SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

18 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

We will never agree, because I don’t believe it is the responsibility of the government nor the citizens to do everything in our power to protect people at all costs.  If I believed that, I would ban guns, ban cars, ban alcohol, ban tobacco, ban fire, ban knives, ban swimming pools, ban bears, ban sharks.  

start the sunscreen police next.  Don’t eat meat.  Etc.

its a cruel world and some people lose and some people die.

guns come with background checks, cars come with speed limits and seat belts, alcohol comes with limits you can’t drive drunk and you can’t be an idiot in public, tobacco well there’s an age limit, there’s such thing as burn bans when it’s windy, there’s lifeguards at pools, and you there’s times you don’t want to swim in the ocean when the sharks are in right?

Would you like to see seatbelts removed from vehicles? How about no speed limits on the road? Get rid of the age limit on tobacco  or let Marlboro start marketing to kids again? Lessened dui penalties? 

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Would you consider your right to be out without a mask a civil liberty?  Your right to socialize in a bar? How about your right to operate a business with a high number of employees in unsafe conditions? Even if all of the above are liberties, considering the situation shouldn’t we just do the right thing? Those patriots you mention gave up their liberties so we could have them. Why do we have the me first attitude now?

We have 1500 people per day dying from covid right now in our country and many are a little concerned of what this number will look like a month from now. How many covid deaths per day is suitable before we start scaling back again?

They wear masks in assisted living homes, yet you say they aren’t being protected. You say there is plenty to do to protect them, but I have posed the question no less than three times and you have not expounded on your ideas on how to protect them.  

For those that are obsessed with hating Trump, I hope you realize that the states that are solidly in his corner come November are already open.  NY and CA can do whatever they want because their vote is already known.  However, for Trump to win again taking states like Michigan and Wisconsin will go a long way.  And the whiny b*tch governor's in those states are making it awfully easy for people to vote Trump when they see their leaders constantly moving the goalposts and making arbitrary decisions like visiting the Home Depot is fine but kids playing baseball isn't 

• Upvote 3

Essentia Health, with hospitals and clinics in ND, MN and WI, is permanently laying off 6% of its workforce. Affects around 900 employees. 

Please keep flattening the curve not to overwhelm the healthcare systems......

As reported by KVLY News the ER at Sanford hospital in Fargo is reporting a doubling in domestic abuse and child abuse cases since the pandemic started.

47 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

guns come with background checks, cars come with speed limits and seat belts, alcohol comes with limits you can’t drive drunk and you can’t be an idiot in public, tobacco well there’s an age limit, there’s such thing as burn bans when it’s windy, there’s lifeguards at pools, and you there’s times you don’t want to swim in the ocean when the sharks are in right?

Would you like to see seatbelts removed from vehicles? How about no speed limits on the road? Get rid of the age limit on tobacco  or let Marlboro start marketing to kids again? Lessened dui penalties? 

Reasonable standards are fine, same with covid.  Driving drunk implies you’ve been drinking.  I am known to have two drinks and drive home, with my family in the car.  I’ve been known to have more than that with no driving involved.  I dont pound a half rack and drive.  Same should apply to Covid.  I have no reason to believe I am impaired, therefore I will go about my business.

8 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I think it's important that we call out who's responsible for this mess and not just complain about it.    Trump and his movement's legacy (whether he wins or loses in November) will be a few hundred thousand dead Americans and a destroyed economy because he couldn't be bothered to do his job.   He and his supporters have weakened this country immeasurably and I'm not sorry that pointing it out hurts your feelings. 

You need concussion protocol. Holy smokes. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

IMO still doesn't make it the right thing to do.......regardless if it's Trump or Walz.

But I see what you're trying to do here.

11 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Reasonable standards are fine, same with covid.  Driving drunk implies you’ve been drinking.  I am known to have two drinks and drive home, with my family in the car.  I’ve been known to have more than that with no driving involved.  I dont pound a half rack and drive.  Same should apply to Covid.  I have no reason to believe I am impaired, therefore I will go about my business.

Totally reasonable and I agree. But with covid you could be asymptomatic, so extra measures should be taken. 

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Totally reasonable and I agree. But with covid you could be asymptomatic, so extra measures should be taken. 

Again what are those extra measures? Specifically speaking about those who are asymptomatic.

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Do you always get eight hours of sleep before getting behind the wheel? If not, you should never drive under those circumstances. You know, extra measures of precaution and all. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Was LM wind providing safe conditions? Smithfield? How about Tyson?

If a survival rate of over 99.7% for infected workers in your worst case scenario isn’t good enough I don’t know why you’d ever venture out of your mom’s basement. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Again what are those extra measures? Specifically speaking about those who are asymptomatic.

We could start by working to eliminate the outbreaks at large gatherings and plants. But that drum’s getting too old to beat on.

4 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

If a survival rate of over 99.7% for infected workers in your worst case scenario isn’t good enough I don’t know why you’d ever venture out of your mom’s basement. 

How’d you come up with 99.7 because the death rate from the LM infection was worse?

And how many more vulnerable were infected and have passed because of those avoidable outbreaks?

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

We start by working to eliminate the outbreaks at large gatherings and plants. But that drum’s getting too old to beat on.

Great.......but how? What are your extra measures if many in those situations above are asymptomatic?

What are your measures to contain everyone that is infected but is asymptomatic in any environment?

You will wear your mask and like it in Minnesota. 

Masks will be required indoors in Minneapolis. Mayor Frey signed an order Thursday. St. Paul is thinking about it.

Minneapolis will require everyone over age 2 to wear a mask or face covering in indoor public spaces starting Tuesday in response to the city reopening amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Mayor Jacob Frey signed an order Thursday afternoon requiring the covering of your nose and mouth at all “indoor spaces of public accommodation” until further notice. The order, believed to be the first in Minnesota, will affect stores, malls, businesses, skyways and any other places where everyday people are allowed to pass.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Great.......but how? What are your extra measures if many in those situations above are asymptomatic?

What are your measures to contain everyone that is infected but is asymptomatic in any environment?

We could ask the guy from economic development call and check on the situation. He has the best relationship with the plant manager so sounds like a great plan. 

Seriously though? Stop packing people into places like sardines. Provide and require ppe to be used. Maybe even require the sick to stay home rather than encouraging them to come in to work. 

Mask wearing could go a long way too, but that might infringe on people’s civil liberties.