Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I respect your opinion as your right.  I disagree on the accountability you describe.  As partial and incomplete information comes in, you trust your people and make the best calls you can.  Is FDR accountable for Pearl Harbor?  Is Jimmy Carter accountable for AIDS?  
 

Test kits, test kits, test kits- Not the damn issue.  It was how aggressive to respond.  It isn’t a simple CDC public health question.  Way more variables and considerations.  
 

Thus far we’re looking at the equivalent deaths of lightning strikes.  If it ends up being twice H1N1, was it worth blowing up the economy?  Less than H1N1?  We’ll never know, because we won’t know what would’ve happened without intervention.  
 

end of my rant- peace brother- good luck out there to you and your family.  
 

 

Great post.  Great examples given with FDR and Carter.  I would add Obama and 12000 Americans dead from Swine Flu.  It’s unfortunate that just 10 years later, one side has decided to make a serious health threat political. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hayduke1

    1801

  • Oxbow6

    1772

  • BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

    1056

  • The Sicatoka

    1055

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Great post.  Great examples given with FDR and Carter.  I would add Obama and 12000 Americans dead from Swine Flu.  It’s unfortunate that just 10 years later, one side has decided to make a serious health threat political. 

One side? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cratter said:

If one person has Coronavirus at an Amazon warehouse (very likely) this will pass to a large portion of the country even with social distancing.

And social distancing and panic at the big box stores means more people will be ordering stuff online.

Well, I am safe ordering from Amazon then.  I NEVER get anything quicker than 3 days.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump has admitted he was wrong. Fox News has admitted they were wrong. When will we as ND residents finally catch up and realize this is serious? We have been almost unscathed so far and hopefully we can preserve. 

What?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What?  

What I don’t get is why isn’t the virus fully contained and everyone cured in all countries not headed by Trump?  

Also, North Dakotans are clearly not taking this seriously with the skyrocketing infection and death rates maintaining at 1 and 0.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's play over/under...…….Dougie caves and shutters everything in ND by 5 pm Friday. I'll say under.....well before then.

 

Went to get donuts for the staff this morning. All now individually packaged.

 

First guy I see in the store...….70+ male with a mask and latex gloves on.  Not joking.  Glad he got the memo. SMH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump has admitted he was wrong. Fox News has admitted they were wrong. When will we as ND residents finally catch up and realize this is serious? We have been almost unscathed so far and hopefully we can preserve. 

Lets all remember the Democratic front-runner recently stated he would not have banned travel from China and its xenophobic/racist to call it the Wuhan Virus.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's play over/under...…….Dougie caves and shutters everything in ND by 5 pm Friday. I'll say under.....well before then.

 

 

It's sure trending that way.  I'll take the under, which is probably bet down to -240 by now.  May need to adjust the line to Thursday 5:00 p.m.

What's the action if I parlay that with school being done for the year and taking the under 1m deaths?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What?  

Been stuck under a rock I take it?

 

it was a matter of days ago that trump said this is nothing to worry about. Now he is recommending to not gather in groups larger than 10 and to stay home.

 

It was also a few days ago that Fox News was defending trump’s stance and making jokes about social distancing. Now they are admitting they were wrong and practicing social distancing themselves. 

 

Do we start start taking this seriously finally?

 

Have a good day everyone and please stay safe!

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Well, I am safe ordering from Amazon then.  I NEVER get anything quicker than 3 days.....

Not to worry. With your delivery driver handling 100s of boxes a day, he has the corona. ;)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Been stuck under a rock I take it?

it was a matter of days ago that trump said this is nothing to worry about. Now he is recommending to not gather in groups larger than 10 and to stay home.

It was also a few days ago that Fox News was defending trump’s stance and making jokes about social distancing. Now they are admitting they were wrong and practicing social distancing themselves. 

Do we start start taking this seriously finally?

Have a good day everyone and please stay safe!

I don't know, maybe in a few months we will start taking it seriously, like your guy Biden has.  :silly:

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

It's sure trending that way.  I'll take the under, which is probably bet down to -240 by now.  May need to adjust the line to Thursday 5:00 p.m.

What's the action if I parlay that with school being done for the year and taking the under 1m deaths?

Your guaranteed Trifecta winner...….under on Friday closings and 1M. Over on school being done.... I'd be surprised if they open in August.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Been stuck under a rock I take it?

 

it was a matter of days ago that trump said this is nothing to worry about. Now he is recommending to not gather in groups larger than 10 and to stay home.

 

It was also a few days ago that Fox News was defending trump’s stance and making jokes about social distancing. Now they are admitting they were wrong and practicing social distancing themselves. 

 

Do we start start taking this seriously finally?

 

Have a good day everyone and please stay safe!

How do you function like this?

616X9S-goKL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Italy Stats for first 1000 deaths:

Average age - 80.3

47% of deceased had at least 2-3 preconditions.

2 deaths under 40 years of age.  (both had preconditions)

The biggest danger lies with, where do we put the people with heart attacks, ruptured appendixes, gun shot wounds, etc...when they get to a hospital that is running at 300% capacity?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Been stuck under a rock I take it?

 

it was a matter of days ago that trump said this is nothing to worry about. Now he is recommending to not gather in groups larger than 10 and to stay home.

 

It was also a few days ago that Fox News was defending trump’s stance and making jokes about social distancing. Now they are admitting they were wrong and practicing social distancing themselves. 

 

Do we start start taking this seriously finally?

 

Have a good day everyone and please stay safe!

Good leaders know enough to not stoke panic and fear. Would you rather he announced the apocalypse was imminent?

 You should get your remote control fixed. There are plenty of clips out there of CNN, MSNBC, etc. reporters making fun of both the social distancing plan and also making fun of Trump’s China travel ban. 

  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, iramurphy said:

They should be calling their own doctors. Their doctors should be managing them aggressively in order to keep them out of the ER. 

Yeah, that definitely helps.  A major improvement in patient compliance would also do wonders.

Kentucky approved for pharmacists to authorize up to an additional 30 day supply of "critical maintenance medications" for established patients on established medications until the end of the 'crisis'.  I'm not sure how much time per day that would save outpatient LIP offices on refill requests.

NY is working to authorize pharmacies to do flu swabs so patients don't have to visit their PCP or an urgent care in order to rule out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, keikla said:

Yeah, that definitely helps.  A major improvement in patient compliance would also do wonders.

Kentucky approved for pharmacists to authorize up to an additional 30 day supply of "critical maintenance medications" for established patients on established medications until the end of the 'crisis'.  I'm not sure how much time per day that would save outpatient LIP offices on refill requests.

NY is working to authorize pharmacies to do flu swabs so patients don't have to visit their PCP or an urgent care in order to rule out.

Almost every private insurer has waived member liability for testing, removed early refill edits or allowed overrides for early refills- in some cases 90 days, and extended existing prior authorizations for additional months.  Healthcare system is doing the right things.  Volume is currently manageable from what I’m seeing.

Stats being reported in this country are also promising from rate of new infection and certainly deaths. Each hour brings more info, and we aren’t out of the woods yet, but we seem to be managing on the health side...economically we have a much different story.  
 

I bought a handle of Crown yesterday- just in case they close booze sales...Bay area under lockdown...LA still open for business.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...