SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

6 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

This is the Senate's job. They only have 2 jobs. One, pass legislation, and two, confirm judges.

There is literally zero reasons these people should not confirm the judge. Libs made it very clear in 2016 how they felt on the topic EVEN WHEN THEY DIDNT CONTROL THE SENATE. Anyone who tries implying the GOP is not fully entitled and genuinely in a defensible position here is not a serious person and I am think you might fall under that camp lol. 

Always breaks my heart to realize we have stupid people with ties to my home state.

Again, don't cry if Democrats work the system the same way when the pendulum swings the other way. Anyone whose rationale is to own the libs, as you admitted, has no qualms with the unnecessary and dangerous polarization tearing our county apart. Also, someone who is proud of his "baller" MAGA hat insulted me on the internet? Not sure my fragile psyche can handle that!

7 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

This is the Senate's job. They only have 2 jobs. One, pass legislation, and two, confirm judges.

There is literally zero reasons these people should not confirm the judge. Libs made it very clear in 2016 how they felt on the topic EVEN WHEN THEY DIDNT CONTROL THE SENATE. Anyone who tries implying the GOP is not fully entitled and genuinely in a defensible position here is not a serious person and I am think you might fall under that camp lol. 

Always breaks my heart to realize we have stupid people with ties to my home state.

The larger issue centers around McConnell’s use of power politics at every turn, every opportunity.      

McConnell had no rule or precedent in blocking Obama’s choice, but he had the majority so he soldiered on.  Then he changed confirmation rules (51 votes instead of 60) once Trump was President.  Now he’s thoroughly contradicting himself even though he gave himself the legal capacity to justify it; again through an exercise in majority power.  

Unfortunately, this will embolden the Democrats to act in the same manner if/when they grab the majority.   Issues once deemed untouchable via mutual respect will no longer be considered as such.  Look for them to expand the supreme court, push to give DC statehood, etc.  

The US has officially become a party over country entity.   Putin is likely laughing his *** off right now.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The larger issue centers around McConnell’s use of power politics at every turn, every opportunity.      

McConnell had no rule or precedent in blocking Obama’s choice, but he had the majority so he soldiered on.  Then he changed confirmation rules (51 votes instead of 60) once Trump was President.  Now he’s thoroughly contradicting himself even though he gave himself the legal capacity to justify it; again through an exercise in majority power.  

Unfortunately, this will embolden the Democrats to act in the same manner if/when they grab the majority.   Issues once deemed untouchable via mutual respect will no longer be considered as such.  Look for them to expand the supreme court, push to give DC statehood, etc.  

The US has officially become a party over country entity.   Putin is likely laughing his *** off right now.  

I would say after the last two years of utter BS they are going to tell the Dems to F-off, we got the receipts.  

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Again, don't cry if Democrats work the system the same way when the pendulum swings the other way. Anyone whose rationale is to own the libs, as you admitted, has no qualms with the unnecessary and dangerous polarization tearing our county apart. Also, someone who is proud of his "baller" MAGA hat insulted me on the internet? Not sure my fragile psyche can handle that!

Again, can you be certain even if the shoe was on the other foot and the Rep  do nothing now that they wouldn’t fill the seat?  I’m not real confident they would follow the handshake deal than the Reps will   

11 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

77B022F6-05E7-49E3-A6DA-F872B0433D1A.jpeg

Looking forward to Nads & Shiffs attacks on whoever is nominated. Should swing a lot of women voters to Trump.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I would say after the last two years of utter BS they are going to tell the Dems to F-off, we got the receipts.  

And on cue Pelosi threatens impeachment to stop the filling of the SCJ seat.  

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

And on cue Pelosi threatens impeachment to stop the filling of the SCJ seat.  

She is one evil woman 

1 minute ago, sioux rube said:

She is one evil woman 

She's at the top of the trash pile in the state she represents........and thats saying something.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Looking forward to Nads & Shiffs attacks on whoever is nominated. Should swing a lot of women voters to Trump.

I just feel for the poor victim who is about to be sexually abused by the Supreme court nominee 15 to 20 years ago.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

We shall see if they have the votes.

If those same senators who are in close races lose, you gotta believe they will vote after the election to approve the nomination. These people are Republicans after all. They may say they don’t want to vote before the next president so that they don’t lose the independent vote then switch their opinion on the matter if they lose.

20 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Yeah.  Just like in 2016.

Effing hypocrite 

Bahahahaha sucks to not be in charge of the chamber that approves the nominee. In 2016 they could have voted him down anyways, instead they saved the nominee the hassle

38 minutes ago, homer said:

Again, can you be certain even if the shoe was on the other foot and the Rep  do nothing now that they wouldn’t fill the seat?  I’m not real confident they would follow the handshake deal than the Reps will   

I'd be just as disappointed in dems for doing the same thing. And they likely will play dirty the next time they can using McConnell as an excuse. It'll be hard to argue against it.

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I'd be just as disappointed in dems for doing the same thing. And they likely will play dirty the next time they can using McConnell as an excuse. It'll be hard to argue against it.

If the Dems hold power and can nominate and approve a SC justice no matter what part of the term more power to them. Using your power legally is not dirty.

stacking the court would be dirty and would allow every other president in the future to do the same. This all boils down to blaming one person for this mess. Harry Reid will be the one who destroyed the democracy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You can’t be that stupid right? How was it McConnels fault that the threshold went to 51? Willful ignorance or you just can’t use google? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

and hypocrites.  Look in a mirror.

Can't be a hypocrite if it's a genuinely different situation

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

That’s nothing more than a damn lie!  The nuclear option was instituted by none other than Democrat Harry Reid in 2013 in order to stop those nasty “obstructionist” Republicans.  Once the Republicans were in power in the Senate, McConnell only extended that rule.  

What goes around, comes around...

lol Mitch warned Reid and the Democrats in 2013 that they would regret doing what they did. It's on camera.

So yeah UNDlaw is either uninformed or he is a liar. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If the Dems hold power and can nominate and approve a SC justice no matter what part of the term more power to them. Using your power legally is not dirty.

stacking the court would be dirty and would allow every other president in the future to do the same. This all boils down to blaming one person for this mess. Harry Reid will be the one who destroyed the democracy.

Removing BK is what I'm expecting of the Dems. He wasn't properly vetted, and they will exploit it. Not trying to re-open that can of worms, it's just my guess at their approach would be.

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Removing BK is what I'm expecting of the Dems. He wasn't properly vetted, and they will exploit it. Not trying to re-open that can of worms, it's just my guess at their approach would be.

They could do that if they make the case. Would that need 60 votes to impeach? They might not get enough votes but they can try.

6 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

2/3 vote of the Senate, if they can get that many votes then it’s within their rights to impeach

17 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

In what way wasn't he property vetted?

28 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Lol why are you just making crap up now?

They can't remove him without their own people being removed. But I suppose Dems do love destroying norms and then getting mad when it comes back to bite them lol 

15 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

In what way wasn't he property vetted?

Let's not pretend like he doesn't have skeletons in the closet. There but for the grace of <deity> goes many of us, but we aren't facing the scrutiny he did.