SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

18 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Fortunately, there are plenty of other ways to provide for people in a time like this and none of them involve billion dollar payouts to companies that have shown they don't care about their employees. 

It's incredible how predictable the responses from the Fox news watching contingent are. 

I couldn’t care less about my $1,200...I’m just happy that the Kennedy Center is being funded in this difficult time.

As to your last point, I haven’t watched a Fox News episode in quite some time, but please, go on...

BTW, southpaw, have you and Brian Williams figured out how much each American would get if we took away Bloomberg’s $500 million and distributed it to 330 million people or are you still crunching the numbers?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Why are there only two options? Why do we just accept horribly run companies as necessary? Why do we need to bail out airline companies a decade after doing it last time? Because they took advantage of the help offered. It was "me first" to them and their shareholders.

The cruise companies that flag their ships outside of the US to avoid paying US taxes don't deserve a bailout to keep them afloat.

Agreed.  But the cruise ships aren't getting one, are they? 

Just now, MafiaMan said:

I couldn’t care less about my $1,200...I’m just happy that the Kennedy Center is being funded in this difficult time.

As to you last point, I haven’t watched a Fox News episode in quite some time, but please, go on...

BTW, southpaw, have you and Brian Williams figured out how much each American would get if we took away Bloomberg’s $500 million and distributed it to 330 million people or are you still crunching the numbers?  

Not being able to do quick math on live TV isn't the worst offense there is. Stupid, yes but there's lots of stupid people who are good at talking on TV.

And I agree the Kennedy Center shouldn't have recieved that extra funding. 

11 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Not being able to do quick math on live TV isn't the worst offense there is. Stupid, yes but there's lots of stupid people who are good at talking on TV.

:lol:  Quick math?  That’s what you’re going with?  Bloomberg could have made every single American a millionaire and had $170 million leftover?  “Quick math.” That’s hilarious!  

29 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

:lol:  Quick math?  That’s what you’re going with?  Bloomberg could have made every single American a millionaire and had $170 million leftover?  “Quick math.” That’s hilarious!  

I agree it was a stupid segment and him and his guest were dumb.

It happened more than a month ago, so I'm curious why it matters? 

A few weeks ago you posted it in an attempt to rebut open racists, sexists and xenophobes at a Trump rally. 

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

I agree it was a stupid segment and him and his guest were dumb.

It happened more than a month ago, so I'm curious why it matters? 

Brush it under the rug.  Had Trump spouted that off on live TV, he would be the laughingstock of the world.  

Whatever fits your narrative, comrade...

• Upvote 1

It all comes down to if

d says it black,’r says it’s white

they can’t come to a shade of gray and get it done anymore

back in the day that was done during the day and at night after a beer together things got done

im just concerned how much the deficit is going to ballon with this and no plan to pay it back, 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Brush it under the rug.  Had Trump spouted that off on live TV, he would be the laughingstock of the world.  

Whatever fits your narrative, comrade...

Here's a hint... there is no "would be." He already is the laughingstock of the world.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

It all comes down to if

d says it black,’r says it’s white

they can’t come to a shade of gray and get it done anymore

back in the day that was done during the day and at night after a beer together things got done

im just concerned how much the deficit is going to ballon with this and no plan to pay it back, 

Why are you suddenly concerned about the defecit? It's been rising since 2017.

Screenshot_20200412-164806_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/new-york

The has changed already and confidence level in shaded area is huge.  Or lack of confidence is more like CYA.

image.png.fa13ea447f8d6021631b9191c6d24074.png

Sure the confidence interval is huge, much like any model. Looks like after May 1st, there are zero new fatalities in New York and Corona is wiped off the face of the earth. Do you find this at all realistic? 

39 minutes ago, dynato said:

image.png.fa13ea447f8d6021631b9191c6d24074.png

Sure the confidence interval is huge, much like any model. Looks like after May 1st, there are zero new fatalities in New York and Corona is wiped off the face of the earth. Do you find this at all realistic? 

Keep that thought.  Check the results May 1st, June 1st, and July 1st.  You will see the model is BS.  GIGO

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I thought you would have taken offense to that post.

"Anybody=Everybody"

Blah blah blah.  Feel free to take this to PM, old timer.  I don’t want to bore others here with your petty sniping at me.  

• Upvote 1