Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

It looks like the North Dakota AG may be overseeing an investigation.  

But, shenanigans are possible...

 

tenor_(3).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

It looks like the North Dakota AG may be overseeing an investigation.  

But, shenanigans are possible...

 

What's interesting is that many Trump supporters assert that federal and state institutions are horribly corrupt and the 'deep state' is everywhere, yet the institution of law enforcement remains impeccably clean.  The only bad actor is the rare unethical policeman.   Hmmm....

In the real world, when a government is corrupt, its dept. of justice and law enforcement agencies are always one of the first entities compromised.  This isn't rocket science.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

What double standard?   Because a small sub-section of the black community has wealth/influence and works against the interests of the larger population it means white privilege doesn't exist?   Get real.  Going by your rationale, the Jews had no right to complain because the Association of German National Jews supported Hitler, right?   

"But, but, but, double standard!  Wahhhh!!! "       Please use your head before posting.

 

My oh my someone is desperately hanging on to the white privilege talking point.  Once again.....the not so subtle reference to whites/Trump supporters being Nazis for effect.  

Some day maybe you will figure out that  the "privilege" you speak of is actually discipline + effort.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

The state's top law enforcement officer under investigation by the highway patrol.     I'm sure justice will be served. :whistling: 

His career is done either way.  He probably wasn't completely pickled or else the sheriff that responded would have caught it, but it still seems a bit off.  As for the investigation word has it that Trump supporters have already started rioting, hurling hubcaps at cops, burning down small businesses, blocking traffic so people can't get to work....all in the name of demanding an immediate guilty verdict before there is even an investigation.  

Wait, nevermind, that's the other side that behaves like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

Nah, although we've made great strides, America has always been racist.    

 

You think a black candidate who acts like Trump would be allowed anywhere near Washington?  Riiiight.   White people would **** themselves.   But of course Trump's antics are acceptable because he 'keeps it real'!  Yea, real white.     

Reminds me of this. :D

 

 

 

So which country isn't using your definition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

Nah, although we've made great strides, America has always been racist.    

 

You think a black candidate who acts like Trump would be allowed anywhere near Washington?  Riiiight.   White people would **** themselves.   But of course Trump's antics are acceptable because he 'keeps it real'!  Yea, real white.     

Reminds me of this. :D

 

 

 

Why is it that it is acceptable to attribute racist thoughts to people based on your wild hypothetical scenario with literally zero proof to back it up. We’ve never had a black candidate in the social climate of 2016-2020 act like Trump, so how can you possibly invoke the race card for something that hasn’t happened and for that matter could never happen. Trump caught lightning in a bottle and came along at the only time in history, likely, that his rhetoric would have been effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

This thread needs to end. Enough of haydukes nonsense. Makes our fan base look like a bunch of loons. I’m fine going back to no politics.

That ship sailed long ago. Between the comment sections on college hockey sites and Brad's blog, Goon somehow having a press pass, and behavior/appearance/demeanor at the Final Five, Hayduke being a fanatical liberal isn't tarnishing the good name of Sioux fans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

Grrrr.   These 'biased snowflake studies' are ruining the entire talking point.    

 

Asian job applicants with “whitened” first names received a 7 percent higher callback rate than those with “ethnically Asian” first names. 

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0001839216639577

 

The problem with the study you cited is the prevalence and ease of angelicizing one's name, as immigrants have done for generations, Jews did in early Hollywood, and Asians are now doing in droves to combat discrimination in college admissions. A better example would be the study of people's reactions to different races when crossing paths with them alone in the dark. Everyone was afraid of crossing a black male in that situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The problem with the study you cited is the prevalence and ease of angelicizing one's name, as immigrants have done for generations, Jews did in early Hollywood, and Asians are now doing in droves to combat discrimination in college admissions. A better example would be the study of people's reactions to different races when crossing paths with them alone in the dark. Everyone was afraid of crossing a black male in that situation.

Even Jesse Jackson had a quote relating to the fact that he felt safer when he heard footsteps and turned around to find out it was a white person.  Once again I'll go back to asking why is that?  I've always subscribed to the idea that you shouldn't start blaming others for your shortcomings until you have your own backyard in reasonably good order.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m sure Donald Trump made all the production decisions for this ad. This guy must be a Russian asset.

