Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Wall Street Journal.  Forbes

Don't forget Vanity Fair lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Wall Street Journal.  Forbes

I don't consider Forbes right-leaning. The Wall Street Journal is acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Fast forward 5 years....even with an "effective" vaccine that is 50% accurate, you could still easily have Covid-19 (or Covid 24) deaths in the tens of thousands.  Shut everything down for months each year?

No easy answers to this pandemic. In 5 years we could have a lady President, even sooner if  "Judge" Jeanine Pirro has her way.

 

Full disclosure, I voted for the orange flavor.

 

He’s not understanding that he’s nothing more than temporary hired help working for us. Verses, it’s all about what is good for him.

His hate to the press & calling it “fake news” - more accurately fake points towards his comments.

Media keeps the bosses informed, that is us! Without the media, we all might be drinking hydroxychloroquine.

He's slid the Presidency away from the Constitution.

He does not try to unite the American people.

 

We need to get to some kind of American normal politics.

The office of the Presidency needs to regain it's due respect.

 

The Question this Week — “You ready to go to work?” he said, to which she replied, “Oh my God, I am so ready”.

 

Biden/Harris will get my vote in November. 
Many notable R already committed to Vote the D ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Wall Street Journal.  Forbes

I consider both of these to be right in the center. They tend not to even write on controversial topics, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

My point in asking you is it seems as though you, like most of us, consume one sided news. So when the opposite viewpoint is presented(if you ever even get exposed to it) the agenda is to immediately discredit the writer of said opinion.

Not a personal attack on you, just an interesting observation that if you consider reading WSJ and Forbes to be your version of "the other side of the story" I'm not surprised that you think conservative people are all extremist right wingers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, 1972 said:

so if it could be brought in to any facility by just about any means,  what is the point of shutting buisnesses down?  are we really helping anything? are we just trying to appease the huddled masses? would going on about our lives as normal really change the numbers at all?  nobody knows for sure.  we are throwing darts at a dart board and hopping it works.

(p.s.  if masks truely worked as hoped, asia would never have had a problem.  they have been wearing mask everyday for decades because their air quality is so poor)

 

20 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Nursing homes are controlled, or at least controllable settings with an access point.  It never ceases to amaze me the logic that people like you use by saying...."let's lockdown/impact/change as many lives as we can in the general public by cancelling/restricting activities" instead of doing the more common sense less intrusive approach of "let's control the access point".  If an employee at the nursing home is scrubbing in/following the proper procedures the risk is minimal.  If they aren't.....that's on the nursing home.  If visitors can't safely enter, that's on the administration for not setting appropriate policies and the visitors for not being safe enough out in public given their want to periodically visit a nursing home.  A high school senior missing prom wasn't and still isn't the solution. 

It get's kind of amusing to watch people almost unintentionally stumble on the reason why "keep the vulverable sheltered and let everyone else live their life" won't actually work in reality.

 

14 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Both 401s and IRAs are deferred, but in 2019 congress passed legislation to collect significantly more taxes from your inherited IRA by eliminating the stretch-rule.

So this is something that Trump signed into law and was approved by a Republican led house then correct? 

Crazy how both sides come off as a dumpster fire.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

No easy answers to this pandemic. In 5 years we could have a lady President, even sooner if  "Judge" Jeanine Pirro has her way.

 

Full disclosure, I voted for the orange flavor.

 

He’s not understanding that he’s nothing more than temporary hired help working for us. Verses, it’s all about what is good for him.

His hate to the press & calling it “fake news” - more accurately fake points towards his comments.

Media keeps the bosses informed, that is us! Without the media, we all might be drinking hydroxychloroquine.

He's slide the Presidency away from the Constitution.

He does not try to unite the American people.

 

We need to get to some kind of American normal politics.

The office of the Presidency needs to regain it's due respect.

 

The Question this Week — “You ready to go to work?” he said, to which she replied, “Oh my God, I am so ready”.

 

Biden/Harris will get my vote in November. 
Many notable R already committed to Vote the D ticket.

Fantastic way of avoiding the question. Well done. 

Thanks for the update on how you feel though. We were all so worried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

No easy answers to this pandemic. In 5 years we could have a lady President, even sooner if  "Judge" Jeanine Pirro has her way.

 

Full disclosure, I voted for the orange flavor.

 

He’s not understanding that he’s nothing more than temporary hired help working for us. Verses, it’s all about what is good for him.

His hate to the press & calling it “fake news” - more accurately fake points towards his comments.

Media keeps the bosses informed, that is us! Without the media, we all might be drinking hydroxychloroquine.

He's slide the Presidency away from the Constitution.

He does not try to unite the American people.

 

We need to get to some kind of American normal politics.

The office of the Presidency needs to regain it's due respect.

 

The Question this Week — “You ready to go to work?” he said, to which she replied, “Oh my God, I am so ready”.

 

Biden/Harris will get my vote in November. 
Many notable R already committed to Vote the D ticket.

to a couple of your points

 

1. almost all politions dont understand that they work for us, and continue to work for themselves (getting rich while serving in office)

2. he wouldnt call it fake news if they even tried to bother to give all the facts, instead of just bits and pieces that help their views

3. i think he may have brought the country closer together than you think.  the radicals on the left keep trying to cause unrest and a sense of division

4. if you think the democrats have done ANYTHING to try to do things in more accordance with the constitution, you need to wake up

5. i agree, we need all parties to get back to a more normal decorum in politics

6.  his way of doing things is rough, but you cannot say he hasnt gotten most of the things done he said he would.  i dont think that there is a country on earth that thinks he is joking, or posturing when he responds to a threat, or precieved threat to the country.  much different from the apology tour the last president went on

7.  many Ds have said they are not voting for a D this time around.   so that probably a wash

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 1972 said:

to a couple of your points

 

1. almost all politions dont understand that they work for us, and continue to work for themselves (getting rich willing serving in office)

2. he wouldnt call it fake news if they even tried to bother to give all the facts, instead of just bits and pieces that help their views

3. i think he may have brought the country closer together than you think.  the radicals on the left keep trying to cause unrest and a sense of division

4. if you think the democrats have done ANYTHING to try to do things in more accordance with the constitution, you need to wake up

5. i agree, we need all parties to get back to a more normal decorum in politics

6.  his way of doing things is rough, but you cannot say he hasnt gotten most of the things done he said he would.  i dont think that there is a country on earth that thinks he is joking, or posturing when he responds to a threat, or precieved threat to the country.  much different from the apology tour the last president went on

7.  many Ds have said they are not voting for a D this time around.   so that probably a wash

 

Many good points.

4 & 6 give me concern. 

No one has driffted this far from the constitution. 
He needs to get things done with Congress. 
I'm with you on the apology tour, but at the same time Trump is not my choice to have responding to a serious treat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Many good points.

4 & 6 give me concern. 

No one has driffted this far from the constitution. 
He needs to get things done with Congress. 
I'm with you on the apology tour, but at the same time Trump is not my choice to have respnding to a serious treat.

You must have forgotten Obama, Mr Pen and his phone who created an illegal program called DACA. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I consider both of these to be right in the center. They tend not to even write on controversial topics, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

My point in asking you is it seems as though you, like most of us, consume one sided news. So when the opposite viewpoint is presented(if you ever even get exposed to it) the agenda is to immediately discredit the writer of said opinion.

Not a personal attack on you, just an interesting observation that if you consider reading WSJ and Forbes to be your version of "the other side of the story" I'm not surprised that you think conservative people are all extremist right wingers.

Its easy to discredit already discredited news sources.  It doesn't surprise me that someone like Goon, who has knee-jerk reactions when reading far right discredited news finds himself having further knee jerk reactions when called on it. 

Dude needs sedatives me thinks...

Lol 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

Its easy to discredit already discredited news sources.  It doesn't surprise me that someone like Goon, who has knee-jerk reactions when reading far right discredited news finds himself having further knee jerk reactions when called on it. 

Dude needs sedatives me thinks...

Lol 

This is a serious question. How legitimate is someone being "discredited" when they are being "discredited" by the very people or person who has the opposite viewpoint and benefit from people thinking the opposite viewpoint is invalid?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Its easy to discredit already discredited news sources.  It doesn't surprise me that someone like Goon, who has knee-jerk reactions when reading far right discredited news finds himself having further knee jerk reactions when called on it. 

Dude needs sedatives me thinks...

Lol 

You're suffering from Delusions of Grandeur. I love how some lefties think only their news sources are solid and everyone else's are far right. 

CNN, the New York Times and the Washington Post have all been discredit in the way they covered the #spygate hoax. Now when they're called on it for pushing a hoax and they're acting like on like nothing happened. CNN hasn't been credible for a long time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wear your mask outside? 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Goon said:

You're suffering from Delusions of Grandeur. I love how some lefties think only their news sources are solid and everyone else's are far right. 

CNN, the New York Times and the Washington Post have all been discredit in the way they covered the #spygate hoax. Now when they're called on it for pushing a hoax and they're acting like on like nothing happened. CNN hasn't been credible for a long time. 

