SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What if I'm just walking the streets in my Nick Schmaltz Coyotes jersey??

I’d arrest you on the spot for violating all sense of fashion decency.  The current Coyotes jerseys are HIDEOUS.

• Upvote 1

Need more sports fixes. Was able to watch the ‘97 sioux team quite a bit as there are some great videos uploaded. If anyone has them, someone please try to post the 2000 championship, any great football games also like the last great Sioux/Bison game in the Alerus center, or the natl championship game would be awesome, 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

Need more sports fixes. Was able to watch the ‘97 sioux team quite a bit as there are some great videos uploaded. If anyone has them, someone please try to post the 2000 championship, any great football games also like the last great Sioux/Bison game in the Alerus center, or the natl championship game would be awesome, 

Says every HS student athlete in ND. What a travesty.

It took one month for the US to go from one to 2,000 deaths from coronavirus. 

It took 48 hours to go from 1,000 to 2,000.

401 died Friday, 525 died yesterday. It's only going to get worse because most states aren't taking drastic enough measures so it's going to keep spreading. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Flu killed 24k so far this year......and that's with many people taking flu shots......so remind me again...why did the US shut everything down over corona?  https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/New-flu-cases-drop-death-toll-tops-24K-569162801.html

States are shutting down because Corona has now reached national flu-level mortality figures (1,000 in the last 24 hours) despite the flu being far more common, prevalent and wide-spread.  Corona is unfortunately just getting started.            

Flu = R1.2; Corona sits at around R2.8, meaning 1 flu carrier will infect 1.2 persons while 1 corona carrier will infect basically 3 persons.  1>3>9>27>81>243>729>2187......  Do the math.  This isn't rocket science.    

hScreen_Shot_2020_03_25_at_10.42.22_AM.0.

19 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

States are shutting down because Corona has now reached national flu-level mortality figures (1,000 in the last 24 hours) despite the flu being far more common, prevalent and wide-spread.  Corona is unfortunately just getting started.            

Flu = R1.2; Corona sits at around R2.8, meaning 1 flu carrier will infect 1.2 persons while 1 corona carrier will infect basically 3 persons.  1>3>9>27>81>243>729>2187......  Do the math.  This isn't rocket science.    

hScreen_Shot_2020_03_25_at_10.42.22_AM.0.

don't be lazy, type "this little piggy each and every time", no soup for you

While North Dakota is threatening grandma with jail time for going to the grocery store.

South Dakota governor is promoting a national interview she did on Friday with the headline: "Why South Dakota Didnt Close Its Businesses During Coronavirus."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

While North Dakota is threatening grandma with jail time for going to the grocery store.

South Dakota governor is promoting a national interview she did on Friday with the headline: "Why South Dakota Didnt Close Its Businesses During Coronavirus."

Did grandma just return from NYC and refuse quarantine?

Noem makes trump very happy. But South Dakota medical personnel say she’s not doing enough to protect the public. Let’s just see how this plays out shall we?

https://www.keloland.com/news/healthbeat/coronavirus/physicans-group-calls-for-stronger-response-to-covid-19-by-gov-noem/

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Yet, I test positive for the Coronavirus, I can still legally go to Walmart in North Dakota.

The way I read it no. If you are under isolation orders and you break them you can be charged with a class b misdemeanor.

Know anyone that’s travelled to one of those 23 states in the past 14 days? They are encouraged to fill out a form with the state.

6 hours ago, southpaw said:

401 died Friday, 525 died yesterday. It's only going to get worse because most states aren't taking drastic enough measures so it's going to keep spreading. 

Let's ask ourselves then - hmmmm, were we testing for Corona in December, January and February?  What were those thousands of deaths attributed to, if not?  

See the problem?

• Upvote 1

Not sure what this fuss is all about,

Homeland Security has, along with health care facilities etc, included the gun industry (NRA) as being essential and remain open.  You can still go buy guns, go to the local fire range.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Did grandma just return from NYC and refuse quarantine?

Noem makes trump very happy. But South Dakota medical personnel say she’s not doing enough to protect the public. Let’s just see how this plays out shall we?

https://www.keloland.com/news/healthbeat/coronavirus/physicans-group-calls-for-stronger-response-to-covid-19-by-gov-noem/

0.008% of SD residents have been infected.

0.27% of NY state residents have been infected.

Most populated state CA has 0.014% infectious rate.

6 hours ago, southpaw said:

That's very alarming.....and I completely agree.

For some perspective though if I may........worldwide as of this morning it has been 19 weeks since first confirmed case in China. The world is average 240 deaths per week over that time frame and that is with a death rate of 4.7%. That 240 is about 170 less deaths per week (estimated) than the flu season in this country.

Also the current death rate in the US is 1.8% which is still high. 10 weeks since confirmed outbreak in US...... average weekly deaths is currently at 32.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

So why is the South Dakota State Medical Association asking people to stay home?

See above.........SD has one death. Go ahead and call them for an explanation

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's very alarming.....and I completely agree.

For some perspective though if I may........worldwide as of this morning it has been 19 weeks since first confirmed case in China. The world is average 240 deaths per week over that time frame and that is with a death rate of 4.7%. That 240 is about 170 less deaths per week (estimated) than the flu season in this country.

Also the current death rate in the US is 1.8% which is still high. 10 weeks since confirmed outbreak in US...... average weekly deaths is currently at 32.

See above.........SD has one death. Go ahead and call them for an explanation

For some unknown reason maybe they want to keep the deaths from the virus to 1.

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

The way I read it no. If you are under isolation orders and you break them you can be charged with a class b misdemeanor.

I read the North Dakota Coronavorus website. Only mention of any law being broken is the travel restrictions.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic