SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My daughter just showed me a pic off of Twitter of Alyssa Milano wearing a......... crocheted mask! 

You just can't make this s**t up.

Well she is a deranged dingbat so it’s understandable 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Random thoughts: 

CA saying all mail in election because polling stations would not be safe. So why not put polling stations in Costco and grocery and gas stations and Walmart? They’re safe enough to be open ... right?

I have two close relatives on the front lines of this. One is intern in Boston area hospital; one is nursing director of ND care center for elderly. The one flew back to ND recently and back to MA and said why not. She said demographics matter and she’s not in a target group and doesn’t work with target groups. The other looked at me and said based on my age and health status find something else to worry about. But both say this virus is “lazy” meaning it’s taking the old and the weak, and not much else.

Would it be wrong to say Mother Nature is doing some pruning? Before you jump on me, I still have two close relatives in ND memory care facilities. I don’t want them to have to go alone. To me that’s the hardest part of all of this is the loneliness, for both the isolated living, and the dying. 

• Upvote 4

I would be fine with no mask shaming either way.  If people feel better with them on, more power to them.  In the same token people that decide to wear them, shouldn’t cast judgement on those that choose not to wear them.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Random thoughts: 

CA saying all mail in election because polling stations would not be safe. So why not put polling stations in Costco and grocery and gas stations and Walmart? They’re safe enough to be open ... right?

Reminds me of the people holding church in Walmarts because its safer there! :D

1 minute ago, tnt said:

I would be fine with no mask shaming either way.  If people feel better with them on, more power to them.  In the same token people that decide to wear them, shouldn’t cast judgement on those that choose not to wear them.

I honestly can see shaming for not wearing one based on the climate we are in.  But see no reason to shame somebody FOR wearing one.  They can do whatever the hell they want when it comes to that.

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I honestly can see shaming for not wearing one based on the climate we are in.  But see no reason to shame somebody FOR wearing one.  They can do whatever the hell they want when it comes to that.

Because they are doing wonders in the assisted living homes.

• Upvote 1

Just saw an interesting sentiment: 

All lives are equally valuable; all life ends in death; but, all deaths are not equally tragic.

As I’ve already said I lost my mother to Alzheimer’s in March in a home that is now infected. I’m happy I could be with her to the end. A week later and she would have been alone because of full lock down. 

The folks dying in homes, the tragedy isn’t the death, but that they died alone. 

• Upvote 4

Thru May 16 CDC lists 15 deaths (COVID and COVID/pneumonia) for those 14 years of age and younger. 60M are in the age bracket and nothing for them to do this summer.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

That has nothing to do with what I wrote.

So we should shame people that don’t wear something that has shown not to be effective in environments where they are required.

16 minutes ago, tnt said:

So we should shame people that don’t wear something that has shown not to be effective in environments where they are required.

Do whatever you want.  I was merely saying there is zero reason to shame somebody for wearing one.

• Upvote 1

To make an effert to shame someone for wearing a mask is an absolute karen & chad move. Just rediculous.

wanna wear a mask... wear a damn mask, i don't care, if it makes it so i dont have to smell a persons terrible nasty breath... we all win.

wear a mask if you want... wear a cape if you want....drape yourself in velvet if you so choose.... 

bonus festivous points for wearing a velvet mask with the velvet bodysuit and velvet cape.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

There should be zero reason to shame those who don’t wear one, as well. 

I agree there should be no reason. But then we have this...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/05/21/trump-refuses-to-wear-a-face-mask-during-tour-of-ford-facility-in-michigan/amp/

and this...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1195611

who has politicized mask wearing?

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Judging by your links, it appears the media has. 

• Upvote 2

Has the media spotted Trump out and about wearing white clothing before Memorial Day officially opens the white-wear season?  I’ve been watching MSNBC carefully for breaking news updates!  

But, hey, nice to see Chris Cuomo breaking out the giant COVID-19 swab for some giggles and laughter while interviewing his brother the other day.  Now THAT’s some outstanding journalism right there!  

• Upvote 2

Shaming for anything disgusts me.  Mob mentality.  Gutless.  Extremely easy behind a computer keyboard too...

it amazes me how many people’s mindsets have never left junior high.  The social media movement simply encouraged that.  

wish the iPhone had never been invented...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, keikla said:

How dare he step away from the media standard constant doom and gloom to add a little stupid humor to the situation.

Now imagine Trump doing the same thing...and the subsequent outrage from the media.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic