SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

27 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Reducing funding isn't the same as defunding.  

That's not what social media and left of center media are saying.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

That was my thought.  Democrats probably want to do a better job explaining that.  Also, good luck separating that movement from Biden.  He will have to take a solid stance and explain clearly at some point when they let him out of the basement.  

Trump is doing a good job painting him in the corner on this one.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It is not a good idea to defund.  Not just politically, but towns/cities need police protection. no argument there.  

I can see movement of some services police have been providing to other agencies.  

There is a lot of frustration with law enforcement in our country.  BLM is not alone in this frustration.  Out of this frustration the cry to defund entire police departments has risen.  That is pretty reactionary, even in my opinion. 

Police departments would do well to openly address and discuss their problems before any defunding proposals take hold.  

I think they have failed up to this point.  Hopefully things will cool down soon and these discussions can happen. 

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

It is not a good idea to defund.  Not just politically, but towns/cities need police protection. no argument there.  

I can see movement of some services police have been providing to other agencies.  

There is a lot of frustration with law enforcement in our country.  BLM is not alone in this frustration.  Out of this frustration the cry to defund entire police departments has risen.  That is pretty reactionary, even in my opinion. 

Police departments would do well to openly address and discuss their problems before any defunding proposals take hold.  

I think they have failed up to this point.  Hopefully things will cool down soon and these discussions can happen. 

I agree with the calls to reallocate a portion of funding for more appropriate services and to not send police on certain non-criminal calls. The police would probably be happy to avoid those calls too.  "Defund the police" was a bad slogan to latch onto for most of the mainstream dems and now they're spending time having to defend it.  But again, some people truly do want the police defunded and law enforcement abolished.  For some reason the mainstream dems don't condemn those statements though.

10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

"Defund the police" was a bad slogan to latch onto for most of the mainstream dems and now they're spending time having to defend it.  But again, some people truly do want the police defunded and law enforcement abolished.  For some reason the mainstream dems don't condemn those statements though.

I actually agree.  I think mainstream Democrats havent loudly vocalized opposition enough.  They could do this by presenting alternate plans with some services moved away from the police. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Okay, then...

86331473.png

Now thats funny!!!!!

Placing this in the dumpster fire thread for multiple reasons....

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, mikejm said:

Really?

You're advocating lethal measures? No arrest, no investigation, no trial. Just put a bullet in them?

Bet it would stop those idiots trying to blind the LEO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Besides the election less than 100 days away, what’s the end game? I’ll ask the same thing I asked at the start of July. What’s gonna be different today then the end of August? 

Kudos to the saints to get some fans back in the stadium too. Golf claps. 

In addition, mask usage has been at an all-time high and evidently (according to the experts) positive cases are going up. Ok. 

• Upvote 1

I see Birx and Fauci are now suggesting goggles and/or face shields.  No I am not joking.

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I see Birx and Fauci are now suggesting goggles and/or face shields.  No I am not joking.

They aren't either.  

The difference?  They know what they are talking about.

25 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

They aren't either.  

We’ll expect a photo of yourself wearing goggles then on this forum soon.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

We’ll expect a photo of yourself wearing goggles then on this forum soon.

Goggles?

I have a face shield at work. 

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Goggles?

I have a face shield at work. 

You wear it everywhere when you’re in public?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

They aren't either.  

"Goggles....proven to work".

In other news Fauci recommends wearing a packing bubble wrap suit to protect oneself from the Murder Hornets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Reducing funding isn't the same as defunding.  

All right, let's play this "word" game. So, we're going to cut your take home paycheck by 25%.. Wouldn't you agree we've taken  money away from you. Hence, we've defunded some of your paycheck? No? I'll hang up and listen to you twist yourself in knots. :) So, if you take money away from the police (1 billion dollars away from the NYPD) you're defunding them. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

They aren't either.  

Vs. who?  I personally have no comments other than I do not see that being implemented very much by anybody but hey, why not suggest it.

18 minutes ago, Goon said:

All right, let's play this "word" game. So, we're going to cut your take home paycheck by 25%.. Wouldn't you agree we've taken  money away from you. Hence, we've defunded some of your paycheck? No? I'll hang up and listen to you twist yourself in knots. :) So, if you take money away from the police (1 billion dollars away from the NYPD) you're defunding them. 

Ok.

In that case, defund the police.  Whatever....

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Let’s be fair. In the broader context, he answered a question truthfully. He didn’t bring it up. 

When asked if we could get to the point they would be recommended.  

"It might, if you really want perfect protection of the mucosal surfaces." 

"You have mucosa in the nose, mucosa in the mouth, but you also have mucosa in the eye," he continued. "Theoretically, you should protect all the mucosal surfaces.”

He noted that goggles and eye or face shields are "not universally recommended".. "but if you really want to be complete, you should probably use it if you can."

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Goggles....proven to work".

In other news Fauci recommends wearing a packing bubble wrap suit to protect oneself from the Murder Hornets.

FCE19B91-7EA1-441C-93C8-4850C44ACFDF.jpeg

• Upvote 1