SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

37 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/symptoms-testing-care/where-get-covid-19-test

Cass County is only testing priority groups and is not having the free, open, mass testing events.

https://www.inforum.com/incoming/6645817-President-Bresciani-explains-NDSUs-cloudy-COVID-picture NDSU has not been encouraging testing of anyone.

No wonder the numbers there are so much "better."

Guess it depends on what lane one want to be in. The "only cases matter" lane or "hospitalizations/deaths matter" lane.  

But it is naive of Dean to think there aren't more asymptomatic kids running around the NDSU campus by comparing the two schools.

• Upvote 1

This is why testing is a joke.

In engineering terms, testing is too late: The defect is already in the product. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

This is why testing is a joke.

In engineering terms, testing is too late: The defect is already in the product. 

Is it better to wait to address the issue until after the product ships and kills its users?

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Is it better to wait to address the issue until after the product ships and kills its users?

Better to never inject the defect into the product. 

Design systems so the defect can not occur; good design up front to design out the defect. 

Things like ... don't put infected folks in elder care homes. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Better to never inject the defect into the product. 

Design systems so the defect can not occur; good design up front to design out the defect. 

Things like ... don't put infected folks in elder care homes. 

How do you determine whether a nursing home employee is infected or not if you don't test them?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

How do you determine whether a nursing home employee is infected or not if you don't test them?

That's the "design the defect out" process; it just happens to be a 'test' in this case. (In the engineering world it's a design review or prototyping.) 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's the "design the defect out" process; it just happens to be a 'test' in this case. (In the engineering world it's a design review or prototyping.) 

So testing is necessary in this case?

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I don't think that's what he's talking about. I heard the hosts talking about this on Fox this morning. They're saying get an absentee ballot and bring it to the polls. That's quite different than vote twice (once in person and by mail-in ballot). 

Fox News, if you heard it there it must be true!

• Upvote 3

We keep hearing how the right is fanning flames of violence. He’s a collection of left-leaning people and their comments. I’ll hang up and listen.

10 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Unlike the Rambo wannabes fighting the "evil leftist Antifa types"........

An unstable president, like Trump, is a great concern for members of our armed forces.  Knowing that our enemies pay bounties on them and the orange turd does and says nothing has to be killing morale.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So testing is necessary in this case?

Absolutely.....and maybe Cass Co. is on the right track of testing "priority" groups. We have know from day 1 who is in that group. 

Lining up students outside the HPC at UND...….yippee.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Goon said:

We keep hearing how the right is fanning flames of violence. He’s a collection of left-leaning people and their comments. I’ll hang up and listen.

BOTH sides are fanning the flames, but this is because Trump has set the tone to do so.  This level of government divisiveness in a time of domestic crisis would've been unthinkable under Obama, GWB, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc.  Trump is 100% party over country, and everybody else henceforth follows suit.  Unlike previous Presidents, Trump has never once attempted to represent the totality of the nation.  His entire Presidency is predicated upon 'owning the liberals'.   Why is this so difficult to understand?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Absolutely.....and maybe Cass Co. is on the right track of testing "priority" groups. We have know from day 1 who is in that group. 

Lining up students outside the HPC at UND...….yippee.

Valley Senior Living held another weekly mass testing event on 8/31. Results started trickling in yesterday(half the results aren't back yet). So far 7 positives, so that's 7 employees who could have brought the virus into the facilities the past couple days while awaiting results, plus an unknown number of staff with no results yet who also could be bringing the virus into the facility.

Is there not benefit in mass testing? Quarantining positives from these tests should reduce community spread and in turn reduce the number of infections into these skilled nursing facilities, no?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

BOTH sides are fanning the flames, but this is because Trump has set the tone to do so.  This level of government divisiveness in a time of crisis would've been unthinkable under Obama, GWB, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc.  Trump is 100% party over country, and everybody else henceforth follows suit.  Unlike previous Presidents, Trump has never once attempted to represent the totality of the nation.    Why is this so difficult to understand?

Do you have the montage of Right-Leaning politicians and media people calling for unrest and violence. By all means, please post it if you do. 
I will again, hang up and listen. In the mean time, I will drop this little nugget. Nineteen minutes after his swearing in, the Washington Compost was calling for President Trump's impeachment. 

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

Jan. 20, 2017 at 11:19 a.m. GMT-6

The effort to impeach President Donald John Trump is already underway.

At the moment the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to build public support for his impeachment went live at ImpeachDonaldTrumpNow.org, spearheaded by two liberal advocacy groups aiming to lay the groundwork for his eventual ejection from the White House.

The organizers behind the campaign, Free Speech for People and RootsAction, are hinging their case on Trump’s insistence on maintaining ownership of his luxury hotel and golf course business while in office. Ethics experts have warned that his financial holdings could potentially lead to constitutional violations and undermine public faith in his decision-making.

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Valley Senior Living held another weekly mass testing event on 8/31. Results started trickling in yesterday(half the results aren't back yet). So far 7 positives, so that's 7 employees who could have brought the virus into the facilities the past couple days while awaiting results, plus an unknown number of staff with no results yet who also could be bringing the virus into the facility.

Is there not benefit in mass testing? Quarantining positives from these tests should reduce community spread and in turn reduce the number of infections into these skilled nursing facilities, no?

I see where you are going with this and I'm not in total disagreement. Massive testing just to test....no. The 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon testing method is chasing a ghost you can't catch. "Priority" testing especially in the vulnerable population absolutely makes sense. I do see this as beneficial.

Again what you are wanting, testing everyone all the time, isn't even done within the healthcare community.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I see where you are going with this and I'm not in total disagreement. Massive testing just to test....no. The 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon testing method is chasing a ghost you can't catch. "Priority" testing especially in the vulnerable population absolutely makes sense. I do see this as beneficial.

Again what you are wanting, testing everyone all the time, isn't even done within the healthcare community.

I don't think we need to test everyone all the time.  

But testing those that are going into gatherings such as schools....I can see benefit in what UND is doing over NDSU to prevent further community spread, can't you? It's unfortunate it's not being done widespread in the healthcare community yet. I think we are fortunate enough to be in ND where at least we know the skilled nursing facilities are being regularly tested, but there's still room for improvement.

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

A statement in September qualifies as interfering with an election that takes place in November?     

USA TODAY
North Carolina elections chief says 'It is illegal to vote twice in an election' after Trump comment on double voting

William Cummings, USA TODAY  26 mins ago

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I don't think that's what he's talking about. I heard the hosts talking about this on Fox this morning. They're saying get an absentee ballot and bring it to the polls. That's quite different than vote twice (once in person and by mail-in ballot). 

Michigan and North Carolina election officials remind voters that voting twice is illegal after Trump suggests itn AG on Trump comments: Don't vote twice and remember don't drink bleach
By Chandelis Duster, CNN  31 mins ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michigan-and-north-carolina-election-officials-remind-voters-that-voting-twice-is-illegal-after-trump-suggests-itn-ag-on-trump-comments-don-t-vote-twice-and-remember-don-t-drink-bleach/ar-BB18G8ja?ocid=msedgdhp

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I don't think we need to test everyone all the time.  

But testing those that are going into gatherings such as schools....I can see benefit in what UND is doing over NDSU to prevent further community spread, can't you? It's unfortunate it's not being done widespread in the healthcare community yet. I think we are fortunate enough to be in ND where at least we know the skilled nursing facilities are being regularly tested, but there's still room for improvement.

You have to wonder about the purpose of these tests. I had to take a test recently, and it took five days for my negative results to come back. If there was an accurate, rapid testing method available it would be more ideal. All it is, is a snapshot of that time and date. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Do you have the montage of Right-Leaning politicians and media people calling for unrest and violence. By all means, please post it if you do. 
I will again, hang up and listen. In the mean time, I will drop this little nugget. Nineteen minutes after his swearing in, the Washington Compost was calling for President Trump's impeachment. 

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

If you don't have this very specific request distilled into an easily consumed video catered to the lumpenproletariat, then I don't believe you!

Anyone capable of critical thinking will agree that Trump is fanning the flames.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Sounds like a personal responsibility issue.  Those with access to old people should be more careful/be tested often and the facility should tighten their procedures.  Shouldn't cause a volleyball team of high school kids to miss two weeks of games.  

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

If you don't have this very specific request distilled into an easily consumed video catered to the lumpenproletariat, then I don't believe you!

Anyone capable of critical thinking will agree that Trump is fanning the flames.

Way to stay on the liberal talking points. 

s