Comrade, in fairness, the ad doesn’t specify which troops to support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

One of my biggest frustrations with liberals of late is the "microaggression" nonsense, and here's why:

I've long held that focusing on racism overlooks a bigger problem: classism. In the same situation, if the black male is dressed in a suit and tie, and the white male appears to be homeless, you'll be more afraid of the white male. But saying this is a "microagression" and will get you written up in your sociology/anthropology 101 course these days, even if you say trigger warning. Drives me nuts.

If I could like this 1000x, I would.

Fear of someone is all in how they are presenting themselves, right or wrong. If I see a person who is well groomed, walking tall and confident and making eye contact, I’m not fearful. In the absence of those things, I’m keeping my eyes on you for any quick movements and I’ll react accordingly. (Notice how I didn’t mention race, these are universal truths and we are hardwired genetically to see certain dress patterns, posture and body language to obtain cues about trust and fear)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we stay on topic that climate change and Covid are the cause of all things racist as we move forward......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If I could like this 1000x, I would.

Fear of someone is all in how they are presenting themselves, right or wrong. If I see a person who is well groomed, walking tall and confident and making eye contact, I’m not fearful. In the absence of those things, I’m keeping my eyes on you for any quick movements and I’ll react accordingly. (Notice how I didn’t mention race, these are universal truths and we are hardwired genetically to see certain dress patterns, posture and body language to obtain cues about trust and fear)

 

People are often quick to stereotype in search of an easy conclusion. Not all Native Americans (actually, very very few) have huge sums of cash waiting for them when they turn 18, but if you live in certain parts of Minnesota, those are the only Native Americans you'll ever encounter, potentially leading to an incorrect perception and stereotype.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

People are often quick to stereotype in search of an easy conclusion. Not all Native Americans (actually, very very few) have huge sums of cash waiting for them when they turn 18, but if you live in certain parts of Minnesota, those are the only Native Americans you'll ever encounter, potentially leading to an incorrect perception and stereotype.

Exactly. The real disease is the identity policies that have normalized being able to assume stereotypes. 
 

When I grew up, I was encouraged to judge each person on their actions individually. It seems we have gotten further away from individual identities and it is very harmful. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incarceration rates of minorities are tied to systemic racism.  

But, don't let a Harvard study make the cult try to spin this into something else.  After all, they have Black friends...

https://www.theroot.com/a-judge-asked-harvard-to-find-out-why-so-many-black-peo-1845017462?utm_source=pocket-newtab

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

After gathering the raw numbers from nearly every government agency in the state’s criminal justice system, examining the data, and researching the disparate outcomes, Harvard Law School’s Criminal Justice Policy Program found that Black incarcerees received more severe charges, harsher sentences and less favorable outcomes than their white counterparts. They looked at more than a million cases, from the initial charges through the conviction and sentencing, and discovered disparities that could not be explained by logic or reason.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

 

What's interesting is that many Trump supporters assert that federal and state institutions are horribly corrupt and the 'deep state' is everywhere, yet the institution of law enforcement remains impeccably clean.  The only bad actor is the rare unethical policeman.   Hmmm....

In the real world, when a government is corrupt, its dept. of justice and law enforcement agencies are always one of the first entities compromised.  This isn't rocket science.  

Exactly. Look what Barry did to the FBI & the IRS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Incarceration rates of minorities are tied to systemic racism.  

But, don't let a Harvard study make the cult try to spin this into something else.  After all, they have Black friends...

https://www.theroot.com/a-judge-asked-harvard-to-find-out-why-so-many-black-peo-1845017462?utm_source=pocket-newtab

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

After gathering the raw numbers from nearly every government agency in the state’s criminal justice system, examining the data, and researching the disparate outcomes, Harvard Law School’s Criminal Justice Policy Program found that Black incarcerees received more severe charges, harsher sentences and less favorable outcomes than their white counterparts. They looked at more than a million cases, from the initial charges through the conviction and sentencing, and discovered disparities that could not be explained by logic or reason.

Wouldnt have anything to do with the fact they were breaking the law would it????  JFC

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Wouldnt have anything to do with the fact they were breaking the law would it????  JFC

Thanks for making my point even more clear bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...