SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

23 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Pleasd do.

As a side note.

Looking at the ND congressional delegation find much similarity to the book/movie Alice in Wonderland.

On her way to the land of OZ Alice is skipping down the yellow brick road with her friends, strawman (looking for a brain) tin man (looking for a heart) and lion (looking for courage)

It appears strawman has pulled back the curtin and discovered the organ grinder behind was a fat old man.

Thre is very little hope for tin man.

Lion, referred to in ND as 'the man in an empty suit' appears to be MINA.  (Missing in Non Action}

I think you may have your story book references mixed up.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Anyone else skeptical? How do you know a politician is lying? Their lips are moving. This goes for Democrats and Republicans. 

This is a lie on its face. By sunsetting the Trump tax cuts they will be raising taxes on the middle class.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Anyone else skeptical? How do you know a politician is lying? Their lips are moving. This goes for Democrats and Republicans. 

How about if a politician tells you to read their lips?

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

How about if a politician tells you to read their lips?

Read my lips. “No new taxes.” George H. Bush was an utter disappointment. 

I am surprised and thankful that Cramer believes that the transition should be started - acknowledging that Trump has a legal right to pursue remedies on election results.

to me, it shows a little courage and it shows how comfortable Cramer is with how North Dakota voters will continue to back Cramer in future elections.

I believe it is past due for more Republican representatives to publicly do the same as Cramer.

again, not a popular opinion by most here.

31 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I didn’t realize this - interesting - thought I would share 

“Nearly a quarter of all Covid-19 cases reported in the US were recorded just in November, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.”

What occurred in November?

1 hour ago, Goon said:

And you can keep your healthcare plan and your doctor and it will cost everyone less.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

This is a lie on its face. By sunsetting the Trump tax cuts they will be raising taxes on the middle class.

I'm pretty sure they'll raise taxes on people making more than $400,000, maybe institute a minimum tax for corporations, those kinds of things. Why make a statement like that after an election if it's going to end up being false and get posted all over the internet? 

4 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I'm pretty sure they'll raise taxes on people making more than $400,000, maybe institute a minimum tax for corporations, those kinds of things. Why make a statement like that after an election if it's going to end up being false and get posted all over the internet? 

Or before an election?

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Because politicians are masters of the English language.

“We are not going to raise taxes on the middle class” is technically correct if your tax plan doesn’t call for an increase for that group, but instead doesn’t renew a previous administration’s cuts for that group. 

My favorite example of this is when a politician claims that “funding for (insert here)program has been slashed” when in reality what happened was a planned budgetary increase wasn’t approved. The budget could stay the same as it was before, but since the planned increase in budget didn’t take place, they call it a funding cut. 

This is why I hate politicians across the board as a general rule, they are liars and half-truth tellers.

Remember when a sitting president had the audacity to utter the phrase “that depends on what your definition of the word is, is” ?

Disgusting people who will say anything to get what they want. I’d trust a street hustler before I’d trust a politician.

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

“We are not going to raise taxes on the middle class” is technically correct if your tax plan doesn’t call for an increase for that group, but instead doesn’t renew a previous administration’s cuts for that group. 

My favorite example of this is when a politician claims that “funding for (insert here)program has been slashed” when in reality what happened was a planned budgetary increase wasn’t approved. The budget could stay the same as it was before, but since the planned increase in budget didn’t take place, they call it a funding cut. 

This is why I hate politicians across the board as a general rule, they are liars and half-truth tellers.

Remember when a sitting president had the audacity to utter the phrase “that depends on what your definition of the word is, is” ?

Disgusting people who will say anything to get what they want. I’d trust a street hustler before I’d trust a politician.

aK7W0RQ_700b.jpg

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

^^^^^
I agree unfortunately. Both sides. Everything said has varying degrees of truth but never the whole.

ugh

Dems will be issuing talking points on what to say when they increase taxes, when they ban fracking, when the virus doesn’t go their way, 

when peaceful protests aren’t, when the squad takes over, when interest rates start going up, 

‘it will be trumps,fault for 4 years now

• Upvote 1

Just saw Cramer’s interview on nbc (chuck todd I believe) this morning. I think he did a good job. Actually impressed. Told everyone to just settle down. Evidence should be proven in court sooner than later. Gsa (I think it is called) should sign allowing transition to start. Not willing to call Biden the winner yet but he probably will win. Let the legal process proceed so that as many as possible will buy in. Very good. Pretty much agree with all.

I don’t doubt Biden’s position will evolve over the years. I never did hear from him on a timeline over when he proposes what he wants done. Too bad (maybe I missed it) he wasn’t asked that a few times.

18 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just saw Cramer’s interview on nbc (chuck todd I believe) this morning. I think he did a good job. Actually impressed. Told everyone to just settle down. Evidence should be proven in court sooner than later. Gsa (I think it is called) should sign allowing transition to start. Not willing to call Biden the winner yet but he probably will win. Let the legal process proceed so that as many as possible will buy in. Very good. Pretty much agree with all.

I don’t doubt Biden’s position will evolve over the years. I never did hear from him on a timeline over when he proposes what he wants done. Too bad (maybe I missed it) he wasn’t asked that a few times.

You are correct sir, General Services Administration they're in charge of building, vehicles and other services. They do a lot of other things too. 

1 hour ago, Kermit's Luck said:

They're going to raise taxes on everyone. If you don't believe that you're living in denial. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

What occurred in November?

Better question is what happened in June. The answer is days started getting shorter. Less natural sunlight and less human vitamin D natural production.

Better? Look at the data from March to June. Days got longer and data started to look better ... until June and shorter days.

Want to bet come January and days getting longer the data starts looking better again?

2 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Don’t get trapped by single variate thinking in a multivariate world.

Raising taxes on a corporation means they have an expense. Will they eat the expense internally or pass it along to customers.

A tax increase affects everyone sooner or later one way or another. 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Don’t get trapped by single variate thinking in a multivariate world.

Raising taxes on a corporation means they have an expense. Will they eat the expense internally or pass it along to customers.

A tax increase affects everyone sooner or later one way or another. 

Also making the mistake of thinking every corporation is a Fortune 500 company. Most small business are corporations with middle class owners. Raising the corporate tax rate raises taxes for these small businesses as well.

27 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Also making the mistake of thinking every corporation is a Fortune 500 company. Most small business are corporations with middle class owners. Raising the corporate tax rate raises taxes for these small businesses as well.

I would expect the tax increases to be tiered based on the amount of profit reported. Would surprise me to see them going after incremental gains in tax revenue on middle class businesses. Shouldn't the high earners pay their share? Not even going into the whole "redistribution of wealth" argument (which has its own merits), but the top 1% has been gaming the system and not paying their share of taxes for decades. Needs to change, and quickly.

Taxes will need to go up under some administration in our lifetimes - our deficit spending increased under Trump to nearly a trillion dollars in 2019, and that's no way to run a country. The bill for all of the COVID stimulus is going to come due at some point as well.