no officer death. You are going out of your way to call this all factually incorrect and yet cowardly refuse provide any evidence to prove yourself right. 

The bottom line game changer that has destroyed the promise of upward mobility (which was the fine thread that held us together) boils down to two very simple things:

1.  Higher Education Costs

2.  Housing Costs

Both of those key components to society have become out of reach for the majority of people in urban areas.

In the major urban centers a basic house that you would be comfortable with the schools and feel mostly safe will run you at minimum $500k.  That’s $100k down payment.  If you can save $500/mo it will take you 200 months to save for a down payment. 17 years...at $1000/Mo you get to 8 years.  Meanwhile the price keeps going up, so if real estate outpaces your savings (likely) you are chasing even longer. Throw in some joblessness where you are burning down wealth instead of accumulating, the carrot stays out of reach.

In CA it’s just gross.  The cost of a middle class life is about $250k/year.  

• Upvote 1

Minneapolis mayor urges protesters to wear masks and practice social distancing

“The City encourages everyone to exercise caution to stay safe while participating in the riots, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey’s office wrote in a statement addressed to individuals who took to the streets following the death of George Floyd while in police custody. “The City has made hundreds of masks available to protesters this week.”

A piece of relatively good news highlighting unemployment numbers/trends:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/labor-secretary-believes-economy-turning a corner'-as-jobless-claims-decline-from-prior-week

Total claims filed during the pandemic is at 41M. 2M of this being in the last week, the lowest weekly unemployment filings count since March 15th.

Total people with continuing claims on unemployment is 21M, with there being a significant 4M drop in people claiming unemployment in the last week. 

55 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The bottom line game changer that has destroyed the promise of upward mobility (which was the fine thread that held us together) boils down to two very simple things:

1.  Higher Education Costs

2.  Housing Costs

Both of those key components to society have become out of reach for the majority of people in urban areas.

In the major urban centers a basic house that you would be comfortable with the schools and feel mostly safe will run you at minimum $500k.  That’s $100k down payment.  If you can save $500/mo it will take you 200 months to save for a down payment. 17 years...at $1000/Mo you get to 8 years.  Meanwhile the price keeps going up, so if real estate outpaces your savings (likely) you are chasing even longer. Throw in some joblessness where you are burning down wealth instead of accumulating, the carrot stays out of reach.

In CA it’s just gross.  The cost of a middle class life is about $250k/year.  

Depends where you live. Western ND.  Most HS grads worse OJT in the oil field can start about 80-90k/year.  Housing about 280k to 300k.  

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Now you are just trolling. Trump banned evictions on a federal level for the pandemic and 31 states extended his order. I posted sources that clearly highlight this also showing no sheriffs show up to serve you if you reside in a state with an existing ban. No officers show up to remove a tenant = no eviction = no officer entering the residence of a cop killer = no officer death. You are going out of your way to call this all factually incorrect and yet cowardly refuse provide any evidence to prove yourself right. 

Go to the courthouse and ask a judge (or ask one that posts here).  I‘m sorry you don’t understand the legal system and the legal steps in an eviction, but you are unequivocally wrong in your statement.

There is a difference between serving and filing a legal action.  Just because something is served doesn’t mean the court system is involved in anything yet.  Sheriffs don’t show up to remove a tenant until after they are served a 3 day, after they are served a complaint, after the eviction hearing is done in which tenant is provided time to move, and after a writ of execution is issued days later directing the sheriff to remove a tenant (which rarely happens).