SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

10 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Is that Bidens new catch phrase now?  

Well, while "Trump is a Moron" is true, it doesn't have the soft touch needed to attract his lunatic base.  Because, that is pretty much all he has left now.

Remember.

FB_IMG_1596459604740.jpg

• Upvote 1

(CNN)The daughter of Rep. Louie Gohmert publicly rebuked her father for not wearing a mask and ignoring medical expertise before he tested positive for coronavirus last week.

"This has been a heartbreaking battle bc I love my dad and don't want him to die," she continued. "Please please listen to medical experts. It's not worth following a president who has no remorse for leading his followers to an early grave."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/politics/louie-gohmert-daughter-masks-coronavirus/index.html

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

(CNN)The daughter of Rep. Louie Gohmert publicly rebuked her father for not wearing a mask and ignoring medical expertise before he tested positive for coronavirus last week.

"This has been a heartbreaking battle bc I love my dad and don't want him to die," she continued. "Please please listen to medical experts. It's not worth following a president who has no remorse for leading his followers to an early grave."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/politics/louie-gohmert-daughter-masks-coronavirus/index.html

FB_IMG_1596494653571.jpg

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

43EF7BFA-72D8-40B1-A101-2F4F2546A047.jpeg

Not true.  Last time I checked, the several criminal Task Forces operating in the Twin Cities—comprised of federal, state, and local law enforcement organizations, have charged quite a few. Perhaps over 50 so far.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Goon said:

Nope he spits out poll focused leftwing talking points like the liberal bots on Twitter. 

Unlike your daily vomiting of far right wing blog talking points?  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Unlike your daily vomiting of far right wing blog talking points?  

I have yet to see anything on this board that I would consider “far right wing”. Right of center certainly. On the other hand, we have commenter(s) openly praising left violence in this thread. 

I enjoy a lively debate, especially among people who disagree fervently,  but praising violence and is a bridge too far.

• Upvote 4

90-minute tests that detect Covid-19 and other viruses to be rolled out in UK
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/90-minute-tests-that-detect-covid-19-and-other-viruses-to-be-rolled-out-in-uk/ar-BB17w2hD?ocid=msedgdhp

The British government has procured "millions" of two separate coronavirus tests that can detect not only coronavirus but several other viruses common in autumn, winter and spring, the UK's Department of Health said Monday.

The tests will be rolled out in hospitals, care homes and labs across the UK from next week.

"We're using the most innovative technologies available to tackle coronavirus. Millions of new rapid coronavirus tests will provide on-the-spot results in under 90 minutes, helping us to break chains of transmission quickly," Health Secretary Matt Hancock said in a statement.

Pandemic experts have said it would be useful to be able to differentiate among the various flu-like illnesses that circulate in winter months, and quick detection of any of them can help get patients isolated and onto whatever treatment is available.

image.png

10 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I have yet to see anything on this board that I would consider “far right wing”. Right of center certainly. On the other hand, we have commenter(s) openly praising left violence in this thread. 

I enjoy a lively debate, especially among people who disagree fervently,  but praising violence and is a bridge too far.

Can you give us an example of anyone here praising violence? The only posts I recall is one by Goon with a video of men physically beating supposed antifa guys. There were also some poster idolizing using water cannons or shooting protesters in the leg? I guess we could consider those that are adamantly anti mask somewhat violent as these actions and decisions can be deadly to people. On top of that we have republicans trying to dismantle millions of people’s’ health insurance plans. Maybe this is considered a humane form of deadly though?

”this is their new hoax” would better summarize the republican outcry over antifa. Yeah it’s a thing. In a couple cities on a couple streets. Guess what though, covid is still here, killing more people and now spreading rampantly in the Midwest. But let’s focus on a few idiots in Portland?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Can you give us an example of anyone here praising violence? The only posts I recall is one by Goon with a video of men physically beating supposed antifa guys. There were also some poster idolizing using water cannons or shooting protesters in the leg? I guess we could consider those that are adamantly anti mask somewhat violent as these actions and decisions can be deadly to people. On top of that we have republicans trying to dismantle millions of people’s’ health insurance plans. Maybe this is considered a humane form of deadly though?

”this is their new hoax” would better summarize the republican outcry over antifa. Yeah it’s a thing. In a couple cities on a couple streets. Guess what though, covid is still here, killing more people and now spreading rampantly in the Midwest. But let’s focus on a few idiots in Portland?

This is where my friends in the left lose all credibility in my eyes. People not wearing masks are violent? That’s half a step away from the extreme left wing view that words can be violent and can constitute assault.

The left is very adept at what you’ve just done in the above paragraphs and I find it to be a serious threat to our country moving forward. You’ve taken a difference of opinion and turned it into a conversation of violence, which is a word that has meaning as violence can be met with equal violence. So now someone doesn’t wear a mask and it’s ok to be violent against them “in retaliation”.

Its a dangerous game you’re playing with that word play.

16 hours ago, Goon said:

Nope he spits out poll focused leftwing talking points like the liberal bots on Twitter. 

Says someone who continuously posts content from this guy: 

Andy Ngo, the right-wing journalist who was embraced by mainstream republicans may suddenly be persona non grata among conservatives. Nearly all mentions of Ngo were scrubbed from the upscale right-wing publication Quillette after a newly-released video showed him acting friendly with members of Patriot Prayer, a far-right hate group. 
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/right-wing-journalist-andy-ngo-outed-video-shows-him-hanging-out-with-far-right-hate-group/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Bison06 said:

This is where my friends in the left lose all credibility in my eyes. People not wearing masks are violent? That’s half a step away from the extreme left wing view that words can be violent and can constitute assault.

The left is very adept at what you’ve just done in the above paragraphs and I find it to be a serious threat to our country moving forward. You’ve taken a difference of opinion and turned it into a conversation of violence, which is a word that has meaning as violence can be met with equal violence. So now someone doesn’t wear a mask and it’s ok to be violent against them “in retaliation”.

Its a dangerous game you’re playing with that word play.

I never said it’s ok to be violent against someone not wearing a mask, you are putting words into my mouth.

go back and find those praising violence on siouxsports. You will find the gun violence, water cannons, and beat the antifa posts from a group of posters not on the left side.

meanwhile we have the anti mask rhetoric. While not violent, these behaviors have been far more deadly to Americans than this massive problem we have on our hands with antifa.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

I never said it’s ok to be violent against someone not wearing a mask, you are putting words into my mouth.

go back and find those praising violence on siouxsports. You will find the gun violence, water cannons, and beat the antifa posts from a group of posters not on the left side.

meanwhile we have the anti mask rhetoric. While not violent, these behaviors have been far more deadly to Americans than this massive problem we have on our hands with antifa.

The word violence has meaning, you can’t change it for your own purposes.

The connotation of violence allows for the victim of the violence to defend themself. This is why you see people attacking others who have either done something that offends them or said something that offends them. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman-enraged-at-man-not-wearing-mask-at-outdoor-cafe-allegedly-throws-coffee-in-his-face

6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Says someone who continuously posts content from this guy: 

Andy Ngo, the right-wing journalist who was embraced by mainstream republicans may suddenly be persona non grata among conservatives. Nearly all mentions of Ngo were scrubbed from the upscale right-wing publication Quillette after a newly-released video showed him acting friendly with members of Patriot Prayer, a far-right hate group. 
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/right-wing-journalist-andy-ngo-outed-video-shows-him-hanging-out-with-far-right-hate-group/

Not a defense of Andy Ngo, as I don’t know the specifics here, but isn’t it a journalists job to interview people, which at times means spending a bit of time with them, even if those people are dispicible?

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The word violence has meaning, you can’t change it for your own purposes.

The connotation of violence allows for the victim of the violence to defend themself. This is why you see people attacking others who have either done something that offends them or said something that offends them. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman-enraged-at-man-not-wearing-mask-at-outdoor-cafe-allegedly-throws-coffee-in-his-face

This is a story of a couple idiots fighting eachother, No one here will defend either side. 

could this have been prevented if our country had some real leadership and provided guidance on mask wearing? We’ll never know.

meanwhile trump continues to fail and deflect.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

This is a story of a couple idiots fighting eachother, No one here will defend either side. 

could this have been prevented if our country had some real leadership and provided guidance on mask wearing? We’ll never know.

meanwhile trump continues to fail and deflect.

So someone throws hot coffee on someone and they retaliate(righteously if you ask me) and you say they are a couple of idiots? I’ll defend this guy all day, you can’t throw hot coffee on someone(actual violence) and not expect retribution.
This is America in 2020 though, people(not you) defending the gals right to attack him because he didn’t wear a mask.

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So someone throws hot coffee on someone and they retaliate(righteously if you ask me) and you say they are a couple of idiots? I’ll defend this guy all day, you can’t throw hot coffee on someone(actual violence) and not expect retribution.
This is America in 2020 though, people(not you) defending the gals right to attack him because he didn’t wear a mask.

Tragic story I know.

Here’s a story of an essential worker who had asked to work from home multiple times But was denied and wasn’t provided ppe by her employer. Fortunately no coffee on her face but she ended up dead....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxbaltimore.com/amp/news/coronavirus/denied-permission-to-work-from-home-md-public-health-worker-dies-after-covid-hits-office

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Here’s a story of an essential worker who had asked to work from home multiple times But was denied and wasn’t provided ppe by her employer. Fortunately no coffee on her face but she ended up dead....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxbaltimore.com/amp/news/coronavirus/denied-permission-to-work-from-home-md-public-health-worker-dies-after-covid-hits-office

....and?  What's your point as it pertain to the real world?

Tragic story I know.

What’s the parallel here? Does a person’s death, that in no way relates to the the coffee interaction, justify an a-hole throwing coffee in someone’s face? 

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Not a defense of Andy Ngo, as I don’t know the specifics here, but isn’t it a journalists job to interview people, which at times means spending a bit of time with them, even if those people are dispicible?

You would be correct If he did, in fact, interview people.  But he didn't.  Video that surfaced as part of a lawsuit clearly shows as such.  He hung around this particular hate group, laughing, while they planned an assault on antifa members.  
He then filmed the attack, and edited the footage to appear like Antifa were the instigators.  

it’s why he’s pretty much been dropped by respectable right wing outlets.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You would be correct If he did, in fact, interview people.  But he didn't.  Video that surfaced as part of a lawsuit clearly shows as such.  He hung around this particular hate group, laughing, while they planned an assault on antifa members.  
He then filmed the attack, and edited the footage to appear like Antifa were the instigators.  

it’s why he’s pretty much been dropped by respectable right wing outlets.  

If that’s true then his reputation should be in question.

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What’s the parallel here? Does a person’s death, that in no way relates to the the coffee interaction, justify an a-hole throwing coffee in someone’s face? 

Both stories are a result of the pandemic are they not? One thankfully stopped after some words exchanged and a coffee in the face. The other one ended someone dying from covid.

you wont see me defending either side of your coffee story, more than likely both sides were on the wrong.

and where are these posts you speak of here from the left side praising violence? I’ve mentioned a few from the right.....just don’t have the time to search for them to quote.

Both stories are a result of the pandemic are they not? One thankfully stopped after some words exchanged and a coffee in the face. The other one ended someone dying from covid.

you wont see me defending either side of your coffee story, more than likely both sides were on the wrong.

and where are these posts you speak of here from the left side praising violence? I’ve mentioned a few from the right.....just don’t have the time to search for them to quote.

Hay duke has been praising and laughing at Antifa violence for weeks.

• Upvote 2

ND boy's HS soccer started up yesterday. First HS sport to get going in ND.

As far as the MSHSL making an announcement today I'm putting my money on them pushing back the start of the fall season back and shortening games/matches by 30%. This will allow them to get enough "science and statistics" by mid September to fit their narrative to cancel fall sports all together.