SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

45 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I wouldn't base much on "fatality rate."

The very sick were tested first.

The rate will continue to decrease as more people test positive and have mild or little symptoms.

Actually that is my point.  We have past the midpoint on this.  Except maybe NY because of lack of action early on.  All other states except those affected by NY geography, NJ, etc.  could increase.  Delaware is monitoring traffic from NY.  

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Actually that is my point.  We have past the midpoint on this.  Except maybe NY because of lack of action early on.  All other states except those affected by NY geography, NJ, etc.  could increase.  Delaware is monitoring traffic from NY.  

Donald is that you?

12 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Confirmed cases and deaths are still increasing daily.  Seeing a decrease in deaths per confirmed case doesn't equate to having passed the peak spread of this virus.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Nice ad hominem article Fargo Forum -- https://www.inforum.com/sports/hockey/5018253-There’s-no-going-back-for-NHL-NBA 

This is why I'll never pay for your content. I'll bypass your paywall every time minus streaming sports at during Feb (no work around for that). Hot garbage!

It's strange that the writer is ok with baseball and soccer in late May but not hockey in July....

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I found this interesting..........MN has two deaths from coronavirus of today. If the deaths were to double every single day it would take 17 days to get to the projected 74000 deaths.

4 deaths now reported in MN.  1 day down.  398 positive cases and 14,003 tests completed.  Daily rate of positives per test has consistently been under 3%.

4 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

4 deaths now reported in MN.  1 day down.  398 positive cases and 14,003 tests completed.  Daily rate of positives per test has consistently been under 3%.

So .00007 of Minnesota has positively been infected.  So much doom and gloom numbers out there.  Just putting it into perspective. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Confirmed cases and deaths are still increasing daily.  Seeing a decrease in deaths per confirmed case doesn't equate to having passed the peak spread of this virus.

In NY yes.  In the USA the fatality rate in hovering about 1% or less as more tests come in.

19 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

He doesn't only "hope" things will be open by Easter.   He sent out a letter to the governor of every state with details on how they should "open things back up" for Easter.  He's clearly going to risk millions of lives to soothe his own ego.   Classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder .   

He can't make you go back to work. Stay in your mommy's basement and you'll be fine.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Your use of sentence structure left a lot to be desired, but I digress...

Kudos to this woman for trying to find some joy and laughter and go on a cruise.  Sad story.

It is a very sad story. Her dream vacation turned into a vacation from hell. 

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

It has already been discussed here when it first came out.

He conservatively estimates 480,000 USA deaths in the next three to seven months.

I haven't heard every interview he has done but the ones I have heard have been pretty consistent.  I posted this earlier also.

I hear Osterholm often on the radio and probably depend on his info too much. I just heard an interview from yesterday and he said the statistics say 160-214 million in US infected over the next 6-8 months. Also at very best 200k will die and up to 1.7M.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic