SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The only confinement orders are those coming from those select states.

That's why it's legal go to in public in ND with the Coronavirus (if you did not come from those states).

This is a communicable disease confinement order. If you are infected this also applies to you.

39 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

This is a communicable disease confinement order. If you are infected this also applies to you.

Burgum has not declared an order for that.

You have to declare and sign a "confinement order."

They has only ordered one of those in ND.

And its travel related.

They hope and recommend confinement if you test positive.

But not currently prisonable offense by the government.

16 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

https://apple.news/ArKIChFFDSQGPIS7dDQ7YRw

Companies to deduct stimulus money from employee paychecks.

The idea sounds so Trump-like!

Care to comment on the Kennedy Center’s plans for their employees now that they’re receiving a $25 million check from Joe Taxpayer?  I suppose Trump’s to blame for that, too...

• Upvote 1

Wish the worldmeter website has a three or four day rolling average so one could easily see when the inflection point is occuring.

Quick glance it looks like that point is nearing or has already occured for Italys new daily cases.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's very alarming.....and I completely agree.

For some perspective though if I may........worldwide as of this morning it has been 19 weeks since first confirmed case in China. The world is average 240 deaths per week over that time frame and that is with a death rate of 4.7%. That 240 is about 170 less deaths per week (estimated) than the flu season in this country.

Also the current death rate in the US is 1.8% which is still high. 10 weeks since confirmed outbreak in US...... average weekly deaths is currently at 32.

See above.........SD has one death. Go ahead and call them for an explanation

Good to see you're moving the goalposts. 

As a doctor, I'd like to think you know how epidemics work and that averaging out deaths over the full length of time is ridiculous until it's over.

The average weekly death rate in the US tells us nothing other than it was slow to start and gets worse over time, just like any pandemic or even the flu season. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

0.008% of SD residents have been infected.

0.27% of NY state residents have been infected.

Most populated state CA has 0.014% infectious rate.

None of those stats are accurate. Instead of saying infected, it should say have tested positive. 

NY is testing more people than SD and CA. If you can't test less than 1/5 of the people who have symptoms, your numbers of positive tests will always be low. 

21 minutes ago, southpaw said:

None of those stats are accurate. Instead of saying infected, it should say have tested positive. 

NY is testing more people than SD and CA. If you can't test less than 1/5 of the people who have symptoms, your numbers of positive tests will always be low. 

The statistics are accurate. My verbage was not. My wording should been better as to say confirmed cases.....you are definitely correct there.

As of yesterday morning 2.87% of those tested in ND were confirmed positive. Probably slightly higher today with new cases.

8 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Good to see you're moving the goalposts. 

As a doctor, I'd like to think you know how epidemics work and that averaging out deaths over the full length of time is ridiculous until it's over.

The average weekly death rate in the US tells us nothing other than it was slow to start and gets worse over time, just like any pandemic or even the flu season. 

19 weeks is a long time. 240 is alarming but still a lot less than 400.

39 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Wish the worldmeter website has a three or four day rolling average so one could easily see when the inflection point is occuring.

Quick glance it looks like that point is nearing or has already occured for Italys new daily cases.

Click on Italy.  A graph of daily cases and deaths will show up.  Italy maybe be starting to level off but still too early to know for sure.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Burgum has not declared an order for that.

You have to declare and sign a "confinement order."

They has only ordered one of those in ND.

And its travel related.

They hope and recommend confinement if you test positive.

But not currently prisonable offense by the government.

Have you read the century code? 23-07.6

San Francisco Chronicle reported this morning that the state of CA had 21M N95 masked stock piled.

All of them are expired. All of them surpassed it's wear-by date.

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

San Francisco Chronicle reported this morning that the state of CA had 21M N95 masked stock piled.

Nancy Pelosi continues to impress with her preparedness and leadership.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Have you read the century code? 23-07.6

Yes.

I'm not sure you understand that for the century code to apply in this situation a violation of a declared confinement order needs to take place.

You know the state has only issued a signed ("written directive") confinement order for travelers right?

18 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Interesting........I have heard a number of people with similar symptoms from late November to early January. Main symptoms........fatigue and cough.

Most of those got influenza testing that was of course negative

This is spot on what I had for three weeks in November. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Luckily all the state that have stockpiles of expired masks only need to staple a new elastic band on them. 

N95 masks really don't expire in terms of their functionality. The only part that is subject to damage over time are the elastic bands that attach the mask to the user's face, which can be damaged by sunlight," Dr. John Balmes, professor of environmental health science at Berkeley Public Health, told Business Insider in an email. 

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Yes.

I'm not sure you understand that for the century code to apply in this situation a violation of a declared confinement order needs to take place.

You know the state has only issued a signed ("written directive") confinement order for travelers right?

I’m pretty sure this gives the state legal right to write a confinement order over anyone that is infected.

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Burgum’s statistical model predicts, worst case scenario, 20% of state population could become infected over an 18 month period.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/5015066-Burgum-asks-Trump-to-declare-major-disaster-for-North-Dakota-unlock-federal-aid

Very low confidence.    But good enough for govt money.

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

Very low confidence.    But good enough for govt money.

We have 275 or so vents.

If we flatten the curve to spread this out perfectly......

150k infected over 18 months = 8333 infected per month.

If 1 in 5 require hospitalization that means 1666 hospitalized per month

If 1 in 5 hospitalized require ICU that’s 333 ICU beds per month and we are short on vents.

Lets hope that model is high but I’ve seen many say that 60-80% could be infected over 18 months. And we haven’t proven that we can flatten the curve yet.