SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This government has the duty to protect its citizens.  Where do you think our tax money is going?  More than half of all federal discretionary spending is aimed at self-defense, whose testicles spread to all facets of protection.  

Can government protect people from all harm?  Get real, never gonna happen.  However people should demand a competent, prepared and professional effort from all governmental entities in attempting as such.           

Okay I will bite, did you mean testicles or tentacles (the more commonly used analogy)?

8 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Okay I will bite, did you mean testicles or tentacles (the more commonly used analogy)?

Ha!  Nice catch. That's hilarious.  Of course I meant Tentacles. Don't know if it was auto-correct, or my mind was in the gutter.   

• Upvote 1

Jobless claims at 6.61M today. New record. Roughly 16.5M out of work since this crisis started. Real life lives being destroyed.

Let this soak in...1100 times as many people have lost their jobs vs those that have died from COVID as of this morning.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Jobless claims at 6.6M today. ROughly 16.5M out of work since this crisis started. Real life lives being destroyed.

Let this soak in...1100 times as many people have lost their jobs vs those that have died from COVID as of this morning.

TSA screened 97000 people yesterday nationwide. A 95% drop from this time last year 2.1 million. 

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

Would it be better if those #'s were reversed?

IIRC you're in your 70s so you can stay at home as long at you want. Society would be better served from it. That's a ridiculous question from someone who sees this a single issue crisis.

• Upvote 2

On 4/6/2020 at 12:57 PM, bison73 said:

Ive never seen a site that closes down threads like this one.

Get positive in these challenging times. Wash your hands of the negativity.

This may not be the thread you posted in, but SS.com is bringing us all together in this 5G Mother Load thread. 
Have something good to post, let us have it.  Keep safe!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I'm grateful you have not had any of your loved ones stricken with the virus.

Infected or died? People get sick all the time. I know multiple people "stricken" from this virus. 

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

IIRC you're in your 70s so you can stay at home as long at you want. Society would be better served from it. That's a ridiculous question from someone who sees this a single issue crisis.

I happen to be employed and work 40 hours per week.

13 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Minnesota has the least # per capita of individuals testing positive for the virus than any other state in the nation.

Living in Minnesota it is well known that if you have symptoms they do not waste a test on you they just send you home. Just saying that the # of people testing positive is not a good measure.

7 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I'm grateful you have not had any of your loved ones stricken with the virus.

You realize you're projecting "what-if possibilities" and Oxbow is communicating reality - what is actually happening. Fear of the unknown has driven people to the point of lunacy. 

Zero compassion for those actually affected by this.  

15 hours ago, UND1983 said:

SHOCKING: MN Sen & Dr. @drscottjensen said that he received a 7 pg doc from @mnhealth to fill out death certificates with a diagnosis of #COVID-19 whether the person actually died from COVID-19 or not.  

Why is #MN inflating COVID-19 death numbers? https://t.co/llvHDoIMGH

Minnesota is inflating the #'?

Minnesota has the least # per capita of indidividuals testing positive than any other state in the nation.

32 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Jobless claims at 6.61M today. New record. Roughly 16.5M out of work since this crisis started. Real life lives being destroyed.

What's the acceptable number of deaths from this? What actions do you think should have been taken and in what places?

8 minutes ago, southpaw said:

What's the acceptable number of deaths from this? What actions do you think should have been taken and in what places?

Those are good questions.......I don't have the answers. What I do know is this current environment is not sustainable much past 4/30. You're a projections type guy........34-47M unemployed is the projection when this has blown over.

Question......is 34M out of work a fair trade off for 60K+ deaths when 94.1% of those 60K+ death are people over 70 years old??? Again I don't have the answer for that but I'm sure you do.

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

What's the acceptable number of job losses for you?  Does completely shattering the record for previous job losses do it?  

Once again, the MASSIVE job loss numbers are actual reality. The other is a minuscule number that is less than what happens every year in various other forms of death and will probably fall in line with all the other diseases/viruses/flus when its all said and done.  

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

TSA screened 97000 people yesterday nationwide. A 95% drop from this time last year 2.1 million. 

I don't think the federal money will be able to save all the airlines, especially those outside the big four domestic.    

Maybe this has been said before, don't have time to scroll thu all the pages, but here is my take:

These numbers of people dying from COVID-19 are grossly over inflated.  The biggest reason why is they are counting everyone that dies WITH COVID-19 ad a Coronavirus death.  Not necessarily people who died FROM COVID-19.  See the difference?  If a stage 4 cancer patient who was given 2 moths to live in February dies today and they do a test and find out they have COVID-19, that goes as a coronavirus death.  If an 80 year old man in a nursing home dies from a heart attack today and they run a test and find out he had COVID-19, it goes a coronavirus death.  These hospitals are doing a disservice to everyone reporting these deaths as Coronavirus deaths.  The overwhelming majority of COVID-19 deaths are people with some other pre existing conditions.  Hospitals need to report the primary cause of death.  If they did, the number of actual COVID-19 deaths would be drastically lower.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I don't think the federal money will be able to save all the airlines, especially those outside the big four domestic.    

The Airports are also getting hit hard with very few landing/takeoffs.  This is a tragedy.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Maybe this has been said before, don't have time to scroll thu all the pages, but here is my take:

These numbers of people dying from COVID-19 are grossly over inflated.  The biggest reason why is they are counting everyone that dies WITH COVID-19 ad a Coronavirus death.  Not necessarily people who died FROM COVID-19.  See the difference?  If a stage 4 cancer patient who was given 2 moths to live in February dies today and they do a test and find out they have COVID-19, that goes as a coronavirus death.  If an 80 year old man in a nursing home dies from a heart attack today and they run a test and find out he had COVID-19, it goes a coronavirus death.  These hospitals are doing a disservice to everyone reporting these deaths as Coronavirus deaths.  The overwhelming majority of COVID-19 deaths are people with some other pre existing conditions.  Hospitals need to report the primary cause of death.  If they did, the number of actual COVID-19 deaths would be drastically lower.

Follow the money.  Hospitals receive more money for a Covid-19 death.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2