Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)


jk
 Share

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

We will see how things "brake", cultist.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/09/20/murkowski-joins-collins-in-opposing-supreme-court-vote-before-election--heres-who-matters-now/

Murkowski Joins Collins In Opposing Supreme Court Vote Before Election – Here's Who Matters Now

"Before" the election being the key term...........gonna get to have their cake by being re-elected AND then get to vote in a new SCOTUS.........rotflmaolmaorotflololololrotflmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worship the orange god and praise the creed of hypocrisy.

 

2016, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.” 

2018, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.): “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.” 

2016, Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.): “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.” 

2016, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Col.): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
Mitch McConnell, March 2016

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Worship the orange god and praise the creed of hypocrisy.

 

2016, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.” 

2018, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.): “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.” 

2016, Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.): “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.” 

2016, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Col.): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
Mitch McConnell, March 2016

 

The American people voted in 2018 to give an expanded Senate majority to the GOP. They have a mandate.

Should also be noted that several of them mention "a new President." We knew in 2016 we'd have a new President. Here, we do not know that.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter though. Donald Trump will nominate someone this week, and the Senate will vote yes or vote no.

We have a GOP president and a GOP Senate, lets roll!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haydouche thinking he would get to see a far left judge replace RBG.......she should have pulled the plug when Obama was in office if she wanted a guarantee a liberal would fill her spot. 

There's a lesson for you to learn here.  When you repeatedly act like a jerk to a person.....over and over....for the better part of 4 years....when the person that you were being a jerk to has a chance to return the "favor"....they more often than not will.  Trump isn't gonna give Dems any break after what they have put him through.  

giphy-downsized-large_(1).gif

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FACT:    22 Presidents, and 29 times, there has been an opening on the Supreme Court within 3 months of a Presidential election. All 29 times, the President of the United States has made a nomination.

Every single time! So don't read into this and say Trump is doing something unethical.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The American people voted in 2018 to give an expanded Senate majority to the GOP. They have a mandate.

Should also be noted that several of them mention "a new President." We knew in 2016 we'd have a new President. Here, we do not know that.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter though. Donald Trump will nominate someone this week, and the Senate will vote yes or vote no.

We have a GOP president and a GOP Senate, lets roll!

What a load of bull$%!#, cultist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

FACT:    22 Presidents, and 29 times, there has been an opening on the Supreme Court within 3 months of a Presidential election. All 29 times, the President of the United States has made a nomination.

Every single time! So don't read into this and say Trump is doing something unethical.

Really, Sue's Lube?  

BS. 

Cultists parrot Trump's ethics.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Once again, after all the Russia, impeachment, and Kavanaugh bullsh*t that resulted in nothing, the Rs should tell them to pound sand.

They kept RBG alive as long as possible but couldn't quite pull it off.

Least it didn't get to this stage.......

4c287506617868f173b90ca2864065eddc01a42fb6fc66e2d13d640efa7823f3.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hypocricy is the GOP. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/opinions/rbg-supreme-court-gop-hypocrisy-avlon/index.html

 

Before Trump, Republicans talked a lot about values and character. They talked about preserving our institutions and traditions. It's not an argument that is operative today. Instead, situational ethics have been weaponized in Washington. And the stakes are always highest when a Supreme Court pick is involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Here is your "stable genius" cultists.

Yup. 

He is that smart.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/20/trump-threatens-to-issue-executive-order-preventing-biden-from-being-elected-president/#4b725a1576f6

Trump Threatens To Issue Executive Order Preventing Biden From Being Elected President

 That was a joke...lol

You should listen for yourself Soyboy instead of just cutting & pasting

You gonna make it until 11/3?  You seem much more triggered than usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Hypocricy is the GOP. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/opinions/rbg-supreme-court-gop-hypocrisy-avlon/index.html

 

Before Trump, Republicans talked a lot about values and character. They talked about preserving our institutions and traditions. It's not an argument that is operative today. Instead, situational ethics have been weaponized in Washington. And the stakes are always highest when a Supreme Court pick is involved.

Man...you really are heartbroken right now, aren't you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Two tragedies.  One after the other. 

Of course, expect the cult to demonize the young BLM protester. 

That is what cults do.

https://news.yahoo.com/nebraska-bar-owner-jake-gardner-012637139.html

Nebraska bar owner Jake Gardner, charged in fatal shooting of unarmed Black protester, dies by suicide, attorney says

It is sad.  Strange he would do that with only "peaceful" protestors from a "peaceful" organization not liking him.  

A result of letting the media instead of courts decide who is guilty and who isn't.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It is sad.  Strange he would do that with only "peaceful" protestors from a "peaceful" organization not liking him.  

A result of letting the media instead of courts decide who is guilty and who isn't.  

Read this.. That's what cultists do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be close also.  But, it is trending in this direction.  Most reasonable people know Trump is bat$hit crazy.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/politics/poll-of-the-week-joe-biden-blowout-donald-trump-election/index.html

Why it could be a Biden blowout in November

 A new ABC News/Washington Post poll from Minnesota finds Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden with a 57% to 41% lead over President Donald Trump among likely voters.

Two other Minnesota polls released over the last few weeks by CBS News/YouGov and New York Times/Siena College have Biden up by nine points.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Could be close also.  But, it is trending in this direction.  Most reasonable people know Trump is bat$hit crazy.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/politics/poll-of-the-week-joe-biden-blowout-donald-trump-election/index.html

Why it could be a Biden blowout in November

 A new ABC News/Washington Post poll from Minnesota finds Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden with a 57% to 41% lead over President Donald Trump among likely voters.

Two other Minnesota polls released over the last few weeks by CBS News/YouGov and New York Times/Siena College have Biden up by nine points.

qc6KBoT.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Keep those good memories, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.  It might help you and the rest of the cult come November. 

I love how Democrats keep referring to Trump as a cult leader.  Flash back to 2008-2016 when our “unbiased” news media followed Obama around like he was Jim Jones...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I love how Democrats keep referring to Trump as a cult leader.  Flash back to 2008-2016 when our “unbiased” news media followed Obama around like he was Jim Jones...

I'd look more at the way libs turned Ginsberg into some sort of secular deity. T-shirts...Halloween costumes...figurines...for a lawyer.

My classmates are in legit mourning right now...Videos of women crying on TV...social media tributes...etc. I'm surprised school is not cancelled tomorrow. I fully expect that they'll make resources available for those who need to talk about what happened. 

I totally get the goofy cult of personality that Trump has, I get it for Obama in many ways too. But for an unelected lawyer? I would be very surprised if these people could name more than one of her opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I love how Democrats keep referring to Trump as a cult leader.  Flash back to 2008-2016 when our “unbiased” news media followed Obama around like he was Jim Jones...

Nice avatar.  Is Putin your cult leader or is Trump?  Maybe both?

https://newrepublic.com/article/152638/escape-trump-cult

Escape From the Trump Cult

Millions of Americans are blindly devoted to their Dear Leader. What will it take for them to snap out of it?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...