SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

This is going to be brutal. Campus, and the country really, may not recover for a long time. Hysteria reigns. 

When people are riddled with ongoing fear and anxiety due to the continued hysteria then throw in them not being able to earn a living because we are all at home watching reruns of The Bachelor.........it will get ugly. Bernie Bros might get an up close view of Venezuela Lite in this country soon.

11 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The scientists say their best guess is 800,000 adults in the USA will die from the coronavirus.

Dont worry I'll check in a year or two to see how accurate they were.

But I'm suppose to also make a guess? Haha

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'll guess.......it won't be anywhere close to that death total.

So 20,000 have died from the flu this season. And now they’re predicting 800,000 for this? That’s 40 times the amount of people.

Get outta here. This is ridiculous.

Just now, Gene4Hawks said:

I can see a real chance where they dont have a tournament at all. It would then come down to the regular season poll #1 to determine a natty champ. We could already be champs boys!!!!!!!

It'd go to Cornell if they use the poll.
They would have reason to be elated with that news, being that it's the only way they'll come close to a national title this season.  :) 

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

It'd go to Cornell if they use the poll.
They would have reason to be elated with that news, being that it's the only way they'll come close to a national title this season.  :) 

Shoot I was thinking pairwise. Well at least we can be proud of our season if it comes to that!!

1 minute ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Rather than canceling every event, why not let responsible adults choose whether they will attend? FWIW, the governor of Washington has decreed that there will be no gatherings of more than 250 people in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties. That includes about 80% of the population of the state. 

1st amendment right to assemble is just a suggestion now? Freedom of religion would also be restricted at any large church/mosque/etc.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

1st amendment right to assemble is just a suggestion now? Freedom of religion would also be restricted at any large church/mosque/etc.

In "emergencies" they throw all rules and laws out the window.

Essentially when it's needed most.

Biz, you get the Thrashers joke yet?

I work for a financial services firm with upwards of 25,000 employees, 5,000 of them on my campus here in Denver. They won’t let us attend the NCAA hockey or basketball tournament but I bet sure as sh*t I have to go to work each and every day. 

UND sent out long email with a few links.     In short:

UND Faculty and Staff, 

You may have heard about  ---   Covid 19 and Spring Flooding
UND is prepared to continue to finish the semister, ........

We also want you to be informed and prepared. Should circumstances change, UND will communicate this to you by phone, text, email

13 minutes ago, Gene4Hawks said:

I dont think right to assemble applys to private property there big guy.

I'm not referring to sporting events. I'm referring to the Washington governor issuing a proclamation that people can't assemble anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, LeftyZL said:

So 20,000 have died from the flu this season. And now they’re predicting 800,000 for this? That’s 40 times the amount of people.

Get outta here. This is ridiculous.

Up to 150 million Americans are expected to contract the coronavirus

Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will become infected with COVID-19, NBC News reported Wednesday.

Infectious disease experts say the virus so far appears to be deadlier and more contagious than the seasonal flu, with many experts and U.S. health officials saying the mortality rate is likely somewhere around 1%, making it at least 10 times as lethal as the flu. Marc Lipsitch, professor of epidemiology at Harvard, said earlier this month that he thinks about 40% to 70% of the world’s population could become infected with the virus, and of those, 1% will die.

.01 x 70 mill.

.01 x 150 mill.

Between 700,000 and 1,500,000 people in the USA will die from the Coronavirus.

You gotta trust the experts man!

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic