SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 hours ago, dynato said:

The GF POLICE OFFICER who died was a friend of a friend and we met on many occasions. He was a calm, level-headed, nice young man. Which I suppose is why THE GF POLICE DEPARTMENT send him in for a sad event like an eviction. You can speculate all you want, but the same idea holds true if we were to have taken the virus seriously from the start. If ND had the same eviction suspension policy as MN, there would have been no eviction served this week, and this incident would not have happened. If the USA had implemented prevention measures earlier and the message not be so politicized, the health impact would have been exponentially lower, the economy would have opened up months sooner, and this might not have happened. 

So it was Burgum's and Trump's fault the officer died?

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

So it was Burgum's and Trump's fault the officer died?

It is absolutely not their fault that he died. He died because some low-life decided to shoot him. He didn't die because of a stupid virus lockdown. Stop reaching so far and look at the context. 

15 minutes ago, dynato said:

It is absolutely not their fault that he died. He died because some low-life decided to shoot him. He didn't die because of a stupid virus lockdown. Stop reaching so far and look at the context. 

Read what you wrote.  You connected the dots for us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

A little ridiculous situation down there. Police are taking the time to arrest reporters while they let their own precinct burn to the ground.

I believe the direction to let it burn came from the mayor.  It’s only brick and mortar according to him and symbolic

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

To me it looks like they might be trying to win trump back over.

It did say the video was from March.  So they thought little of masks as far as this type of situation goes before it even got bad.  

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Read what you wrote.  You connected the dots for us.

I commented on a post about speculation  directly with additional speculation, that's your context clue. My bad if you don't understand what speculation means

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dynato said:

I commented on a post about speculation  directly with additional speculation, that's your context clue. My bad if you don't understand what speculation means

Your speculation is based around the idea that IF Burgum had not allowed evictions and IF Trump had done a better job in February, very little of this would be happening and the officer would be alive.  Correct?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Your speculation is based around the idea that IF Burgum had not allowed evictions and IF Trump had done a better job in February, very little of this would be happening and the officer would be alive.  Correct?

My SPECULATION is if the USA had a collective, actionable, serious, and earlier response to COVID, the USA would be in a leagues better spot economically and health wise. It doesn't matter who the president is, earlier, unified, and defined action by both democrats and republicans would have resulted in a better situation all around. Surely you can agree to this? 

Speculation relating specifically to the young man who died (THE PD OFFICER): Sure, if ND implemented a ban on evictions like a dozen other states have, the officer absolutely would not have died this week. If ND didn't shut down in the first place, the officer also may not have died. You can't put blame on any party for this, if you desperately want to put fictitious blame on someone, Burgum could have also saved his life by doing absolutely nothing and not enforcing a statewide lockdown. Or perhaps the eviction would have happened sooner and his life would have ended months sooner to that scumbag cop killer. That's why this it is called SPECULATION

47 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I love this so much! Thank you @UND1983

@dynato Nice day out (a little chilly for now) sun is out in Grand Forks, Fargo or wherever you live. Go for a walk and get some sun. It is good for you mentally and physically. Now if you question me on that......

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dynato said:

Sure, if ND implemented a ban on evictions like a dozen other states have, the officer absolutely would not have died this week. If ND didn't shut down in the first place, the officer also may not have died. 

This is 100% factually incorrect.  Eviction in those situations/states were still being served (3 day notices, Eviction Summons/Complaints) the hearing were just being put on hold.  Landlords still issued the (3) days and Complaints to hopefully have the tenants voluntarily vacate the premises.

19 minutes ago, dynato said:

My SPECULATION is if the USA had a collective, actionable, serious, and earlier response to COVID, the USA would be in a leagues better spot economically and health wise. It doesn't matter who the president is, earlier, unified, and defined action by both democrats and republicans would have resulted in a better situation all around. Surely you can agree to this? 

Speculation relating specifically to the young man who died (THE PD OFFICER): Sure, if ND implemented a ban on evictions like a dozen other states have, the officer absolutely would not have died this week. If ND didn't shut down in the first place, the officer also may not have died. You can't put blame on any party for this, if you desperately want to put fictitious blame on someone, Burgum could have also saved his life by doing absolutely nothing and not enforcing a statewide lockdown. Or perhaps the eviction would have happened sooner and his life would have ended months sooner to that scumbag cop killer. That's why this it is called SPECULATION

Today just isn't your day. 

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

This is the definition of "should have reacted sooner".  Lol..... half the town is burned to the ground you moron.

But verified Twitter losers are telling me it's Trump's fault for the CNN crew getting arrested?!?! Why would Walz be apologizing for it?!?!

22 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

This is the definition of "should have reacted sooner".  Lol.....parts of the town are burned to the ground you moron.

Both the Gov., Mayor of Minny, AG of MN, cty of Hennipenn Atty all about 3 days late.  But never let a crisis go to waste.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

NE Journal of Medicine has a take on wearing masks that won't make many here happy.......

I was interested in reading that, is there a link? 

50 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

This is the definition of "should have reacted sooner".  Lol.....parts of the town are burned to the ground you moron.

The best decision made by local and state officials since George Floyd’s death was the arrest of the CNN crew. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

The best decision made by local and state officials since George Floyd’s death was the arrest of the CNN crew. 

To be fair, if a crew came up to me claiming to be from CNN and they were there to report on the news, I'd think they were lying as well.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Goon said:

I was interested in reading that, is there a link? 

'''We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic."

this is what i found regarding the article.  didnt post the whole article, but it was mainly centered on masks in the health care profession.  it was from april

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Both the Gov., Mayor of Minny, AG of MN, cty of Hennipenn Atty all about 3 days late.  But never let a crisis go to waste.

Frey and Freeman are the biggest issues currently. 

Frey just got thrown under the bus several times (and well deserved) during the presser.

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Frey just got thrown under the bus several times (and well deserved)

True.  But the AG of MN had enough from the video to process for an arrest.

19 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Frey just got thrown under the bus several times (and well deserved) during the presser.

lots of finger pointing in that presser...with it being friday this could get really really bad out there.