Really?

 

I mean, if you believe this crap, you not only need help - you need a specialist.

 

https://www.gq.com/story/spygate-conspiracy-theory-explained

 

Or... maybe you just need better medication.

https://apnews.com/5ac374eb455bcd643d9ff1d63fe01c4c

 

A real journalist would know better.  You don't.  Lol. 

You and the cult are so deluded that most people come here for a laugh.   

Its like a zoo for Reich wing nut jobs.

Post something credible more than 50% of the time and maybe they stop laughing.  Doubtful though.

Now, go play with your rubber bullets and water cannons before Antifa comes to get you.

ROTFLMFAO!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont feed the troll...ignore him and he will get bored and frustrated and just go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

 Most people were and are not smart enough to realize the curve that was being flattened ... was hospital admissions. 

Most people aren't smart enough to realize the area under the curve will end up being the same, ... because virus gonna virus. 

 

I think everyone understood that. I don't think that could have been any clearer.  The whole purpose was to not overwhelm the medical system to allow anyone in medical distress the best chance of a positive outcome.

It seems that people aren't being smart enough to see that the goalposts got completely moved once the generally population really did a great job of accomplishing the original goal.  The current plan seems to have absolutely no endgame.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

I think everyone understood that. I don't think that could have been any clearer.  The whole purpose was to not overwhelm the medical system to allow anyone in medical distress the best chance of a positive outcome.

It seems that people aren't being smart enough to see that the goalposts got completely moved once the generally population really did a great job of accomplishing the original goal.  The current plan seems to have absolutely no endgame.

I think this is such an important point that nobody who is advocating for restrictions seems to be able to answer. When is it ok to return to our previous normal? If you don't have an answer to that, people are rightfully going to find it difficult to comply. People can manage the most unmanageable situations if they are given a finish line. Right now with no finish line to the pain, people are unwilling to comply and I don't blame them one bit.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I think everyone understood that. I don't think that could have been any clearer. 

I believe you are vastly overestimating how well the average person is paying attention. 

As far as goalposts been moved, yes, agree. The initial curve was flattened. The medical system had their preparation time. Now they behave as if the goal is zero, as if they don't want any cases? Unrealistic. Virus gonna virus. 

As far as "endgame" ... this is merely round one in a great game of social herding Simon says. Next thing they'll tell us wearing an onion on our belt* will ward off the virus ... and there'll be a run on Walla Walla sweets, and people who wear kohlrabi (close but not right, like a mask that doesn't cover your nose), and others with nothing (the anti-veggers).

 

*If only @PCM were here for that reference. :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

When is it ok to return to our previous normal? If you don't have an answer to that, people are rightfully going to find it difficult to comply. 

That's the question I want answered, too. There's this perspective that we can't until we have a virus. That brings up a lot of issues, too. 
I get a flu shot every year, but I am not so sure I am going to take a COVID-19 vaccine I don't know if I would trust them. 

Hey @hayduke1 likes to site this crappy site, but he probably got excited when he read this. 

Could People Be Jailed, Fined for Refusing COVID-19 Vaccine in US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure as < bleep > ain't taking no Russian vax they licensed this week. 

Heck, I probably won't take anything before a third generation vax.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Goon said:

That's the question I want answered, too. There's this perspective that we can't until we have a virus. That brings up a lot of issues, too. 
I get a flu shot every year, but I am not so sure I am going to take a COVID-19 vaccine I don't know if I would trust them. 

Hey @hayduke1 likes to site this crappy site, but he probably got excited when he read this. 

Could People Be Jailed, Fined for Refusing COVID-19 Vaccine in US?

Unless normal exemptions will be voided with the Covid vaccine, vaccine exemption laws are different from state to state. Minnesota for example still has three options for opting out of any vaccines. Medical, Religious and simply a conscientious objection. As another example, California recently took away all three of those exemptions. So my guess is it would be state to state with the Covid vaccine as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job Federal Law Enforcement. 

US Makes Largest Seizure of Digital Accounts Used to Fund Terror Group

 

Quote

 

WASHINGTON—Federal law enforcement agencies announced the dismantling of three terrorist organizations’ fundraising campaigns on Aug. 13.

The terror organizations involved are Hamas’ paramilitary wing al-Qassam Brigades, al-Qaeda, and Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS). All three used social media and cryptocurrency to raise money for their operations, according to the Department of Justice (DOJ).

The DOJ has taken down four websites and four Facebook pages, as well as seized $2 million and more than 300 cryptocurrency wallets. Officials said it is the largest-ever seizure of digital currency funds related to terrorism.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...