SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Just now, Bison06 said:

Not one word in your repeating, rambling soliloquy did anything to answer the question I posed. I didn’t give my opinion, I simply asked a question that you have yet to answer.

I did.

I guess it's beyond you. 

Not my problem.

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

You can't make this up.

BLM Sues City Of Seattle, Claims They Must Purchase Expensive Protective Gear To Exercise First Amendment Rights

Five protesters who say they’ve taken part in several Black Lives Matter demonstrations in Seattle are suing the city, claiming that the Seattle Police Department’s aggressive crowd control measures have forced them to purchase expensive protective gear, essentially “pricing” them out of exercising their First Amendment rights.

The suit, filed Monday, is the latest in a series of lawsuits directed at Seattle city government and Seattle Police Department over how law enforcement officials handle BLM and other associated demonstrations. The ACLU of Washington filed suit in early June alleging that Seattle police exceeded their authority when they used tear gas, flashbang grenades, and rubber bullets to handle ongoing protests that, at the time, were threatening to become riots.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I did.

I guess it's beyond you. 

Not my problem.

You said all of the precautions have slowed the growth, cases literally have gone higher and at a faster rate since masking has gone into place. Your answer isn’t an answer.

• Upvote 2

You people are on a different planet.  

Even though mask usage is up, it’s no secret that most outbreaks can be traced to stupidity; i.e people not adhering to safety protocol.   Is there any wonder why even Republican states are mandating masks now, as are 160 other nations around the world?  

Those brilliant southern states opened up with little mask usage regulations or social distancing requirements. Only when (surprise, surprise) Covid got out of control did those mental midgets reverse policy.  

Is mask usage (in addition to to social distancing, washing hands) a solution? Not even close.  However, when all these preventive measures are implemented together, it does reduce one's chances of contracting Covid.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Even though mask usage is up, it’s no secret that most outbreaks can be traced to stupidity; i.e people not adhering to safety protocol.   Is there any wonder why even Republican states are mandating masks now, as are 160 other nations around the world?  

Those brilliant southern states opened up with little mask usage regulations or social distancing requirements. Only when (surprise, surprise) Covid got out of control did those mental midgets reverse policy.  

Is mask usage (in addition to to social distancing, washing hands) a solution? Not even close.  However, when all these preventive measures are implemented together, it does reduce one's chances of contracting Covid.  

I can agree that I feel like I’m on a different planet than you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It seems to me that the more we learn about this virus, the more the original comments from epidemiologists and state leaders were spot on.

"We can't control the virus, it's going to run it's course"

Social distancing, masking, anything else that's been proposed has simply kicked the can down the road as it pertains to herd immunity.

Protect and isolate the vulnerable, the rest of us need to get back to life and increase the immunity among our population.

• Upvote 3
16 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

A nicer way of saying they are clueless Trumptards.

Lol

• Downvote 3
50 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It seems to me that the more we learn about this virus, the more the original comments from epidemiologists and state leaders were spot on.

"We can't control the virus, it's going to run it's course"

Social distancing, masking, anything else that's been proposed has simply kicked the can down the road as it pertains to herd immunity.

Protect and isolate the vulnerable, the rest of us need to get back to life and increase the immunity among our population.

This.  Wasn't it science?  We should trust the scientists, right?  If the same amount of people are going to get the virus no matter what, we should open everything up until hospitals are nearly full and get this thing over with.

• Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This.  Wasn't it science?  We should trust the scientists, right?  If the same amount of people are going to get the virus no matter what, we should open everything up until hospitals are nearly full and get this thing over with.

Brilliant idea. The faster everyone catches this thing the quicker and less painful all the deaths will be. It’s not like you can get it twice right?

Also to note, I’ve read that 10-20% of those infected end up with an enlarged heart. Further studies need to be done on this condition and we need to hurry up and get a large sampling of previously infected so we can understand  further. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Brilliant idea. The faster everyone catches this thing the quicker and less painful all the deaths will be. It’s not like you can get it twice right?

Also to note, I’ve read that 10-20% of those infected end up with an enlarged heart. Further studies need to be done on this condition and we need to hurry up and get a large sampling of previously infected so we can understand  further. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm

Influenza also has serious long term complications at times, this is nothing new like the media would have you believe.

So tell us all again, what's changed? Viruses are deadly and awful with long term complications, they always have been. Why did we respond so differently to this one?

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm

Influenza also has serious long term complications at times, this is nothing new like the media would have you believe.

So tell us all again, what's changed? Viruses are deadly and awful with long term complications, they always have been. Why did we respond so differently to this one?

Because it has killed almost 160,000 Americans in about 4 months?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Because it has killed almost 160,000 Americans in about 4 months?

Has it actually though? Until they distinguish between people that die with covid and people who die because of covid, I'll reserve judgement on the actual statistics.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Has it actually though? Until they distinguish between people that die with covid and people who die because of covid, I'll reserve judgement on the actual statistics.

Or, don't you mean you'll reserve judgement until you have a chance to see what the right wing interpretation is of those statistics?

Because the statistics are clear.  If you choose to look at them.  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Here is a question does getting Covid a bad thing?  If everyone gets it who cares?

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

Or, don't you mean you'll reserve judgement until you have a chance to see what the right wing interpretation is of those statistics?

Because the statistics are clear.  If you choose to look at them.  

They are just as clear as how flu deaths have been counted. 

Just now, Redneksioux said:

What's the end game in your opinion? Serious question. 

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yup.

They just regurgitate all the garbage they hear on right wing media.  For the glorification of the orange dipsh$t.  

They'll claim they don't.  Because that is how a cult operates. 

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Yup.

They just regurgitate all the garbage they hear on right wing media.  For the glorification of the orange dipsh$t.  

They'll claim they don't.  Because that is how a cult operates. 

Lol have you always had a mental defect or is this something Trump did to you? I just can't imagine an adult living their life like this.

• Upvote 3

Fauci juat said in an interview he'd be satisfied  with a vaccine that provides 50% efficacy. Obviously he is hopeful for a higher efficacy rate.

I will use big simple numbers for the slow kids in class today.  330M population.  40%-ish will get vaccine right away based on latest polls. Of that 40%-ish vaccinated only half will the vaccine possibly protect per Fauci. Do the math........we have wrecked this country in almost every way for the potential end game to still have possibly 250-260M at risk after the vaccine comes out........or roughly 75% of the population.

13 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol have you always had a mental defect or is this something Trump did to you? I just can't imagine an adult living their life like this.

Really?

I can't imagine a Trump supporter having enough intelligence and/or character to own up to the truth of his entire life, including his presidency and the current pandemic.

They never disappoint. 

• Upvote 1
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic