SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

$500 billion of potential wages, unemployment benefits and other aid sitting on the sidelines with Mnuchin until Trump can fire all of the people charged with overseeing how it's spent and funnel it into Trump org.   Nothing to see here.

Just stop, please for everyone's sake, especially your own.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Have you seen what Spain has found with their antibody testing? They are figuring 5% of their population has been infected and their death rate per capita exceeds the US. In other words, this could suck for a long time. 

For people that are vulnerable to it, yep.  What we are doing now needs to stop soon.  The way everyone is bitching it apparently isn't working anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

With 39M unemployed that's what you bring to the table. The way these payments/checks have been distributed hasn't been without issues (ask MM) but you really need to play a different card once in awhile.

Do you ever look in the mirror and say "wow I am really an a****le"? Or does your wife just tell you that daily???

I think it's important that we call out who's responsible for this mess and not just complain about it.    Trump and his movement's legacy (whether he wins or loses in November) will be a few hundred thousand dead Americans and a destroyed economy because he couldn't be bothered to do his job.   He and his supporters have weakened this country immeasurably and I'm not sorry that pointing it out hurts your feelings. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I think it's important that we call out who's responsible for this mess and not just complain about it.    Trump and his movement's legacy (whether he wins or loses in November) will be a few hundred thousand dead Americans and a destroyed economy because he couldn't be bothered to do his job.   He and his supporters have weakened this country immeasurably and I'm not sorry that pointing it out hurts your feelings. 

Hahaha.  Have a bad day.  

On 5/16/2020 at 7:54 PM, yzerman19 said:

I have nothing to do with KY or Mitch McConnell...I live in California

But I guess you have everything to do with NY? And I just picked KY because I enjoy irony.

Any my apologies for responding to a days old post. I only come here every 5 days or so and read the last page, just to get some levity at the same old tired posters writing the same old tired comments. I guess if you post thousands of times that somehow makes you important, or interesting, or omniscient. Peace out my Sioux Brethren! Remember when this used to be a sports site!!! Ah, the good ol' days...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

But I guess you have everything to do with NY? And I just picked KY because I enjoy irony.

Any my apologies for responding to a days old post. I only come here every 5 days or so and read the last page, just to get some levity at the same old tired posters writing the same old tired comments. I guess if you post thousands of times that somehow makes you important, or interesting, or omniscient. Peace out my Sioux Brethren! Remember when this used to be a sports site!!! Ah, the good ol' days...

I did live in NY, and I have business interests in NY and NJ...and I’m in healthcare...

i hear you on when this was about sports...

12 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

Thanks for swinging by.  #blessed

BTW, there aren't any sports going on because of the topic of this thread soooooo....

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

For people that are vulnerable to it, yep.  What we are doing now needs to stop soon.  The way everyone is bitching it apparently isn't working anyway.

What are we doing now? Apparently we are all vulnerable, no?

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Keeping kids at home, cancelling events and activities, etc. We are all vulnerable to getting it, yah.  To dying...nope. 

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Have you seen what Spain has found with their antibody testing? They are figuring 5% of their population has been infected and their death rate per capita exceeds the US. In other words, this could suck for a long time. 

I guess I just took the news of seven really old, vulnerable people not even getting sick from it, along with 13 others also not showing any symptoms, was a good thing.    My bad.

maybe it’s because there’s no Spaniards in Mayville?  

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

We know so much more about this than we did 2 months ago.  

it is very contagious person to person, but not really from contaminated surfaces.

it is highly lethal if you are older than 70.

it is lethal if you are north of 50 with health conditions.

Lethality is close to zero for kids (much better than flu)

lethality looks like normal flu between 25-50, underlying conditions increase severity.

traditional immune systems builders tend to help as per any ailment:  take your daily multi-vitamin, eat healthy foods, get outside and exercise.

hospital treatments not a panacea- no silver bullet, but people are getting lucky.

HCQ now the most debated 20 cent generic on the planet.

anti-virals and IVIG therapies all being tested and administered with random efficacy.

Ace2 meds Still being investigated.

99.97% of people in US neither dead nor critical.

jeffrey Epstein didn’t kill himself 

Emphasis on Epstein.

29 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

For once answer the question, why are the people most protected dying?   They are ruining the lives of 99 percent of the population to try and protect the vulnerable, and guess what it isn't working.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

You're delusional. 2 months ago millions were predicted to die in the US. Hasn't even come close. Trump must be doing something right. And ALL the blame lies solely  with China.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, tnt said:

For once answer the question, why are the people most protected dying?   They are ruining the lives of 99 percent of the population to try and protect the vulnerable, and guess what it isn't working.   

Maybe because we are failing at protecting them? No $hit it’s not working, so what do you suggest is done about it?

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe because we are failing at protecting them? No $hit it’s not working, so what do you suggest is done about it?

Until we get a rapid result test that's both accurate and widely available, there's probably not much more that can be done. Has anybody read anything about the timeline for that being available? 

2 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Trump and his movement's legacy (whether he wins or loses in November) will be a few hundred thousand dead Americans and a destroyed economy because he couldn't be bothered to do his job.   He and his supporters have weakened this country immeasurably and I'm not sorry that pointing it out hurts your feelings. 

Wow, you really need to seek help. This virus came to us from China, they hid information about the virus. But, in your world, you hatred for President Trump had made you very petty. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

Wow, you really need to seek help. This virus came to us from China, they hid information about the virus. But, in your world, you hatred for President Trump had made you very petty. 

It's sad and pathetic to see people do this.  But what is even worse is seeing democratic "leaders" act the same way.  Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real thing.  Blaming all the problems of the country on him and taking zero responsibility for your own actions is an irresponsible and dangerous way to live you life. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

There is no great answer to this question, and certainly not an answer which will appease folks with your mindset.   The human condition always wins.  Some of us are vulnerable, some are not.  Killing countless others as a byproduct of this mess. and killing the economy in a feeble attempt to save some folks that unfortunately can't be saved makes zero sense.  We are taking all reasonable steps to protect the vulnerable.  We were dealt a bad hand, we still need to play it.

Tack on another covid death.  An acquaintance took his own life last week as an absolutely result of this mess. Small business owner who employed several family members.  All went to crap, but nobody cares about that...

14 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

No rational person let’s the ship sink when you can seal 2% of the crew behind the hatch and stay seaworthy.

Given that comment, what do you think the motivation for someone like Walz to make the decisions he is, knowing that it will continue to hurt the economy of his state? It obviously isn't to push his poll numbers up. Clearly there is something driving these decisions as a politician's job rely on their consitutents approving of their job.

59 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I wasn't the one that was insinuating that people that wanted the economy open didn't care about the vulnerable.  Now you are telling me there is no way to protect them. Ironic.