Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)


jk
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This will buy some time on Friday for T.

I'm also going to have Google maps running on my computer main screen this afternoon to see if Georgia blows up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

How can Pence pardon Trump ......

Because:

 

Refinery29
Trump can't Pardon Himslef, Here is Why.

According to Article II of the Constitution, a sitting president “shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” That may sound like we have already answered the question; however, therein lies a small yet important technicality within that phrase that requires some unpacking. The operative word? Grant.

ecause of this, we are actually asking the wrong question: It’s not about whether Trump can pardon himself, but whether he can grant himself a pardon. This may sound like the exact same question but bear with us. According to context clues from the text of the Constitution and the word’s meaning at the time it was written, the answer is no. He cannot pardon himself. The president only has the power to grant pardons. For context, the same word appears multiple times in various clauses of the Constitution. Every time the word appears, “grant” is a transmissive term meaning it is from one entity to another, reports The Atlantic. It is not used reflexively as in “to grant oneself” a pardon — it is always used interpersonally. 

Comparing a word to its uses in other instances within a historical or legal document is a common technique used by judges and legal scholars to surmise the intended meaning in context. If a court were to base its judgment solely on the context of the word in the Constitution, it would be reasonable to determine that the president cannot, in fact, grant himself a pardon. 
No, Trump Can’t Pardon Himself — Here’s Why (msn.com)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Hill
Schiff on possible Flynn pardon: Trump is 'acting like an organized crime figure'
Jordan Williams  11 mins ago
Schiff on possible Flynn pardon: Trump is 'acting like an organized crime figure' (msn.com)

 

Seriously?!

You are using Schiff-for-Brains as a credible source!?!  Flynn should have been pardoned 4 years ago. 
I wonder if you have an org@§m every time you find one of these left wing articles to copy to smear President Trump and anyone who supports him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Because:

 

Refinery29
Trump can't Pardon Himslef, Here is Why.

According to Article II of the Constitution, a sitting president “shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” That may sound like we have already answered the question; however, therein lies a small yet important technicality within that phrase that requires some unpacking. The operative word? Grant.

ecause of this, we are actually asking the wrong question: It’s not about whether Trump can pardon himself, but whether he can grant himself a pardon. This may sound like the exact same question but bear with us. According to context clues from the text of the Constitution and the word’s meaning at the time it was written, the answer is no. He cannot pardon himself. The president only has the power to grant pardons. For context, the same word appears multiple times in various clauses of the Constitution. Every time the word appears, “grant” is a transmissive term meaning it is from one entity to another, reports The Atlantic. It is not used reflexively as in “to grant oneself” a pardon — it is always used interpersonally. 

Comparing a word to its uses in other instances within a historical or legal document is a common technique used by judges and legal scholars to surmise the intended meaning in context. If a court were to base its judgment solely on the context of the word in the Constitution, it would be reasonable to determine that the president cannot, in fact, grant himself a pardon. 
No, Trump Can’t Pardon Himself — Here’s Why (msn.com)

Nixon Resigned

VP Ford becomes President

President Ford pardons Nixon

We will prpbably see the same here including pardoning dhildre.

Trimp family still face chatges in NY which Pebxw xabbt pardon

Ho 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

Nixon Resigned

VP Ford becomes President

President Ford pardons Nixon

We will prpbably see the same here including pardoning dhildre.

Trimp family still face chatges in NY which Pebxw xabbt pardon

Ho 

He hasn’t been charged with a crime. You can’t pardon somebody when they haven’t been charged with a crime. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

Nixon Resigned

VP Ford becomes President

President Ford pardons Nixon

We will prpbably see the same here including pardoning dhildre.

Trimp family still face chatges in NY which Pebxw xabbt pardon

Ho 

I tell you what... that last sentence is a doozy. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Nixon Resigned

VP Ford becomes President

President Ford pardons Nixon

We will prpbably see the same here including pardoning dhildre.

Trimp family still face chatges in NY which Pebxw xabbt pardon

Ho 

what the hell?  you ok?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NDSU grad said:

He hasn’t been charged with a crime. You can’t pardon somebody when they haven’t been charged with a crime. 

Nixon had been impeached and the Senate was about to convict him/he resigned prior to Senate acted  Was not convicted of any crime.Ford;s pardon insured he would be found guilty of any crime he may have commited while president.  Corredt me if wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Nixon had been impeached and the Senate was about to convict him/he resigned prior to Senate acted  Was not convicted of any crime.Ford;s pardon insured he would be found guilty of any crime he may have commited while president.  Corredt me if wrong.

Convicted and charged are 2 different things.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Nixon had been impeached and the Senate was about to convict him/he resigned prior to Senate acted  Was not convicted of any crime.Ford;s pardon insured he would be found guilty of any crime he may have commited while president.  Corredt me if wrong.

Trump is recorded as asking if he could pardon not only his children and him self

Don't shoot themessanger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Nixon Resigned

VP Ford becomes President

President Ford pardons Nixon

We will prpbably see the same here including pardoning dhildre.

Trimp family still face chatges in NY which Pebxw xabbt pardon

Ho 

Ayahuasca can help with this.  Or at least some apple sauce and an afternoon nap.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Convicted and charged are 2 different things.  

I think that is what I saigws by the house but not convicted.  Nixon was impeached by the house, as you are well aware it then was sent to Senate where the trial was to be held.  Nixon resigned prior to the Senate acting.  He was chargedby the house but not convicted.  Ford's pardon insured he could not be charged with that crime and any other federal  crime he may have commited while president.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...