SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Another classic example of the media taking something that was not said and reporting it as if Trump did say it.

People, go to the actual video or audio of what Trump ACTUALLY said on the peaceful transfer of power and stop being manipulated by the media.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/elections/100000007359070/trump-refuses-to-commit-to-peaceful-transfer-of-power-after-election.html

Please, someone tell me what part of this is anywhere near what is being reported.

This drives me nuts.  The reporter asks an incredible stupid and condescending question.  Every part of the question would fall under the legal objections of assuming facts not in evidence, lack of relevance, and being argumentative.  It would be like a reporter asking Berry, "When you get swept by the gophers, will you peacefully leave the ice?"    I hope in that situation Berry would also give a flippant answer.

Then the left leaning media outlets spins it into something that simply didn't happen.    

This is all the children's story about crying wolf.  When everyone is a racist, no one is a racist.  We're so numb to the name calling and labeling that it has no impact anymore when it is actually warranted.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

.so you're a Federal employee......explains your participation here during daytime hours.  

Deep State member!  And if you must know, I’m burning through use or lose leave today.

35 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Correct. You should stick with your rants about a governor of a state of which you do not reside, and your creepy obsession for children and adolescent sports. I choose to remain neutral in these discussions, mostly because much of what’s said here is nonsensical and has pushed away those with expertise and helpful opinions, but also because of Hatch Act issues (regarding the political tug-of-war)...something Goon should be more concerned with too.

"Hatch Act"......wow. Goggle is a wonderful tool for the uneducated and ignorant. Thumbs up to you. 

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Hatch Act"......wow. Goggle is a wonderful tool for the uneducated and ignorant. Thumbs up to you.

I know.

For example, I prefer medical professionals that studied the science of viruses and don't rely on right wing conspiracy theories they find online to guide their decisions. 

So, I guess we are in agreement.  

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

You aren't a scientist, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

You are a narcissistic cultist.

Scientists have stated it isn't a good idea.  But, your dear leader, Herr Twitler may want a lot of people to die..  He made sure our country leads the world.

But, that's all "fake news" to the feeble minded cult. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/who-warns-that-waiting-to-achieve-herd-immunity-to-the-coronavirus-will-kill-a-lot-of-people.html

WHO warns that waiting to achieve herd immunity to the coronavirus will kill a lot of people

You don't even read the articles you post do you? They plainly state that herd immunity is necessary to get through this. They simply believe it needs to be done with a combination of natural cases and vaccination. So for now the best approach is to protect the vulnerable and let everybody else get it. 

• Upvote 2

#HATCHACT!!!!!!!!!!!!   IMPEACH EVERYONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Nice narcissistic behavior.  

no that would be" i dont feel safe so the rest of you need to do what i say"

40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So for now the best approach is to protect the vulnerable and let everybody else get it. 

BS bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

Wear masks.  Everyone

Social distance. Everyone.

Avoid large crowds, especially in buildings.  Everyone.

Wash your freaking hands.  Everyone. 

Do this now.  

Instead, we see the cult not doing most if not all of these protective measures, causing massive spikes in our country.  All due to the leadership of Herr Twitler.

Feel proud?  

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

Wear masks.  Everyone

Was your freaking hands.  Everyone. 

Do this now.  

Instead, we see the cult not doing most if not all of these protective measures, causing massive spikes in our country.  All due to the leadership of Herr Twitler.

Feel proud?  

well you got 1 out of 4 correct......

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

Wear masks.  Everyone

Do this now.  

Feel proud?  

The article you posted disagrees with you. He plainly states we will never be completely rid of this and we will need to achieve herd immunity at some point. People who aren't vulnerable to this virus should be doing the opposite of what you say. Why post an article if you are planning to disagree with it?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Wear masks.  Everyone

Do this now.  

Feel proud?  

I actually know plenty of people who will likely vote for Biden that have kids in school and playing sports.  They even attend their sporting events with their children’s grandparents.   I don’t feel it makes them bad and being in public certainly doesn’t make them Trump supporters.  Heck, they aren’t even wearing masks. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The article you posted disagrees with you. He plainly states we will never be completely rid of this and we will need to achieve herd immunity at some point. People who aren't vulnerable to this virus should be doing the opposite of what you say. Why post an article if you are planning to disagree with it?

That is what a 560 score on the SAT reading comprehension section will get you.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, homer said:

I actually know plenty of people who will likely vote for Biden that have kids in school and playing sports.  They even attend their sporting events with their children’s grandparents.   I don’t feel it makes them bad and being in public certainly doesn’t make them Trump supporters.  Heck, they aren’t even wearing masks. 

Well it does make them "creepy".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Nice narcissistic behavior.  

Ahhh..... Somebody saw a new word and thinks they know what it means.

Its cute.... like a toddler saying a bad word they heard from Uncle Bob.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the white trash militia cosplayers are coming back to Portland tomorrow in hopes of conflict with the anarchists. Get ready for plenty of shaky videos intended to make the other side look bad.

8 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sounds like the white trash militia cosplayers are coming back to Portland tomorrow in hopes of conflict with the anarchists. Get ready for plenty of shaky videos intended to make the other side look bad.

Isn't there something that can be done that keeps all of these people off the streets? Peaceful protests sure, I'm with that. But we all know how this will end, can't they get ahead of it somehow?

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Isn't there something that can be done that keeps all of these people off the streets? Peaceful protests sure, I'm with that. But we all know how this will end, can't they get ahead of it somehow?

I KNOW!
Declare a global viral pandemic and that everyone should stay at home.

Oh.
Yeah.
Nevermind.

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I think the original permit for the Proud Boys was denied,  but they still found a way. It'll undoubtedly be declared a riot which then allows cops to arrest anyone still there, but it would be nice to prevent it rather than react to it.

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I think the original permit for the Proud Boys was denied,  but they still found a way. It'll undoubtedly be declared a riot which then allows cops to arrest anyone still there, but it would be nice to prevent it rather than react to it.

Absolutely.  Portland shouldn't be waiting for inevitable 2nd disruptive force to show up before taking action. 

Mindreading: No human can do it, but still they claim to be able. 

President Donald Trump gave officials no solace Wednesday and Thursday when he again refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power no matter who wins the election, and Thursday, he doubled down by saying he was not sure the election could be “honest.” His hedging, along with his expressed desire in June to invoke the 1807 Insurrection Act to send active-duty troops onto American streets to quell protests over the killing of George Floyd, has incited deep anxiety among senior military and Defense Department leaders, who insist they will do all they can to keep the armed forces out of the elections.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/at-pentagon-fears-grow-that-trump-will-pull-military-into-election-unrest/ 

They think (mindread?) that Trump wants to use the military in the election. 

4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Absolutely.  Portland shouldn't be waiting for inevitable 2nd disruptive force to show up before taking action. 

I was hoping the nightly protests would stop after the forest fires shut them down.

I understand these are two completely different scenarios, so the comparison isn't nearly perfect, but why are we ok with taking people's rights away for Covid, but not for these destructive riots? This has been four months of this now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I understand these are two completely different scenarios, so the comparison isn't nearly perfect, but why are we ok with taking people's rights away for Covid, but not for these destructive riots? This has been four months of this now.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/09/portland-police-chief-chuck-lovell-speaks-about-police-plans-for-proud-boys-rally-on-saturday-watch-live-at-2-pm.html

The rallies are 3 miles apart, didn't realize that was the case until now. 

I think shutting down the protests at first would have bad optics, but if you give a mouse a cookie...

• Upvote 1