SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

No win situation here

no fans and no one is sick fans are mad

have fans and someone gets sick the lawsuits start

do they have to start taking the temps of all fans now too before entering, I guess we will need new scanners with virus detection when you come in the door

• Upvote 1

Tough luck for the boys in our locker room - every game is a home game for them (this time of year in particular), and I'm sure they'll miss having green and white cheering them on no matter what rink they'll be playing in.

However, it is what it is. The decision makers are starting to make hard decisions, and the rest of this pandemic will play out at a micro-level. Most of us aren't going to be the ones closing schools, cancelling flights, and initiating the other societal impacts we're all going to endure. But the way these impacts can be minimized (with respect to severity of the infections/fatalities) is for each of us to follow the advice of the CDC. This requires buy-in, and is the most bi-partisan thing in the world. Infectious disease is not political.

• Isolate if sick w/ symptoms
  • Call your doctor/clinic/hospital first before flooding the ER 
  • Wash hands/clean surfaces regularly
  • Minimize unneeded contact w/ others
  • Avoid large gatherings 
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regardless if you think this virus will infect/kill 100000/10000 or 50M/50K we are continuing to erode society on a daily basis as we all know it. Less personal interaction. Less stability and security. More fear and hysteria.

Who is going to be surprised when secondary medical issues from this crisis like depression, anxiety, panic attacks, suicide, physical/domestic abuse, alcohol and drug abuse become other major issues needing to be addressed in the big picture? Throw in the increasing potential economic decline and instability..........civil unrest isn't out of the question.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Tough luck for the boys in our locker room - every game is a home game for them (this time of year in particular), and I'm sure they'll miss having green and white cheering them on no matter what rink they'll be playing in.

However, it is what it is. The decision makers are starting to make hard decisions, and the rest of this pandemic will play out at a micro-level. Most of us aren't going to be the ones closing schools, cancelling flights, and initiating the other societal impacts we're all going to endure. But the way these impacts can be minimized (with respect to severity of the infections/fatalities) is for each of us to follow the advice of the CDC. This requires buy-in, and is the most bi-partisan thing in the world. Infectious disease is not political.

• Isolate if sick w/ symptoms
  • Call your doctor/clinic/hospital first before flooding the ER 
  • Wash hands/clean surfaces regularly
  • Minimize unneeded contact w/ others
  • Avoid large gatherings 

BA3ED6C3-501E-4B97-906F-8E42998B1005.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Big Ten just announced on the broadcast that today is the last and only day fans allowed at the basketball tourney.  

Really sucks for those in route or those that just got there.  It's only the two play in games today.

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

There was a global pandemic in 2005.

Bird flu pandemic 'could kill 150m'

Fast forward 15 years...

Less than 500 people have died worldwide.

Oops. Guess they were a little off on those projections.

I always love hindsight geniuses. I’d love to see anyone who talks all kinds of !@#$ about these disease control scientists make a prediction about a novel virus and it’s potential impact world wide. 

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Big Ten just announced on the broadcast that today is the last and only day fans allowed at the basketball tourney.  

Really sucks for those in route or those that just got there.  It's only the two play in games today.

Add Big 12 as doing the same.

So when my kid is told not to come back to UND after spring break next week for the rest of the school year does UND reimburse me for room and board since she's on the dorm and on the meal plan???

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I always love hindsight geniuses. I’d love to see anyone who talks all kinds of !@#$ about these disease control scientists make a prediction about a novel virus and it’s potential impact world wide. 

What?

I'm not a scientist.

I'm just pointing out what the scientists said.

And then seeing how accurate they were.

And here I thought you liked facts.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So when my kid is told not to come back to UND after spring break next week for the rest of the school year does UND reimburse me for room and board since she's on the dorm and on the meal plan???

This is going to be brutal. Campus, and the country really, may not recover for a long time. Hysteria reigns. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The scientists say their best guess is 800,000 adults in the USA will die from the coronavirus.

Dont worry I'll check in a year or two to see how accurate they were.

But I'm suppose to also make a guess? Haha

I'll guess.......it won't be anywhere close to that death total.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic