Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Per WCCO a MSP dermatologist is proposing an update to Twins logo by making either Minnie or Paul a person of color to make it more "modern". I'll vote to make them both black if it guarantees the Twins beat the NYY in a post season series before I die.

The more I think about this, considering how Latin American MLB is, shouldn’t one be Hispanic, not black?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Timing is spot on. Plus it was basically a Rona party. Thousands of attendees indoors, screaming and dancing and very few wearing masks. Would things be different if the ring leader would have only recommended precautions or held it outdoors, we’ll never know. Everyone gets to make their own decisions though, please keep in mind your decisions can affect others.

Your right, everyone can make their own decisions so why are we still putting limits on restaurants, gyms, churches, etc?  Even IF that is what this cause of death was from, this man chose to be there   

That is exactly what the argument on some of these shutdowns has been since the beginning.  Let people choose.  Glad you finally came to your senses.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really gets you excited, doesn't it?  

I get the feeling you get excited when you see an Antifa Thug trying to see fire to a Federal Court House. Or better yet, do you cheer on Antifa Thugs attacking federal agents? I applaud these brave soles for putting their life’s on the line to protect America. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, homer said:

Your right, everyone can make their own decisions so why are we still putting limits on restaurants, gyms, churches, etc?  Even IF that is what this cause of death was from, this man chose to be there   

That is exactly what the argument on some of these shutdowns has been since the beginning.  Let people choose.  Glad you finally came to your senses.  

You missed "your decisions affect others"

 

The Tulsa rally wasn't limited by any shutdowns. The few thousand in attendance did get a choice to attend. It's already documented that the rally contributed to an outbreak and their poor decision making has affected others.

 

Currently in ND there is no restrictions for churches. There's no statewide mask mandate and there's no city mandate in Grand Forks. Sure you can choose to go to church with no mask, sing and aerosolize your droplets, that's your decision to make. This does not mean it's a good decision.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Goon said:

I get the feeling you get excited when you see an Antifa Thug trying to see fire to a Federal Court House. Or better yet, do you cheer on Antifa Thugs attacking federal agents? I applaud these brave soles for putting their life’s on the line to protect America. 

Light em up!

 

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/30/light-em-up-video-appears-to-show-law-enforcement-shooting-paint-rounds-at-citizens-on-their-porch/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Goon said:

I get the feeling you get excited when you see an Antifa Thug trying to see fire to a Federal Court House. Or better yet, do you cheer on Antifa Thugs attacking federal agents? I applaud these brave soles for putting their life’s on the line to protect America. 

Tea, they did an awesome job teargassing those mothers in Portland.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/from-the-administration-that-brought-you-kids-in-cages-its-tear-gassed-moms-1032760/

 

Did that give you a thrill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Tea, they did an awesome job teargassing those mothers in Portland.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/from-the-administration-that-brought-you-kids-in-cages-its-tear-gassed-moms-1032760/

 

Did that give you a thrill?

Quit harboring the arsons and rioters and may you wouldn’t be caught in the cross fire. Why didn’t they help stop these violent protests?

just because they call themselves moms means nothing! Also didn’t know you could self identify as a mom now too......

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What gives me a thrill? A democratically elected representative republic working. 

What ires me? Folks that believe other systems will work out better. They won't. Don't believe me. Ask the Soviets, the Chinese, people who lived under Nazi Germany, anyone who lived under Baby Doc Duvalier's terror reign, today's Venezuelans, and the rest of history's ghastly list of other unelected, abusive regimes . 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What gives me a thrill? A democratically elected representative republic working. 

What ires me? Folks that believe other systems will work out better. They won't. Don't believe me. Ask the Soviets, the Chinese, people who lived under Nazi Germany, anyone who lived under Baby Doc Duvalier's terror reign, today's Venezuelans, and the rest of history's ghastly list of other unelected, abusive regimes . 

 

I see.

So, by questioning leadership and protesting in the streets, there is a problem because those people all want the types of systems that would repress those actions?  

Could it be that they see problems with the leadership we have emulating exactly those types of regimes you cited?  

Maybe you see value in "delaying" the upcoming election like Cheeto Don is suggesting? 

Hmmmm.... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What gives me a thrill? A democratically elected representative republic working. 

What ires me? Folks that believe other systems will work out better. They won't. Don't believe me. Ask the Soviets, the Chinese, people who lived under Nazi Germany, anyone who lived under Baby Doc Duvalier's terror reign, today's Venezuelans, and the rest of history's ghastly list of other unelected, abusive regimes . 

 

I agree Sicatoka I think it's funny that socialism has failed everywhere yet some want to bring it here and ruin our great country. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

So, by questioning leadership and protesting in the streets, there is a problem because those people all want the types of systems that would repress those actions?  

Could it be that they see problems with the leadership we have emulating exactly those types of regimes you cited?  

Maybe you see value in "delaying" the upcoming election like Cheeto Don is suggesting? 

Hmmmm.... 

You have TDS level Six. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goon said:

I agree @theSicatoka I think it's funny that socialism has failed everywhere yet some want to bring it here and ruin our great country. 

but it hasn't been done right/correctly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Tea, they did an awesome job teargassing those mothers in Portland.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/from-the-administration-that-brought-you-kids-in-cages-its-tear-gassed-moms-1032760/

 

Did that give you a thrill?

"Those mothers" lol you make it sound like they were a group of women waiting to pick their kids up from school. I saw enough interview footage with those ladies to see that they are no different than the loons trying to burn down the courthouse.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Socialism is the attempt of those unable or unwilling to succeed to take from those that have achieved more.  The argument has been perverted to now go as far as saying that the ability and willingness to succeed has something inherently racist or fascist or privileged behind it.

My immigrant grandparents were dirt poor farmers.  Each successive generation became more successful based on a combination of talent and hard work.  I guess that is just my privilege talking...and the 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Quit harboring the arsons and rioters and may you wouldn’t be caught in the cross fire. Why didn’t they help stop these violent protests?

just because they call themselves moms means nothing! Also didn’t know you could self identify as a mom now too......

Another terrorist group, Hamas also used Human Shields.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really gets you excited, doesn't it?  

It does.  Nothing like a little tear gas and some rubber bullets to sort out who's serious about their cause and who isn't.  Portland is so backwards that if they had just left the federal building alone they could have rioted indefinitely......they didn't......and consequences have ensued.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Another terrorist group, Hamas also used Human Shields.

I see.  You are comparing the protesters to Hamas. 

That's not bat@#t crazy, is it? 

Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, by questioning leadership and protesting in the streets, there is a problem because those people all want the types of systems that would repress those actions?  

Is that what I said? Or are you claiming to be some sort of mind reader? (You're not.)

I'm disappointed that folks believe their recourse is the streets. It can be done better by dialog and at the ballot box. And there's far less mayhem and civil destruction. 

You don't believe me? I have three letters for you: A.O.C. <-- She defeated the US House Democrat Caucus Chair Joe Crowley, the #3 Dem in the House, a 10-term incumbent, in what was widely seen as the biggest upset victory in the 2018 midterm election primaries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do me a favor: Read what you wrote there. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

... there is a problem because those people all want the types of systems that would repress those actions?  

Yes.
These people are effectively doing the same thing as begging to sign their own death warrant. They're saying "please put me under Mao's China" or "put me under Stalin's Soviet Union, including the trip to the Gulag, please."

 

Yes, our current system of government is the worst ... except for all the others tried in human history. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is that what I said? Or are you claiming to be some sort of mind reader? (You're not.)

I'm disappointed that folks believe their recourse is the streets. It can be done better by dialog and at the ballot box. And there's far less mayhem and civil destruction. 

You don't believe me? I have three letters for you: A.O.C. <-- She defeated the US House Democrat Caucus Chair Joe Crowley, the #3 Dem in the House, a 10-term incumbent, in what was widely seen as the biggest upset victory in the 2018 midterm election primaries. 

Thanks for using AOC as an example.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/05/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-minneapolis-protests-george-floyd/

“If you are calling for an end to this unrest, and if you are a calling for an end to all of this, but you are not calling for the end of the conditions that created the unrest, you are a hypocrite,” she said in a video on Instagram Saturday morning, posted above. “So if you’re out here calling for the end of unrest, then you better be calling for health care as a human right, you better be calling for accountability in our policing, you better be supporting community review boards, you better be supporting the end of housing discrimination…Because if you don’t call for those things and you’re asking for the end of unrest, all you’re asking for is the continuation of quiet oppression.”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...